xderekx is offline Associate Member

Interesting Link Found On MSN.com

news to me...
    i guess my training methods of slow, concentrated movements & lifting while i'm sore are useless? hmmmm...i guess i look the way i do because i've been training improperly interesting
    what's your input on this?

http://articles.health.msn.com/id/100101230

Habanero is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xderekx
    news to me...
    i guess my training methods of slow, concentrated movements & lifting while i'm sore are useless? hmmmm...i guess i look the way i do because i've been training improperly interesting
    what's your input on this?

http://articles.health.msn.com/id/100101230
    I would agree with some of that.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    interesting read...

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    that was interesting but i'm a firm believer that what doesn't work for some does work for others, everyones genetics are different.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    that was interesting but i'm a firm believer that what doesn't work for some does work for others, everyones genetics are different.
    couldnt have said it better.....

ward065 is offline Member
    i disagree with this segment:

If you eat more protein, you'll build more muscle. To a point, sure. But put down the shake for a sec. Protein promotes the muscle-building process, called protein synthesis, "but you don't need exorbitant amounts to do this," says John Ivy, Ph.D., coauthor of Nutrient Timing. If you're working out hard, consuming more than 0.9 to 1.25 grams of protein per pound of body weight is a waste. Excess protein breaks down into amino acids and nitrogen, which are either excreted or converted into carbohydrates and stored.

The real expert says: More important is when you consume protein, and that you have the right balance of carbohydrates with it. Have a postworkout shake of three parts carbohydrates and one part protein. Eat a meal several hours later, and then reverse that ratio in your snack after another few hours, says Ivy. "This will keep protein synthesis going by maintaining high amino acid concentrations in the blood."
    i notice i feel stronger and more powerful when i consume more protein..... and it's not just in my head. i certainly have more energy.

can't say everyone is the same though. but i eat about 2 pounds of chicken, turkey, tuna fish and or lean ham per day

Scrub is offline Member
    That was definitely intersesting. I dont know what it had to do with steroids but it was interesting.

Thread Information