Thread: Injection Q

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member

Injection Q

Been doing some research regarding injection sites and techniques. After reading this pdf:

http://www.brcn.edu/skillslab/skills...cularcards.pdf

I ran across a suggested step that I have not used or seen in any self injecting tutorials.

"Create an air lock by pulling air into the syringe until you see a small bubble of air above the medication."

Rationale:

1.The air lock forms a seal and keeps the medication in the muscle.

2.Otherwise, the medication would back flow up –like a geyser -through the needle track and cause subcutaneous irritation/pain.

Has anyone here used this technique? It seems reasonable to me. And I have had juice oozing out from the needle track a few times.I'm just nervous about injecting air, even if it is only a "bubble."

Thanks for any comments.

-=eGGz=-

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    That what I do but I didn't know it was having that effect. I just did it to get all the gear out of the pin

JohnnyB

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    You can do this to purge the last drop out of the rig... I do it with ED shots or small shots where losing .05 or .1cc every shot becomes a significant wastage. Just make sure that the rig is tipped down and the air bubble is against the plunger, so it pushes the last bit of gear out. Only leave enough air in the rig to purge the pin. No sense in shooting escessive air into the muscle. It will be less than .1cc, maybe more like .05cc. Ideally you shoot all the gear out, but not the air, or at least not much of it. It simply displaces the gear that is normally discarded in the pin and ferrule.

Be careful to aspirate properly if you are using this trick. You don't want to accidentally shoot any significant amount of air into a vein. Worst case scenario... stroke or heart attack followed by DEATH. Long odds against this happening, but the payoff sucks.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    You can do this to purge the last drop out of the rig... I do it with ED shots or small shots where losing .05 or .1cc every shot becomes a significant wastage. Just make sure that the rig is tipped down and the air bubble is against the plunger, so it pushes the last bit of gear out. Only leave enough air in the rig to purge the pin. No sense in shooting escessive air into the muscle. It will be less than .1cc, maybe more like .05cc. Ideally you shoot all the gear out, but not the air, or at least not much of it. It simply displaces the gear that is normally discarded in the pin and ferrule.

Be careful to aspirate properly if you are using this trick. You don't want to accidentally shoot any significant amount of air into a vein. Worst case scenario... stroke or heart attack followed by DEATH. Long odds against this happening, but the payoff sucks.
    Thanks for your response. Excellent info IMO.

Thanks to JohnnyB too.

Total respect -=eGGz=-

Thread Information