forsz is offline Associate Member

Anonymous Infection treatment

Thanks to anyone who can help. Does anyone have experience with infection at inject site going away? How can i get ANONYMOUS treatment for what i believe is an abscess? I M in new york city/ long island. Should i try a drug-abuse clinic?
    Here's the situation. I M 40-yr-old on my 1st cycle. Shots were: 11 days ago = Cyp with Prop in L thigh ; 8 days ago = Prop in R thigh ; 5 days ago = Cyp with Prop in L glute ; 2 days ago = Prop in L shoulder. I have broad (therefor not easily visible on the surface... except for the mild redness) , somewhat oblong , fairly large ( it seems large to my touch, but i can really tell cause it's not on surface) hardenned mass in the left glute. It is warm. The pain is significant but definitely less than the exceptional PEAK pain that i've experienced in all these testosterone injections ( i'v read that Prop is very painful.) .. but the pain in all 4 cases peaked at ~ 1.5 days post-injection and then gradually faded. This pain seems to be level for about 1.5 to 2 days so far ( meaning that it's less than it was at peak, but seemingly not fading anymore). My temperature is 99 degrees on the digital thermometer and 99.5 degrees on the mercury-free thermometer. It was ~ .4 degrees higher 30 hours ago. I M not on Clen or anything else that i think would raise my temp.. I don't notice any swelling of lymph nodes. Each time i used a brand-new untouched pin for injection, & i used alcohol on injection site b4 & after . HOWEVER, the pin that i used for drawing i used repeatedly ( 4X ) I never used that pin for injections. . Even tho i used alcohol on the pin and the stopper B4 drawing; i fear i may have infected the vials. No sign (YET ?) of infection in the (most recent) L shoulder injection site. Now i m not the type to neglect myself medically; but i DON'T want to seek med aid unless it's definitely very necessary ( with the laws , the medical records.......). I don't know where to get this type of help anonymously; & my doc ( even tho he's fairly "cool") might not appreciate my absolute refusal to admit anything except that i accidentally sat on a needle ( & THAT will be really bad if i subsequently develop an infection in the shoulder site, or if my testes shrink by the time i finally go to the doc, or if they draw steroid from what may turn out to be a "sterile mass" in my glute. ( Could a "sterile mass" cause the heat or redness ??) Not to mention that steroids are all over the news....... and i've been muscular (albeit naturally) for many years. Anyway, I use an HMO ; and altho my Doc ( it's also possible that i would see another doc or , quite likely, a Physician's assistant) seemingly doesn't ask Qs that he doesn't want answered ; i fear that Qs will be necessary for treatment..... and i am set on being totally unwilling to provide any helpful info. I fear this may irritate him or her...ensuring that " no stone goes unturned" I DON'T want this in my med record. I recall reading in an AS forum that an abscess (IF that's what i have..... it feels much larger and deeper than the fotos i've seen) will "probably" fade away on it's own. (?? For how long should i "wait and see" ?? ?? How rapid would improvent, if there is any, progress). Of course i hope that's correct; but the other non-forum sources i've been reading are far less optimistic. I M even wondering if it could be Cellulitis The word 'cellulitis' literally means inflammation of the cells (not to be confused with cellulite...). It generally indicates an acute spreading infection of the skin (dermis and subcutaneous tissues) resulting in pain, erythema (redness), oedema, and warmth of the affected area. Cellulitis can spread in the skin and involve the lymphatic system causing lymphangitis.
    I know i've cited some info sources; but this info ( on getting Anon treatment and on experience with untreated abscesses) is shockingly sparse on the few msg boards i've tried. I need as much info as i can get on real life cases.
    As much info as u r generous to give on all of these thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanx again

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    wow..that's some crazy shit....hopefully you'll be okay...all i can tell you is that it is normal for some swelling and maybe a little itchiness. you should take some antibiotics to be safe though....prop does cause pain, prop had me limping for a few days my first time..got used to it though..are you allergic to anything? some swelling would be normal for shots..your body temp as of now is around 99? if thats the case, thats pretty normal... you said it was 4 degrees higher 30 hours ago? thats a high temp..but if your okay now..calm down..from what you've written it seems like your imagination is going pretty wild right now...try to get ahold of some antibiotics...shouldnt be hard..look online somewhere...there should be a few sites out there that are willing to help you out. since this is your first cycle..you might just be alittle jolted...nervousness..etc...a couple of guys on here have past out after there shots..but just in case..i hope somebody can give you a better answer..good luck..
    BuMp

by the way..if your injection spot is heated up and red..you probably do have an infection...antibiotics! cause that is what the doctor will probably prescribe..but im no doctor.

oh yea..sorry i keep posting but i keep catching more stuff in your post....change needles everytime for every procedure..its the safest way.

