BigJames is offline Senior Member

What is Estrogen Rebound?

I see this mentioned in threads and I see that Nolva and maybe letro should be used during cycles and proper pct is important, but what exactly it "estrogen rebound". I did a search and cannot find anything that clarifies exactly what it is and what causes it?

Anyone know more about it?

insanepump621 is offline Member
    bump im curious too

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    when supressing estrogen during a cycle we use SERMS. WHen you come off your cycle you most likely do not keep running your SERMS unless you have issues with estrogen. What might happen when coming directly off from using something that supresses estrogen or inhibits it from binding. Estrogen will have a rebound effect where it bounces back to more then normal due to the supressed nature it was during your cycle and PCT. (Don't you wish your natty test levels would do this?)

Thats why it is usually recommended to taper your dosages of Nolva, arimidex , ect...during PCT.

I hope that kind of helped?
    abstrack@protonmail.com

I think I got it a bit confused i think but its understandable...

so wait im jus a bit confused what exactley happens when it bounces back more then normal?

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    I see this mentioned in threads and I see that Nolva and maybe letro should be used during cycles and proper pct is important, but what exactly it "estrogen rebound". I did a search and cannot find anything that clarifies exactly what it is and what causes it?

Anyone know more about it?
    Some guys stay on estrogen suppression until the last day of the last injection then they stop all estrogen suppression drugs. Well you might have the highest testosterone levels of your cycle at that time and your anti-estrogen wears off allowing massive amounts of testosterone to convert to massive amounts of estrogen. So you might want to continue your anti-estrogens for 1 full week after last injection then it should be safe to discontinue the anti-estrogens.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Some guys stay on estrogen suppression until the last day of the last injection then they stop all estrogen suppression drugs. Well you might have the highest testosterone levels of your cycle at that time and your anti-estrogen wears off allowing massive amounts of testosterone to convert to massive amounts of estrogen. So you might want to continue your anti-estrogens for 1 full week after last injection then it should be safe to discontinue the anti-estrogens.

I thought you were supposed to keep on the Nolvadex right through PCT at 20mg ED? I understand the idea of this now, but I do not understand why it is recommended to stay on Nolva right through PCT at 20mg Ed...is it the clomid that gets "tapered off" as you go through PCT? I know the Pheednos pct schedule calls for clomid being tapered down...should you taper the Nolva as well?

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    I thought you were supposed to keep on the Nolvadex right through PCT at 20mg ED? I understand the idea of this now, but I do not understand why it is recommended to stay on Nolva right through PCT at 20mg Ed...is it the clomid that gets "tapered off" as you go through PCT? I know the Pheednos pct schedule calls for clomid being tapered down...should you taper the Nolva as well?
    No PCT does not begin at the last injection... it starts 2 to 4 weeks after last injection... Generally you start PCT 2 weeks after last test E or test Cyp injection, or 3.5 to 4.5 weeks after last EQ or Deca injection. You have to delay PCT based on which roid you are doing last the longest. Lets say your last test e and deca injection is today... you continue the nolvadex a week to after last injection because the last injection will still be active... in fact you really dont start PCT until your testosterone crashes at rock bottom when all you are doing is testosterone... with EQ or Deca your testosterone crashes way before the EQ or Deca wears off so this doesnt apply, or else you continue the test e/cyp for a couple weeks AFTER your last deca or EQ injection, then the 2 week rule would apply just fine.

For example guys doing Sust/Deca or Sust/EQ can remain fully dosed and growing up to 3 to 4 weeks after the last injection, because the deposition of substance is still releasing drug from the injection site.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by insanepump621
    so wait im jus a bit confused what exactley happens when it bounces back more then normal?
    yeah it can rebound larger than normal. This is the reason people can get gyno post cycle. Also one of the reasons I always put nolva in my pct.

Thread Information