Gizmo is offline Junior Member

Freaking Cellulitis!

Whatrs up bros.
    Yesterday i posted about my sore quad and the redness warmth etc.
    Although yesterday the pain and swelling went down, this morning it flared back up again, so i decided to go to the doctor.
    He was pretty cool about it, told me it looked like cellulitis, and prescribed me some antibiotics.

Now i read that this can have a negative effect on your cycle, does anybody know how bad it will be?
    I'm only in week 1.
    My health is more important ofcourse, but i just wanna know how badly the antibiotics interfere.

Thanks
    Giz

Bumpz!

Giz

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    What antibiotics did u get?

Cephalexin(keflex) 500mg caps 3x a day..

Giz

Are u worried that the actual AB has a negative effect on the cycle or the cellulitis? Do u have a fever etc.. If u r very sick ofcourse that is gonna bother u. But as 4 the AB I dont think it will do a lot of damage... Keflex attacks the cell wall of the bacteria etc... I remember reading bout sum AB's having a lil effect on cycle but cant remember which ones..

I don't have a fever bro, had a little trouble downing as much food as normal because i was kinna nervous about the whole thing.
    The redness seemed to spread really slowly.

Thanks for the reply

Giz

The AB's should kick in and I think most likely everything will go fine.. If u start getting fever and other systemic effects chenk in a hospital / doctor again.. But I think u should be fine... If indeed it is cellulitis that u have it is mostly caused by streptococcus or staphylococcus bacteria and both are susceptible to keflex.. Maybe sum1 can explain more about the possible effect on ur cycle but I really doubt that there are ne major ones. Then again u r only on week 1 so maybe at this time u could take a few weeks off just in case... dunno.. I just got my first cycle totally ****ed coz got pneumonia halfway through.. was sick 4 2 weeks really bad and then additional 2 couldnt do shit.. had to stop and was really starting to get great gains.. Maybe somebody else can help u more...

I think you helped enough bro, not much to add to that i think

Thanks

Thread Information