Big Show 23 Guest

An anabolic related question

This is a question to those who have done or are doing a cycle right now.

How do you avoid having those big distended bellies like those the IFBB pros?(like Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman)Because I've been looking through the pics of those of use anabolics in this forum but I see no bloated belly.And another question of mine is

Has your use affected your health in a negative way?Because here in Winnipeg I remember back in my late teen/early adult years that a 20 something Winnipeg male died because of his steroid use .I have 1 other questions but I'm weary to ask it for fear I might get roasted.But answer these 2 questions and I'll be happy

Thank you in advance

P.S. I'm just trying to learn about this other side of bodybuilding since I don't know anyone personally who could educate me,I'm not trying to start anything

murph is offline Member
    growth hormone will cause a bloated appearance to the mid section, but not A.S. ...............that may cause some water weight but not the bloat you speak of in your question.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Actually a few buds of mine have gotten bloat gut from DBol . It did go away though so I don't know.

murph is offline Member
    oh yes i do agree G-child i hold quite a bit of water when on D-bol myself ...but i think he meant when all is done and after the cycle .......you would think Coleman was probably pretty drained of water at the "O" ......but you cant hide the G.H. belly ........i dont mean to rip on Ronny i like him actually(he's a monster)

Big Show 23 Guest

Re: An anabolic related question

Originally posted by Big Show 23
    Has your use affected your health in a negative way?Because here in Winnipeg I remember back in my late teen/early adult years that a 20 something Winnipeg male died because of his steroid use .

Could someone also answer this question,because I'm puzzled I was taught that the use of anabolics is bad for your health but then so many people use them anyway.Is there something I'm missing?

righton is offline Senior Member

Re: Re: An anabolic related question

Could someone also answer this question,because I'm puzzled I was taught that the use of anabolics is bad for your health but then so many people use them anyway.Is there something I'm missing?
    You'll have to refresh my memory, what year did the guy die? I'm originally from the "peg" (FT Rouge) so maybe i read it but don't remember. Any type of supplament takin irresponsibly would be bad for your health, thats why you should do a lot of research (especially reading this board and asking questions) before taking any enhancing OTC or otherwise supplaments!! Takin correctly, AS can do wonders as long as you stick to a workout regime, and with minimal sides.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    The distended belly (gut) is not from AAS use...it's grom GH use (or more acuratly abuse). GH (gowth hormone) effects the entire body's growth...not just muscle bellies but skeletal structure organs etc. The bloated belly happens when the viscera (internal organs) grow. You'll notice that even those big bellies still have striated abs. GH can also lead to a thicker pronpunced jaw line and brow line.

No flame BS23 but if AAS are used reasonably and correctly they are relativly safe. It's all about education. Too many people enter this game with little or NO knowledge and that's when there is trouble. They buy some dbol from a local dealer who says "Take 6 per day" These stupid kids figure "If six will make me big then 12, or better yet 18, will make me bigger!!" This is the same logic as saying "When I drink 6 beer I feel really good, so if I drink 18 beer I will feel 3 times as good!!" It doesn't work that way. Of course there are various side effects and those side effects vary from drug to drug. These are drugs, there are consequences and risks involved, but education will drastically minimalize those risks. There is plenty of research out there to support safe and logical use and most guys on this board have had NO major problems.

Big Show 23 Guest
    Pete235 I didn't take your response as a flame/attack you gave me an educated answer to a sensible question which is what I wanted and expected from this board.Thank you

Another thing I know that most of you follow the IFBB pro curcuit so do you think that these guys are taking unhealthy doses of the various anabolic drugs? and the same question applies to the various wrestlers employed with the WWF

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Another thing I know that most of you follow the IFBB pro curcuit so do you think that these guys are taking unhealthy doses of the various anabolic drugs? and the same question applies to the various wrestlers employed with the WWF
    IFBB Pros....most definately. They push the envelope everyday of every year they compete as a pro. Don't get me wrong, these guys have PHENOMENAL genetics and train like mad (well...most of them) but t he drug use is extreme IMO and in the opinion of most I believe.

WWF Athletes....I think that most are using very reasonable doses and cycles. I would think a few are using GH (Trips, Vince, Hulk) but most are using because of the extremly grueling work schedule they follow. These guys perform 200-250 days per year and are injured 90% of the time. IMO they are some of the most talented and hard working athletes in any professional sport. I feel that ASS help with injuries as well as the rigorous training and performing schedules they have to deal with.

Big Show 23 Guest

Thank you Petey

Thanks for your response Petey

Thread Information