Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member

Using Var to get to PCT after prop / tbol cycle ??

OK guys - I'm planning on coming off my prop + tbol cycle in a few weeks & switching to Var only for 4-6 weeks - then going straight into PCT.

My rationale is that in the 4-6 weeks of var only (30-40mg ED) my natrual test levels should start to partially recover, but the var will help prevent any major muscle loss & then when i get to PCT my test levels should hopefully return to normal alot quicker than just going straight from my main (test) cycle into PCT as my natty test production should already be partially restored when I start PCT....?

Any thoughts ?
    Last edited by Duke of Earl; 06-10-2005 at 09:25 AM.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like it would work but I would only do 20mg and maybe add some trib in there at 4grams or so. How was the prop and tbol.

spooledup is offline Banned
    I do this. Works great. Two weeks after your last shot, start the var cycle.

As little as 5mg is shown to suppress you, so a full blown 50mg won't suppress you tooo much worse.

I've used var only and I re-bound very quickly.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't see this as being necessary after a prop/tbol cycle. I think it would be helpful if you were using a long acting ester or deca /tren . Recovery is generally pretty easy after prop for most people. If you do decide to do it get your bloodwork done around week three of the var and let us know how suppressed you were. I would be curious to see the results.

thanks y'all - will give it a try & keep you posted

symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    I've thrown var into the end of my test enthate cycle to take me right into pct. I've done it before with excellant results. On any londer cycle or if your using a substance that takes a while to recover from its a great idea to do. Plus its nice to harden up those gains at the end.

Any thoughts on doses? - it should be enough to help stave off too much muscle loss, but should allow the HPTA to recover a bit - I was thinking 30mg ED?

symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    Last time I did it I ran 25 mgs. So I would think 30 would be good for what your using it for.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    I say 20mg should be more then enough for the reason you are using the var for.

madmaniac is offline Junior Member
    i would also suggest taking it all in the morning. i have ran 5mg AM dbol for a cycle closer a few times and would never think of not doing it. 10-20mg of anavar would probably be equivelent. I would start with 10mg because anavar is a great anticatabolic steroid and i think anymore would hinder your recover, which dont forget is your main goal.

talk to me about Tbol, thats my next muscle med

Logan13 is offline Banned

let us know

Let us know how it is going. I am very interested in this.

forsz is offline Associate Member
    I wish u luck and I M curious about the outcome but, JMHO , i think it's a very bad idea. Almost nobody here advocates tapering down off steroids ( in fact they try to avoid it by doing such things as switching from longer to shorter esters near cycle end so that they can quickly go into PCT with minimal losses) ; yet it seems to me that U would effectively be doing just that. Switching to a low dose of a weak substance ( the anticatabolic properties just aren't that strong either ) means just a slow prolonged slide..........downward. Once again, JMHO. Good luck .

Almost nobody here advocates tapering down off steroids
    well it's not exactly tapering - it's more like switching to another (fixed dose) cycle after your main cycle - also tapering with highly supressive compounds doesn't really help as the doses required to allow recovery are so low they dont really help stop catabolism - whereas hopefully the low dose of var will allow some recovery, but also help prevent a large loss of muscle....

forsz is offline Associate Member
    Well, others say they've done it successfully........so i'll hope along with u.

duke911 is offline Junior Member
    Just wondering how things were going duke. Interested in the tbol/var

Thread Information