Thread: acne cure

smiler is offline Senior Member

acne cure

i asked my doc for tetracycline for my bacne (back acne) and showed him my back. i said i dont want accutane at least not yet. he put me on tetracycline 500mg 2x per day...that is 1000mg ed. everything i have read says about 250mg ed is what most people are on.anyone have an opinion or on this high of dose? yes my bacne is pretty bad, in fact a kid about 6 or 7 was in the looker room the other day and when i took my shirt off he said "hey what happened to your back"?....kids

xderekx is offline Associate Member
    as far as soap, i suggest washing your back with palmolive dish detergent...benzoyl peroxide soap bars work well also. as far as anything else, sounds like your problem is more internal than anything. stick to what the doc recommends...

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    try tanning, the beds also help clear it up and that dose of tetra. is fine. good luck. my shoulders got f'd last cycle. i am off for over 6 weeks and i am stilll not back to normal

nitro_fusion is offline Associate Member
    i dilute pharmaceutical grade hydrogen peroxide and apply it with a q tip to the bigger hurts, don't leave it on too long tho cos it can give you a chemical burn. it washes right off. if tetracycline doesn't work, try deoxycycline.
    good luck bro

Quote Originally Posted by nitro_fusion
    i dilute pharmaceutical grade hydrogen peroxide and apply it with a q tip to the bigger hurts, don't leave it on too long tho cos it can give you a chemical burn. it washes right off. if tetracycline doesn't work, try deoxycycline.
    good luck bro
    i did the same but didnt dilute mine...wow i dont recommend it

yung-priest is offline Associate Member
    doesnt tetracycline reverse protien? i bn washin wit the proactive soap and usuing rubbin alchohal, kinda workn for me but the alchohal works great 4dryin up

Quote Originally Posted by yung-priest
    doesnt tetracycline reverse protien? i bn washin wit the proactive soap and usuing rubbin alchohal, kinda workn for me but the alchohal works great 4dryin up
    reverse protien? i dont get it. how could that even be possible? never herd of such a thing

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    All I know is I've tried everything in the book, EVERYTHING. Nothing worked. I have some accutane I'm ready to take once I'm off my cycle....

Bertz is offline Associate Member
    www.acne.org i am using his "regime" there... my acne is clearing up and im on cycle

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    All I know is I've tried everything in the book, EVERYTHING. Nothing worked. I have some accutane I'm ready to take once I'm off my cycle....
    let us know how it works, ive heard its real hard on your liver. my doc said blood test every month is mandatory on the stuff. i wonder if its harsher than d-bol, anyone know

Hoover is offline Junior Member
    i had acne on my back, shoulders and chest really bad in high school. i used accutane. the sides were a bitch, but it worked wonders. i hated being on was really depressed but got through it. i had a few friends that stopped taking it cause the sides were too bad. before that i tried other crap but it did not work. now i rarely get any pimples on my back, chest and shoulders, even when on cycle. every now and then i'll get one on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover
    i had acne on my back, shoulders and chest really bad in high school. i used accutane. the sides were a bitch, but it worked wonders. i hated being on was really depressed but got through it. i had a few friends that stopped taking it cause the sides were too bad. before that i tried other crap but it did not work. now i rarely get any pimples on my back, chest and shoulders, even when on cycle. every now and then i'll get one on my face.
    what other sides did you experience? were you on the juice in hs?

Hoover is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    what other sides did you experience? were you on the juice in hs?

I was not on juice in hs when I took accutane. I was always tired when on it, got a few terrible nosebleeds, for like 10-15 minutes it would just gush out, I was very depressed, had to use chap stick every two seconds. I saved all the chap sticks I went through on it. It was amazing. I forgot how many but it was around 30 or so, maybe more. I am now addicted to chap stick. I have to use it all year round. The skin on my hands cracked really badly. I had problems with dry skin on my hands for a few years after taking it. If my hands got wet I would have to load up on lotion. I always had to carry like a pocket size lotion bottle in my pocket. I still get dry skin on my face. Most lotions did not do anything. Now they are okay, but it was a bitch. I just didn't want to be around anyone. I tried to sleep as much as I can. I counted down the days when I was gonna get off it. It was tough being in hs on it. People asking what's with the chap stick, your fingers all cracked. I mean they used to get bad and they would bleed. I had to put band aids on it. I would never think of being on accutane and roids together. The sides sucked but it was worth it. Stuff definitely works wonders. I had friends that took it that had acne problems more on the face and it made the acne on their face much worse. The acne on my back, shoulders and chest got a little bit worse at first, but nothing crazy. I hope this helps.

