MBaraso is offline Retired Mod

Washington State Bust

Notice how they always seem to have rec's involved:

Suspect arrested on steroids charges

By PAUL SHUKOVSKY
    SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

Federal agents and Snohomish County Regional Drug Task Force investigators arrested a Marysville man yesterday morning on charges that he trafficked in anabolic steroids, used by athletes to build muscle mass.

Franklin C. Witter, 45, allegedly distributed steroids such as testosterone as well as narcotic pain medications such as oxycodone through two gyms in south Snohomish County, according to Sgt. John Flood of the task force.

Some of those distributing the drugs were personal trainers in Snohomish and King County gyms and fitness centers, according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney's Office in Seattle. It was unclear yesterday whether Witter works as a personal trainer. Family members present at a court hearing yesterday declined to answer questions.

Flood said the investigation began with a tip to law enforcement from a confidential informant. Investigators responded by sending uncover officers to the gyms where they posed as members "looking to get hooked up with anabolic steroids ." Flood declined to identify the gyms, but said that they were cooperating with law enforcement.

A federal indictment also accuses Witter of laundering money involved with the purchase of the drugs by illegally transferring at least $100,000 to Mexico. Investigators say the drugs were imported to the United States from Tijuana, Mexico, and distributed mainly "in Snohomish County, but also as far south as Portland and as far east as Moses Lake."

U.S. Magistrate Judge Monica Benton ordered Witter held pending a detention hearing on Monday. If found guilty, he faces up to 20 years in prison on each of the two charges.

The indictment also charges Edward John Suden, 45, of Edmonds with conspiracy to distribute controlled substances. He was arrested yesterday afternoon and is scheduled to appear in court this morning.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...teroids02.html

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    oxycodone and steroids do NOT mix......let alone any narcotic.......

you're right......every steroid bust i have ever seen included some rec drug

inevitable is offline Member
    oo no... thats not good.. i hope its not the person im thinkin of

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    If found guilty, he faces up to 20 years in prison on each of the two charges.
    i agree recs are a no-no, but 20 years on each of the charges??!?!?! how many violent crimes like assault face those kind of charges? How much tax $ is it going to cost the citizens to lock this guy up for that long????? that's bullsh1t if you ask me........

Scrub is offline Member
    I'm getting tired of all the bad hype steroid users/distributers are getting. When was the last time a steroid user gunned someone down on the streets so they could rob them to take care of their drug addiction? Never!

nomore1324 is offline Associate Member
    agreed

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    why did they have to say it like that? i doubt anybody goes and says "hey i'm looking to get hooked up with anablolic steroids".
    makes it look like their selling crack.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazwell
    why did they have to say it like that? i doubt anybody goes and says "hey i'm looking to get hooked up with anablolic steroids ".
    makes it look like their selling crack.
    Well they treat us like crackheads now so they mine as well use the slang crackheads would use.

Thread Information