Thread: Rest???!!

Unearth is offline New Member

Rest???!!

Im on a Deca and Test cycle and have been hitting the gym HARD. I try to rest atleast 24 hours before i train again, because I dont want to OVERtrain. Im usually not sore anymore by the time i finish my post workout meal and a little tender the next day. I must stress, i work out HARD, and to failure.

What my question is that , If i work a muscle group say, Saturday, could i get away with working again 48 Hours later while on gear? I know rest and diet are just as important as lifting for growth.... , but i LOVE to lift, especially with the pumps ive been getting from the sauce...
    Last edited by Unearth; 06-06-2005 at 09:44 PM.

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    Mostly go by how you feel, But it is best to use a 4 day split to give your muscles adequate recouperation time, rest is as important for building muscle as being in the gym dont overlook it

Scrub is offline Member
    A lot of people on this board will tell you not to work out a body part more than once a week. Personally I workout each muscle group twice a week. I think if you do each body part hard more than twice a week you're really asking for trouble. Working mine out twice a week is finally starting to catch up with me. I'll probably cut down to each part only once a week for a while.

Unearth is offline New Member
    Even when i was NOT on gear, i could work the same muscle group sometime 3 times a week. I eat an extremely high protein diet, so im thinking i can regenerate fairly quickly. My arms are typically the fastest reovery it seems. SHoulders always stay sore for atleast a day after, my buddy who trains with me, really drills my shoulders.

I like to work Biceps and triceps, usually 2 days a week. I follow a one day on, one day off routine.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    It really depends on your split and how much effort and how many different ways you hit each muscle group. I can't possibly work out the exact same muscle group more than once a week because I spend alot of time in each area of each muscle. The bi-ceps has 2 seperate parts the tri-ceps has 3 seperate parts and I like to train every individual head. Your delts have 3 heads so on and so on. My point being if you are hitting every body part adequately enough on that day, you will not need to hit it twice or three times per week.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    hitting each muscle only once a week is recomended.. but i usually train them more than that ( especially while on juice)
    if you notice that you aren't lifting more than you did the previous time you trained a muscle that's a sure sighn of over training and that you should cut back.

Thread Information