TURBOGREEK is offline Associate Member
    wow bro...that sux. i'm just bumpin to keep this on top so somebody with any knowledge can help you. good luck!

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    bump for the poor guy.

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    last abcess i had i self medicated with anti biotics for 2 weeks
    but i am no doctor so do not take my advice in a life or death situation
    just thought i'd tell you what i did

Recklace is offline Associate Member
    what kind of anti-biotics did you take, I believe I have an infection too and also if i dont do anything will the infection go away? may sound stupid, but im curious :P thanks!
    Last edited by Recklace; 05-14-2005 at 08:54 AM.

Thanx so far , all. My temp was 4/10ths of a degree higher ( the decimal point is too small to see). I was wondering WHAT TYPE of ANTIBIOTICS? , and EXACTLY WHERE CAN I QUICKLY GET REAL ANTIBIOTICS ONLINE?, and WILL THEY HELP WITHOUT ACTUALLY HAVING THE INFECTION PHYSICALLY DRAINED? I guess none of u has been unlucky enuf to actually have 1st hand experience. Of course it will now be 2 pins for each shot. Thanks

LightHammer is offline Junior Member
    Bro i have been thru this before at least 3 times. Relax, your not going to die lol! When it happened to me the first time i thought it was a cellulitus infection and it quite possibly could have been, i went to my doc and told him everything so he prescribed me Augmentin 875 with clavicil potassium (someting like that) Cleared it right up. The second time that it happened i didnt want to go back so i just waited a few days and it eventually went away. The third time that it happend lol, i also waited it out and it did in fact go away. Now i know that my injection procedures are on point and i did not reuse anything, my gear was sterile, but for some reason when i would spot into my delts this would happen. The only thing that my doc could say was that i wasnt getting the pin deep enough into muscle tissue. I use 1 inch 23 g and at times i leave some of the pin out, i guess thats a big mistake but i have a low bf% arround 10 so it doesnt make sense! So i assumed that i was just allergic to the prop in the sus that i was using. Well i switched to enanthate and the same shit happend so from now on i only use 1.5" pinz for jabs everywhere and i havent had anyproblems. Also i did feel like my temp was higher and felt sick, kindof like the flu. If you cant go to a doc just wait it out and get rest, it should go away....if the redness keeps growing even after like 3 or 4 days than i woulld be concerned! One last thing you can do is a glass test for peice of mind .....take a clear drinking glass and roll it over the redness if the redness turns white when u roll it over ur fine, if it stays red than you have to go see a doc! Good luck bro and keep us posted!!!!

Sincere thanx and more Q's Re.: Injection Infection

The peace of mind provided by ur experience is much appreciated, Lighthammer. Your info provides hope that i can at least wait and see for a few more days. I M sorry to be dense, but can u please reassure me 1 more time that , in the 2 cases that cured themselves, u fealt u in fact had an infection and not just a sterile mass ( or something esle?). Also, U said that "if the redness turns white when u roll it over ur fine" . What exactly do u mean by "FINE"???? Articles like the following, from http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-...infections.asp , SCARE me: An abscess is a localized collection of pus in any part of the body, usually caused by an infection. Abscesses occur when an area of tissue becomes infected and the body is able to 'wall off' the infection to keep it from spreading. During this process 'pus' forms, which is an accumulation of fluid, living and dead white blood cells, dead tissue, and bacteria or other foreign invaders or materials. The majority of abscesses are septic (i.e. caused by an infection) but sterile abscesses can also occur which are not caused by germs but by non-living irritants such as drugs. If an injected drug, especially oil based ones such as many anabolic steroids are not fully absorbed, it stays where it was injected and may cause enough irritation to generate a sterile abscess. Sterile abscesses are quite likely to turn into hard, solid lumps as they scar, rather than remaining pockets of pus2. Superficial abscesses are readily visible and are red, swollen, painful and warm. Abscesses in other areas of the body may not be obvious and may produce only generalized symptoms such as fever and discomfort. A sterile abscess may cause only a painful lump, for example deep in the buttock where a shot was given. If the abscess is small (less than 1 cm or less than a half-inch across), applying warm compresses/hot soaks to the area for about 30 minutes 4 times daily can help. A culture or examination of any drainage from the lesion may help identify what organism is causing it. Most will continue to get worse without care. The infection can spread to the tissues under the skin and even into the bloodstream, resulting in septicaemia which can be very serious and life threatening3. Unlike other infections, antibiotics alone will not cure a well developed abscess. In general an abscess must open and drain in order for it to improve. Sometimes draining occurs on its own, but generally it must be cut open by a doctor in a procedure called incision and drainage. Once the sore has drained, the doctor will insert some packing into the remaining cavity to minimize any bleeding and keep it open for a day or two. With time the cavity will heal and one can expect to be out of action for a number of weeks. The healing process will involve scar tissue formation, and this may lead to a residual weakness in that muscle. . I hope U R saying that this article strongly emphasises the negative. I use 23 guage, approx 1.25" (metric size) pinz. pushed to the hilt.
    And now the QUESTION man strikes again lol !! In addition to the Qs i asked above: CAN there exist a hardened lump (that is sore, reddened , and warmer to the touch) that is NOT an abscess (i o w is not infected) ????? I was under the impression that the warmth and color meant infection. WHERE is a good, RELIABLE, online source for WHAT TYPE of antibiotic ( I do note that Lighthammer was helped by the antibiotic Augmentin) to be acquired quickly????? Can Test alone cause a rise in body temp????? Do AS negate the Fx of Antibiotics (i once read that they work against each other to cancel each otherout) ????? Where should i look to for ANONYMOUS medical treatment , if it's necessary ( I M thinking of substance abuse clinics, but they're all closed today) ????? My condition today ( saturday) is: Pain SEEMS be less severe (but that may be the prop pain wearing away) today, yet, at the same time, the pain is MORE noticeable when i lie on my back. . It's still a little bit warm. My temperature is back to 98.6 normal on both thermometers. While there is no specific bump, ( now that i can a get full rear view of my butt in a mirror), i see that the problem side is NOTABLY bigger and rounder than the other side. Redness is still quite mild. When i press down on it (like the glass test) it turns white; and then it quickly returns to reddish when i remove the pressure. Any thoughts?????
    Advance thanx to all helpers, forsz

