bigtimerjp is offline New Member

injection question

is it ok to take a shot in the glutes with a one inch pin?

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    If your bf% is low enough yes but in needs to go almost all the way in which can be dangerous.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    1 1/2 wld b ideal... but yeah if u don't have a fat ass u cld probably get away with 1 inch... wld get some 1 1/2 pins though... or shoot glutes with the 1 inch

nolaboy43 is offline Junior Member
    make sure ur bf% is less than I'd say 10 %. I use 22 gauge, 1 inch is my glute. never had a problem

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtimerjp
    is it ok to take a shot in the glutes with a one inch pin?
    If you only have one inch pins, do your quads. Low body fat, etc, is a true, but like Chef said, you are going to have to put it all the way in, which creates a real risk.

Do you quads. Easy to see, easy to do and you got the right pins.

forsz is offline Associate Member
    Amen to 1" in the quads. I M confused about what u bros r saying about it being dangerous to go all the way in. My past reading always said u should push in " to the hilt" when injecting. ?????

Quote Originally Posted by forsz
    Amen to 1" in the quads. I M confused about what u bros r saying about it being dangerous to go all the way in. My past reading always said u should push in " to the hilt" when injecting. ?????
    You want to leave a bit of the pin sticking out in case the tip breaks off. If you don't there is nothing to grab to pull it back out and a small problem becomes a surgical procedure.

It has happened to me with a delt shot and getting the needle out was PAINFUL. (Don't buy Russian pins!)

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    Go with the 1" but go deep.

sasquatch is offline Associate Member
    1" is way too short for my glutes. I need 1.5. 1" is useful everywhere else though. But like the above post said, if you got low BF% you can use 1" on glutes just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoPR
    Go with the 1" but go deep.
    This is like saying, "give her ten inches" and you have a six inch dick.

znak . that makes sense, thanx. I wonder tho........wouldn't u then b more likely to have small movement ( in and out) with the pin while shooting-- thereby causing more potential problems ( i don't recall the articles giving a reason WHY u should go to the hilt ) thanx

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Why do you even HAVE 1" pins? Why not just buy 1-1/2"? That covers everything. I would order the right pins, right away. Use up the short pins on quads and delts and pecs and then just buy one length... the RIGHT one.

bump

Is there any danger ( other than possibility of breaking off) of going too deep? I of course know it depends on the shot site. What abuot hitting vital organs or even ligaments/tendons? I M decently muscular....def not swol...and i look at my delts whenever i push the 1.5" all the way in and have a hard time believing that the muscle goes that deep. Even in my quads ( i have a large "sweep" ) i def have to follow advice that i've read to go very slowly bec i sometimes DO hit something that can make me jump.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    For most of us, shooting delts with a 1-1/2" pin, we would leave a half inch of pin exposed. There is no rule that says you must stick the whole thing in. If you have delts like volleyballs, then by all means, stick the whole thing in. If I stick a 1-1/2" pin balls-deep in my delts, I would be perilously close to scratching bone, I think.

The real danger with sticking ALL the way in is the face of the ferrule can push skin debris into the injection hole. It would be VERY unusual for a pin to break off or separate from the ferrule. Modern manufacturing techniques, quality control, and materials pretty much eliminate that particular hazard. The valid reasons to not stick it in all the way are hygienic only. Most pins made today can be bent in a complete circle and not break. Try it!

Now THAT's an answer. THANX

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    how far should should the pic go for a delt and quad?? 1inch or less?? im bout 215lbs and 15bf

Thread Information