ward065 is offline Member

Light swelling after both quad injections

i injected in my quad last sunday and again yesterday. On both occasions, light swelling developed towards the upper part of my quad that lasts for about 36-48 hours. It is just starting to subside now, but it is quite annoying. It happened when i injected also on Sunday, took some time to diminish.

I have been injecting 1ML each of test-e and deca in the side part of my quad, i did this for both times. in both occasions i aspirated well, everything was fine. the are of light swelling on both occasions occured up from the injection area

when i injected in my shoulder, there really was no swelling. again let me emphpasize that it is not a lot, just enough to get me annoyed, oh, and prevent me from doing a leg workout if i had one scheduled

juicyr6 is offline Junior Member
    ok so whats ur question?

Quote Originally Posted by juicyr6
    ok so whats ur question?
    how can i avoid it? i'm definetely injecting properly.

quad is your biggest muscle...when u injecting it, your ripping right through a big amount of muscle...try a smaller gauge needle...what gauge are u using now?

quad is your biggest muscle...when u injecting it, your ripping right through a big amount of muscle...try a smaller gauge needle...what gauge are u using now?
    23g needle, 1 inch.

that's one of the reasons that i chose quads actually, so i make sure to get right into the muscle.

i've been feeling a difference in my other workouts (positive!) but unfortunately it seems that the injected muscle is really limited if i have a workout planned that involves it. for example when i did shoulder, i had to skip it and do just back instead. today i was supposed to train quads, but knew i couldn't. but my workout yesterday was excellent

try 25

try 25
    can try that. i just have been usin' 23g because it can inject a little faster.....although it still takes 'bout 30 seconds, it's over a little faster

Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    can try that. i just have been usin' 23g because it can inject a little faster.....although it still takes 'bout 30 seconds, it's over a little faster
    Don't inject too fast bro... the old school nurse method of ramming in the plunger is the reason we remember our innoculations and booster shots hurt so much

I try and keep my injections at 1 minute per CC... using a 25ga needle helps keep you slow and steady... a pin in your muscle for 1-2 minutes is unpleasant for 1-2 minutes... a rushed injection can hurt for hours or days.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Don't inject too fast bro... the old school nurse method of ramming in the plunger is the reason we remember our innoculations and booster shots hurt so much

I try and keep my injections at 1 minute per CC... using a 25ga needle helps keep you slow and steady... a pin in your muscle for 1-2 minutes is unpleasant for 1-2 minutes... a rushed injection can hurt for hours or days.

Red
    i mean it isn't rushed, it takes 30 seconds to go in, i pull out slowly

is it feasible a smaller needle would cause less leg pain?

Yes and no bro...

smaller pin means poking a smaller hole, but it also means if you push too hard on the plunger you'll cause a much higher pressure coming out of the pin into the tissue which is not always too good.

I guess you have nothing to lose by trying a smaller caliber pin, though my personnal opinion is that if you're getting a bit of swelling and a mild rash you're probably having some sort of mild reaction to the gear.

Red

possibly, although it is noteworthy nothing happened in the shoulder except pain

Thread Information