ANSWERS to Qs ???

Hi all, I posted this msg on Recklace's thread . I still hope to get more answers to these Qs and the ones i asked in the previous post.
    Hi Recklace, It seems we have same problems so i thought i might help. I DO strongly believe u should get SOME kind of med help -- esp. since u have fever (how high, how long?) . I too am exremely reluctant to have this in my Med record. While there IS a Doc-patient privilege , and there R privacy laws (etc) ; there are many circumstances ( can u foresee the next several decades?) where this may be breached either legally or in error. ( Even ur Rx will be a record of SOMETHING). And every level of med employee who sees ur file can know. Finally, few people seem to know that the insurance industry keeps a clearinghouse of medical/accident info ( just like a credit bureau ) called the Medical Information Bureau. This is NOT a joke or conspiracy theory. I read about it years ago in the Wall street journal and i have seen it in fine print on 1 or 2 insurance documents. I M trying to explore ALL reasonable options B4 having this in my Med record. In the FORUMS i've found 4 or 5 cases of members who were helped by a substantial cycle of antibiotics alone... 2 with Amoxycillin (on this thread), 2 with Augmentin, and 1 with Keflex. ( Most web ARTICLES say that antibiotics alone usually WON'T help bec. they can't penetrate a "well-formed" abscess wall. They also claim that if u try to drain it urself, u'll only spread the infection. And that abscesses can shrink and grow again; and that they can form sinus paths to larger abscesses deeper in ur body............and lot's of discouraging things). There R 2 cases where AS users said the problem cleared up with NO treatment. One prob may be determinning what actually is an abscess. I would think that swelling, heat, and redness definitely mean infection....hence abscess. Or Maybe it's just a matter of time for the abscess wall to form and strengthen if ur body doesn't quickly enuf kill the infection. The thing in my glute is much too large & too hard for me to wait n c if it gets worse ( and risking forming a strong abscess wall ?). Even tho it seemed to have stabilized for about 16 hrs; i found some amoxycillin that's a few yrs old and started on it sat nite. I have enuf for 1500Mg x 10 Days. I M fairly sure that Keflex, and possibly Augmentin, R the preferred drugs for SKIN infection, and I M concerned about lowered efficacy of old drug, and my limitted dose for this type of problem, but it's all i have for now. The swollen mass seems to have subsided a little overnight. My optimism is definitely "guarded" - i will keep a close eye on the problem. ???????? CAN ANYONE SUGGEST A GENUINELY GOOD, RELIABLE, QUICK SOURCE for ANTIBIOTICS ON THE WEB?????????????? And I M still hoping that someone can suggest a good place where i can GET MEDICAL TREATMENT ANONYMOUSLY. GL2U and keep us posted.

Recklace is offline Associate Member
    Well, yesterday, 5-14, I started having a fever of 99.8 and today im at around 100.8...Its been bothering me more than a week now but the fever just started coming on. I have a huge ball in my ass and it hurts to walk, but it is not red...I found some Amoxicillin too as well as Cefuroxime but i dont have much left of either, enough for like 4 or 5 days...If my symptoms dont seem to get better im gonna have to tell my doc, but right now if there is a chance for the infection to just go away it would be worth it rather than telling my parents and my doctor I roided...

