dragon69 is offline Member

decreased drive?

anyone find that their sex drive pluments towards the end of their test cycle?
    I have heard this before but I wasn't sure if it was due to something they added to their cycle at the time or simply an isolated experience. Is it common? Anyone have that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by dragon69
    I have heard this before but I wasn't sure if it was due to something they added to their cycle at the time or simply an isolated experience. Is it common? Anyone have that happen?
    its not uncommon. Really depends on the individual, length of cycle, AGE and anabolics used.

listing cycle, age and anabolics would make this an easier to evaluate (as to how common or uncommon it is)

36 experienced powerlifter, no cycles thus far
    500mgs test e 10-14 weeks
    winnie 2x 25mg tabs/day last 5 weeks
    PCt after

bump

bump

bump

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member

Common with test only cycles... less common with test with deca or test with EQ, Tren or whatever cycles. Also it worsens if you do multiple cycles with inadequate time off in between or if you just try to stay on for 6 months to year round. I know a personal trainer dude... he says he is on year round and lost his girlfriend because he basically lost his ability to get hard on or have interest in sex a long time ago... If I am not mistaken the guys been on a 3 year continuous 1 gram of testoerone per week cycle. He's burned his sex drive so bad, cant tell the difference between a fat chick and a hot chick anymore... nothing on earth arrouses him anymore.

wonder why adding other things lessens the occurance......
    I'm stricly only somewhere like 10-15 weeks, no more

so with my cycle I mentioned, average how long approx till that happens?

wonder why adding other things lessens the occurance......
    I'm stricly only somewhere like 10-15 weeks, no more
    Not really sure why.. Actually a lot of people are scared of deca because of the two words used together has such as catchy and scarey sound: deca dick. But reality is, sex drive on deca with test is so much fantastically better then it is on test alone. I knew guys that did test only and they tried adding 250 mg deca to the test they had already been accustomed to and they told me the sex drive was a 50 fold increase and the most fantastic thing they ever experienced. The test by itself gave virtually no sex drive by comparison to how much it roars along with deca and test combined!

strange. effect must be the combination of both testosterone /progesterone stimulation simultaneously.

Ok, so since it's a 1st for me and that cycle should be test alone, how long should I go considering I am trying to avoid any sexual problems.....

bump

strange. effect must be the combination of both testosterone/progesterone stimulation simultaneously.
    Unless you are taking progesterone, I think its doubtful you have any progesterone issues. You have to do like over 800 mg of deca , eq or tren before that even becomes a possibility. I dont believe you said you are even doing those substances at all so its a non-issue there.

Ok, so since it's a 1st for me and that cycle should be test alone, how long should I go considering I am trying to avoid any sexual problems.....
    10 weeks is usually adequate... some guys restart next cycle after only 5 weeks after PCT and thats where the problem lies, or else they restart cycle because they dont do PCT correctly and dont get their natural stuff regoing. You should have a fully normalized sex drive and restored testicle size before restarting a cycle, otherwise its as if you never did any offtime.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    10 weeks is usually adequate... some guys restart next cycle after only 5 weeks after PCT and thats where the problem lies, or else they restart cycle because they dont do PCT correctly and dont get their natural stuff regoing. You should have a fully normalized sex drive and restored testicle size before restarting a cycle, otherwise its as if you never did any offtime.

Sounds like great advice bro! I'm a bit older and I like to keep the cycles shorter between 8-10 weeks....seems to make recovery easier on me.

MJ

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Well I'd like to offer up one possibility as to why this might be. Perhaps, once you reach the 10 week mark and beyond, if you're not taking an AI and only using a SERM like Nolvadex , the estrogen build up becomes WAY too high. Think about that for a moment, because although the Nolva is blocking the estrogen receptors to a point, it is just building up in your system. Whereas if you were taking an AI there would most likely be much less conversion to Estrogen. I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of people having this problem deeper into their cycles were using only Nolva and not taking an AI. Just a hypothesis.....

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    Well I'd like to offer up one possibility as to why this might be. Perhaps, once you reach the 10 week mark and beyond, if you're not taking an AI and only using a SERM like Nolvadex, the estrogen build up becomes WAY too high. Think about that for a moment, because although the Nolva is blocking the estrogen receptors to a point, it is just building up in your system. Whereas if you were taking an AI there would most likely be much less conversion to Estrogen. I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of people having this problem deeper into their cycles were using only Nolva and not taking an AI. Just a hypothesis.....
    If cholesterol and triglicerides are a problem, then high estrogen is the cure. This is where SERMS are the way to go, the higher the estrogen, the higher your HDL cholesterol and lower your bad cholesterol will be. Also higher estrogen also lowers blood pressure for those affected. Sometimes when stacking drugs like deca and EQ, we tend to want to "carry over" testosterone 2 to 3 weeks past the deca or EQ mostly so we remain comfortable while waiting for the long lasting deca or EQ to wear off, but this carry over of test is perhaps best done at a low dose, like 150 or 100 mg, this will allow you to wean off your estrogen levels without continuing to make more estrogen but also keeps your androgens ahead of the estrogen for a short time. The most dangerous time for gyno is when your testosterone drops to zero and your estrogens remain sky high, thus female hormones become the dominant sex hormone in your body. I know there has been advice going around recently NOT to piramid steriods , but maybe we should really re-examine the concept of tapering off the ending portion of a cycle. Those who have been on longer cycles (6 months, 1 year) and taper down the last month on testosterone while ending the non-testosterones earlier, find recoveries are significantly easier doing the taperdown method, even if it essentially adds more overall "on" time, and also lower likelihood of having gyno problems during PCT.

sounds reasonable. So no projected problems then huh.....excellent.

Thread Information