yungrican9 is offline New Member
    i use proactiv for my face and its better than when i started juice, for my back i just lay in the sun for a half an hour and they just dry up

yungrican9 is offline New Member
    now i have clear skin with muscles, .....booty...no problem

dtr98 is offline Member
    my son was on it for 4 months and had to come off. need blood test every month, got nose bleeds, dry skin, etc, after 4 months doc took him off, it was screwing up his liver values. be careful is self medicating!!!

ok let me add some things. I am 38 yrs old. I know all about soap and alc. peroxide ect. ect. as far as the question goes...tetracycline, how long till you should see results? talk more about sides. whats this about teeth discolor? never heard such a thing. nor have I heard about this reverse protein thing...like I said I'm on 1000mg ed.Would like to hear comments good or bad about this. thnx test cyp/deca /d-bol

fred9 is offline Member
    same here...tried everything ..nothing helped...
    The only thing that helped me was roaccutane...u wont be disappointed...

Quote Originally Posted by fred9
    same here...tried everything ..nothing helped...
    The only thing that helped me was roaccutane...u wont be disappointed...
    did you try tet. 1000mg ed? if so didn't it do anything?

I've taken Tetracycline both on and off cycle. Worked fantastic.

If it wasn't for Tetracycline my back would be a disaster today.

i had mild to sever acne on my face while i was cycling and the doctor gave me accutane only 40 mg daily for 6 mths and just after 2 mths on it not even one spot but i still continued the whole course of accutane i had no bad side effects i just love it its a miracle pill for acne i just had dry skin and dry lips thats it my liver values where fine! now i cycle on and off year round and while i am on course i just take 500 mg tetrecacline and i wash my face 3-4 times daily and just a small spot here and there will pop up!! if you have bad acne do take accutane you will love it!!!1

I'm hating it right now on 20mg. I could only imagine 40mg....lol

40 mg its a low dosage my frieds take 80 mg dialy

Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    Although expensive, the proactive products work very well. I have been using them for about 3 years straight and it helped get rid of all my excitsting acne problems. However if all else fails you need to get off of the juice, see a dermatologist, and ask for acutane. Acutane will get rid of any acrne problems no matter how bad or at least it did for me and a friend. However, be prepared to be sensitive to sunlight and be prepared to have chaped skin especially on your lips.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoover
    I was not on juice in hs when I took accutane. I was always tired when on it, got a few terrible nosebleeds, for like 10-15 minutes it would just gush out, I was very depressed, had to use chap stick every two seconds. I saved all the chap sticks I went through on it. It was amazing. I forgot how many but it was around 30 or so, maybe more. I am now addicted to chap stick. I have to use it all year round. The skin on my hands cracked really badly. I had problems with dry skin on my hands for a few years after taking it. If my hands got wet I would have to load up on lotion. I always had to carry like a pocket size lotion bottle in my pocket. I still get dry skin on my face. Most lotions did not do anything. Now they are okay, but it was a bitch. I just didn't want to be around anyone. I tried to sleep as much as I can. I counted down the days when I was gonna get off it. It was tough being in hs on it. People asking what's with the chap stick, your fingers all cracked. I mean they used to get bad and they would bleed. I had to put band aids on it. I would never think of being on accutane and roids together. The sides sucked but it was worth it. Stuff definitely works wonders. I had friends that took it that had acne problems more on the face and it made the acne on their face much worse. The acne on my back, shoulders and chest got a little bit worse at first, but nothing crazy. I hope this helps.
    after hearing these sides..ide rather live with a few pimples for a couple months..
    Acne is a big side and everyone is different. No one cure.
    ~DV~

Thread Information