bigtimerjp is offline New Member

working and steroids...

i have an outside job, digging pools, i am constantly sweating and i just started my 3rd cycle of sust... what should i do to make sure that the muscle i am gaining in the weight room is not coming off when i work and sweating? will i work off the muscle? i am planning on eating about 260g of protein each day, do you think this is enough to sustain my muscle growth? thanks alot.

jg

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtimerjp
    i have an outside job, digging pools, i am constantly sweating and i just started my 3rd cycle of sust... what should i do to make sure that the muscle i am gaining in the weight room is not coming off when i work and sweating? will i work off the muscle? i am planning on eating about 260g of protein each day, do you think this is enough to sustain my muscle growth? thanks alot.

jg
    im sure you need more protein/cals than that...ESPECIALLY doing a manual labor job like that...how much you weigh?

re:

i weight 205... eating 1.5g of protein per body weight, you think i should bump up the amount of calories and protein? what do you recommend?

while on cycle, 2g protein/lb bodyweight, probably a little more to account for your pool digging (at 205 i would eat 440 or so g protein per day)
    off cycle, perhaps 325g or so, depends on your fat loss goals

when in doubt, eat more than you think you need to, a good cardio routine and diet will melt the extra fat away....you don't want to lose hard earned mass because of a lack of food intake

TiptronicSoldier is offline Associate Member
    I would eat as many good carbs as possible, especially when you take a break from working. Even if you are trying to get leaner I would atleast drink a gatorade after a few hours of heavy digging - for some fast carbs. Yeah I did some landscaping when I was on a bulking cycle. We were laying those huge rocks all over a back yard around pools and stuff. I would try to drink a protein shake and some carbs in between meals then atleast 80 grams of good carbs during meals. I had a ton of energy and wasn't tooooo drained after getting off at dark. I was still tired as hell, but I could still work out a few hours after.

I always pack rice cakes for snacks, they are awesome.

next question...

i really need something to shock my chest, i am pitcher and i dont bench because of the restriction in the motion so i use dumbells(flat,incline, and decline) i cable cross though and i shouldnt, and flys, you know of anything i can do to give my chest muscles a shock, or any routine in particular that are good for pitchers?

Iceman911 is offline Associate Member
    I agree with TiptronicSoldier......I would up your protein to around 400gr and definatley up your good carbs inthe early daytime. Don't forget a sh*tload of water.......Because that is what you'll be sweating out......

TiptronicSoldier is offline Associate Member
    DB or BB pullovers are awesome. They really stretch out your lats too. Honestly it you are worried about losing velocity due to bench, do some serious stretching. You should stretch before and after you lift so you still are flexible. I do boxing tournaments every year and I fascia stretch in between sets of bench and sometimes flyes so im more flexible - plus it helps growth.

Did you ever try using db's on a workout ball. It will really help those stabilizer muscles to get stronger. Alot of professional therapy docs have athletes use these for rehab therapy.
    Why can't you bench? Pain?

bench...

i dont bench because afraid it will restrict my motion even more, what is a fascia stretch? i like the idea of a workout ball, just lie your back on it with feet holding you up?

big breakfast is essential iguess to make sure i dont lose the hardearned muscle huh??????

barbell pullovers?

i have heard about them but never tried them, what actually is the technique to a dumbbell or bb pullover?

You'll use alot of muscles you never thought you had if you use the workout ball. It takes a bit of balance and alittle time to get used to it. But it works good.

Big breakfast is good but try to spread it out as much as you can. Alot of little meals are better than on big one.

thanks for all the input fellows....

Thread Information