crazywesc is offline Junior Member

night sweats from deca?

I'm on 750mg test e and 500mg deca a week I jump started with dbol at 50mg ed for first five weeks. I'm in my seventh week of this cycle. The first five weeks were great, I put on eleven pounds and added fifteen pounds to my bench. Since early in week six I havnt had the energy that I used to and have not gained any weight or strength since, this really sucks. Whats been bothering me is I'm always hot now and sweat for no reason, its awfull at night when I try to sleep I wake up all night soak and wet. This is my first time using deca could this be whats causing it and is there anything I can do help this situation?

smiler is offline Senior Member
    i sweat like crazy on test cyp

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    it's the test makin you sweat. if your in week 7 you should be seeing the gains come not halt.

The most test i have used before this cycle was 500mg wk. and I dont remember having these hot flashs and night sweats this bad. As far as the gains go I didnt think they would stop either. My diet and training hasnt changed since day one. I'm going to try to up my calories this week to give my diet a little change, maybe this will help.

superlats is offline Banned
    dude i sweat like all hell with test. 1 night sleep=3 new shirts...lol

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywesc
    I'm on 750mg test e and 500mg deca a week I jump started with dbol at 50mg ed for first five weeks. I'm in my seventh week of this cycle. The first five weeks were great, I put on eleven pounds and added fifteen pounds to my bench. Since early in week six I havnt had the energy that I used to and have not gained any weight or strength since, this really sucks. Whats been bothering me is I'm always hot now and sweat for no reason, its awfull at night when I try to sleep I wake up all night soak and wet. This is my first time using deca could this be whats causing it and is there anything I can do help this situation?
    The gains slowed because you did the Dbol for the first 5 weeks... so you might still be gaining but the withdrawal of the dbol is taking back it's gains (losses) so you are just standing still. This is where I learned from earlier cycles not to do dbols or drols to kickstart cycles. Once you go off the kickstarter pills... the whole cycle grinds to a hault. The sweats are more likely to be from the 750 mg test e dose then the deca ... but additional weight on you plus the process of continuing to burn off fat causes this easy sweating. Easy sweating at the gym or when active - well not only has summer heat really kicked in good all over the country and especially here in 90 degree with 90% humidity Florida, but also the healthier, more muscular you are the easier you sweat. Take it as a good sign. The night sweats... well sometimes deca and test can cause "natural" increases in thyroid levels and growth hormone levels, these can elevate your sleeping body temperature which should normally actually drop some below the typical 98.6F. Try sleeping with no blanket or comforter, get a fan or air conditioner going good before bed, in worst case scenario, sleep on a beach blanket so when you wake at night drenching wet with sweat, you can change the towel and have a dry place to go back to sleep in. Night sweats also are really bad for back acne... shortly after this happens the back and arms will get peppered with acne like you got chicken pox or something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by crazywesc
    The most test i have used before this cycle was 500mg wk. and I dont remember having these hot flashs and night sweats this bad. As far as the gains go I didnt think they would stop either. My diet and training hasnt changed since day one. I'm going to try to up my calories this week to give my diet a little change, maybe this will help.
    Woah... there could be something... training hasnt changed... well actually its more important to change the routine ON roids then off... you should be constantly trying new ways to do a routine... try machines at gym you normally dont do... try new ways to do free weights differently from before... Also you can switch from low reps and high weights to the reverse from week to week. I find more SETS are a must... by changing rountines constantly... you can encourage all kinds of constant growth when on roids... but also remember what I said before about dbol 's withdrawal... Even if gains dont keep coming on the scale... you can continue making dramatic changes in the mirror and to your appearance... sometimes making dramatic visible changes and muscular grow with no changes on the scale is good because it could mean you are dumping fat as fast as you are gaining muscle! I am sort of in this stage now after having gained up 15 pounds... the scale stopped gaining but my appearance is getting me lots of continuous good comments...

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    that's a good point, use a mirror because the scale can fool you if your burning alot of fat.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Don't confuse the beneficial but temporary gains from your orals or water gains from aromatization of test, with true muscle tissue gains. Water gains are temporary and what you are concerned with is how you LOOK at the end of your cycle, and how long you can keep looking that way. The dbol gives you a nice early strength increase and helps you to hold water which helps keep the joints wetted, but you quickly lose the water that you gained when you cease using the orals. Aromatization of test into estrogen and the resulting bloat are also temporary. Hit the nolva hard or use some letro for a month or so, and watch your weight go down! That's water. You might end up at the same weight that you started the cycle, or only modest weight gains, but be a lot harder and leaner, depending on your diet, training, and genetics. If you are not competing, don't be overly concerned with your weight increase or lack thereof on cycle... watch the visible changes in your physique.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    that's a good point, use a mirror because the scale can fool you if your burning alot of fat.
    Yea the point is, most guys have to burn 10,000 calaries for each pound of real lean solid muscle gained. Too often we jump for joy to see rapid gain of easy pounds of water bloat but this is all 100% lost rapidly at end of cycle. Its also possible to accumulate more fat in a cycle then muscle... but the longer you are on the cycle, towards the end... there becomes a tendancy to loose the water weight and start gaining very real solid muscle. I think on the dbol you got rapid "fake" pounds of water, but now the water is going and you are also beginning the process of adding very real solid pounds of muscle, which mind you your diet takes the maintenance calaries first. So a 5000 calaries a day diet, your body takes the first 3000 for maintenance, 500 is burned due to activity of exercise and metabolism, leaving you about 1500 to grow with. It takes 10,000 calaries to grow a pound of muscle, so there is sure to be a shortfall out of your diet. No fuss... a pound of stored body fat has about 9,000 calaries, so your body will just take from there. See how this works? Gain 1 pound of muscle, loose 1 pound of fat = significant improvement in body fat percentage and appearance.

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    it's the test makin you sweat. if your in week 7 you should be seeing the gains come not halt.
    Not true..
    My gains start around week 6 or 7 from test and deca ..
    Yes i do put on size before but it water,and I dont count water as gain becuse it will go away

Thanks everyone for the great replys. I was feeling real bad about not seeing the pounds go up on the scales but everything makes since about the jumpstarting with dbol because the scale quit going up right after I was finished with the dbol. Its kind of funny that I was told to start looking in the mirror and not the scales because today a guy in the gym that I never spoke to before came up to me and said "man your delts have really blown up lately, there poppin out there now......what are you on? Any supplements?" I just told him whey protein and creatine. He said "well its working keep it up". Between him and you guys have got me in a better frame of mind. I'll just keep changing my routine keep working hard and just deal with the night sweats. Thanks for the help!

Thread Information