steroids w/ high affinity for androgen recepotr

Steroids with a high affinity for the androgen receptor (the ones I have tried: dianabol and fina) do not work at all for me.

However, drugs with a low affinity( anadrol ) work well for me.

Did not gain anything on fina or dianabol, but I did well on anadrol. (yes, my diet and training are fine).

What I am wondering is: what other drugs have a low affinity for the androgen receptor. I assume I do well on these particular drugs and that it is not a coincidence.

j martini is offline Member
    The gains you made on anadrol where most likely almost all water

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    winny, halo...

i thought dbol was low as well, but i cant check the frickin' drug profile section right now...IT'S MISSING!

I think dbol is a lot higher

Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    The gains you made on anadrol where most likely almost all water

I think I am a better judge of that....although I know there is a lot of water retention on anadrol

I gained a lot of strength

Relative binding affinity of anabolic -androgenic steroids : comparison of the binding to the androgen receptors in skeletal muscle and in prostate, as well as to sex hormone-binding globulin.

Saartok T, Dahlberg E, Gustafsson JA.

It is unclear whether anabolic steroids act on skeletal muscle via the androgen receptor (AR) in this tissue, or whether there is a separate anabolic receptor. When several anabolic steroids were tested as competitors for the binding of [3H]methyltrienolone (MT; 17 beta-hydroxy-17 alpha-methyl-4,9,11-estratrien-3-one) to the AR in rat and rabbit skeletal muscle and rat prostate, respectively, MT itself was the most efficient competitor. 1 alpha-Methyl-5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (1 alpha-methyl-DHT; mesterolone) bound most avidly to sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) [relative binding affinity (RBA) about 4 times that of DHT]. Some anabolic-androgenic steroids bound strongly to the AR in skeletal muscle and prostate [ RBAs relative to that of MT: MT greater than 19-nortestosterone ( NorT ; nandrolone ) greater than methenolone (17 beta-hydroxy-1-methyl-5 alpha-androst-1-en-3-one) greater than testosterone (T) greater than 1 alpha-methyl-DHT]. In other cases, AR binding was weak (RBA values less than 0.05): stanozolol (17 alpha-methyl-5 alpha- androstano [3,2-c]pyrazol-17 beta-ol), methanedienone (17 beta-hydroxy-17 alpha-methyl-1,4-androstadien-3-one), and fluoxymesterolone (9 alpha-fluoro-11 beta-hydroxy-17 alpha-methyl-T). Other compounds had RBAs too low to be determined (e.g. oxymetholone (17 beta-hydroxy-2-hydroxymethylene-17 alpha-methyl-5 alpha-androstan-3-one) and ethylestrenol (17 alpha-ethyl-4- estren -17 beta-ol). The competition pattern was similar in muscle and prostate, except for a higher RBA of DHT in the prostate. The low RBA of DHT in muscle was probably due to the previously reported rapid reduction of its 3-keto function to metabolites, which did not bind to the AR [5 alpha-androstane-3 alpha, 17 beta-diol and its 3 beta-isomer (3 alpha- and 3 beta-adiol, respectively)]. Some anabolic-androgenic steroids (only a few synthetic) bound to SHBG (1 alpha-methyl-DHT much greater than DHT greater than T greater than 3 beta-adiol greater than 3 alpha-adiol = 17 alpha-methyl-T greater than methenolone greater than methanedienone greater than stanozolol ). The ratio of the RBA in rat muscle to that in the prostate (an estimate of the myotrophic potency of the compounds) was close to unity, varying only between about 0.4 and 1.7 in most cases.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS

thanks...that helps

j martini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    I think I am a better judge of that....although I know there is a lot of water retention on anadrol

I gained a lot of strength
    Well most likely your anadrol usage was,
    1. A short cycle most likely 4 weeks - It is impossible to build a significant amount of muscle in just 4 weeks.
    2. You say your strength increased which makes me believe that it was most certainly water. Water retention lubricates the joints, increases body weight quickly you will be stronger at a heavier body weight. Any strength increases that are contributed to muscle gain come slowly and take time as building muscle is a slow process.

Thread Information