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    bro... this is your health we are talkin about... i wld play it safe and go see a doctor. i wld think it wld be just between u and him. i wld think it's like any other drug and u will not get in trouble just for having taken it. it's not like u r on the corner dealin.
    u will probably just get a " talking to" from your doc, and some meds to fix u up.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quit being stupid... go get help, get penicillin shot or zpacks and let a doc look at it.... if you have insurance and dont want them to know... find a doctors walk in somewhere and tell them you dont have insurance and just going to pay... its usually $50 to 75 a visit, not really as bad as you might think plus cost of antibiotics. SOmetimes infections DO go away... I had a swolen quad once and aspirated puss but it wasnt painful and did clear up... if pain lingers and something is wrong, get it taken care of.... some bad injection sites turn into gangrene and can result in loss of limb, muscle or life.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by forsz
    Thanx so far , all. My temp was 4/10ths of a degree higher ( the decimal point is too small to see). I was wondering WHAT TYPE of ANTIBIOTICS? , and EXACTLY WHERE CAN I QUICKLY GET REAL ANTIBIOTICS ONLINE?, and WILL THEY HELP WITHOUT ACTUALLY HAVING THE INFECTION PHYSICALLY DRAINED? I guess none of u has been unlucky enuf to actually have 1st hand experience. Of course it will now be 2 pins for each shot. Thanks
    I don't remember where I saw it, but you can do a web search and find it. I saw bulk ciprofloxacin powder ("cipro") in 50g lots. Wasn't expensive, either.

boardhead is offline Associate Member
    GO SEE A DOCTOR!!! they are confidential and WILL HELP YOU!!!!!

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you are plaing with us,you have knowledge in the medical fill.
    That is stupid question,you know the answer,get a Doctor

LightHammer is offline Junior Member
    Forz,

PM me i can help

VERY sorry for delay. I was prohibitted from posting ( or anything else ). I emailed the webmaster 30 hours ago but no resp yet. I finally just realized that , even tho site kept thanking me for logging on, i was NOT actually being logged on. . I seem to have solved prob by using different browser. RECKLACE--- I very much hope U were able to, as i put it in my post "get SOME kind of med help" ( I wrote I DO strongly believe u should get SOME kind of med help -- esp. since u have fever) .PLEASE let us know. AS for me, i am improving on amoxicillin, but i still need to get some more real antibiotic thru web ( or find good way to C a doc anonymously. ???????? ANYBODY KNOW???????? We seem to have confused a few members. They ( and i ) don't seem to really know who they were talking to in this thread. I do think it's unfortunate that some find it necessary to lecture without actually paying attention to the ENTIRE post(s)! What we've written should make it obvious that we R desperately concerned about getting proper treatment-- just under our conditions and particular circumstances. Some do offer good solid advice, but they offer no valid info that would dispel ALL of our concerns bec they didn't realy read the info in the posts. Some give good advice but don't say HOW to do it. A few R worse.
    But luckily there R those who actually read the Qs and genuinely try to answer Specific thanks to The Baron in this regard. ( Hi Baron-- i've seen LOT's of ur posts on various threads and i thank u bec i think u give some of the most responsible and sensible advice.....AND u actually seem to read and answer the Qs that people ask). And LightHammer-- i appreciated ur help B4 and i hope that i can successfully PM U now so that u can help again. Once again , let us know how U R doin, Recklace. THANX to all for now.

LightHammer and Recklace, t know how to unlock so that i can receive. I M not finding solution in FAQs; and the search feature keeps returning error msg. Please help.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    if you have a steroid supplier then you are clever enough to find a mexican border guy to sell you zithromax that will fix any infection in a matter of days... too bad you are in NYC in texas I have gone to a feed store and got animal penicillin in a pre loaded shot and used it once when I was very very sick, and couldnt afford the doctor... worked great...

BRUISER is offline Junior Member
    Hey Reckless, give us an update on your glute, I think I have the same problem. Shot 1ml of Test E on Fri night and still have a large bump and pain in my glute. Did anything help?

soontoberipped is offline Associate Member
    bump

rawdog is offline Associate Member
    i have an infection..not abcess..but it is under skin and i'm taking the antibiotic cephalexcin...other than that foockin suck it up and get some medical attention! don't be a total dipsh!t and let it get any worse!

nyyanks201 is offline Junior Member
    try some penvk 500mg 3-4 times daily for about 7 days...good luck and GET IT CHECKED OUT!

Hi Danbrooks2K, maybe u'll note that i've asked if anyone has any experience with Mexico-based web pharmacies. They offer antibiotics without Rx; but I M not confident i'd get REAL medicine. I M still hoping someone will answer this. The Amox seems to have worked; but I M very wary bec 3 days ago i shot again into that same site for the 1st time since the prob. There seems 2 B a little hardenning ( but NO other symptoms). ANYONE on the Mexico Rx???????

Thread Information