fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member

Steroids and your Heart

why dont steroids help your heart? i always have heard people say tha biggest/strongest muslce in your body is your heart, does it make it harder to do cardiovascular activities when on steroids also?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Lifting heavy in general will cause the left ventricle to enlarge, so I don't think it's the steroids as much as lifting

JohnnyB

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    hmm.. i dont second that... Heart muscle enlarging too much isnt a good thing (u´p to a certain point it is ok - athletes heart). I had this explained by my professor but cant member it that well.. and feel too lazy to check it right now. For example people with prolonged hypertension have usually enlarged and strong heart muscle, then after some point where the heart starts dilating and the muscle actually gets smaller and weaker its only the inside that gets dialated. Then the whole electrical conductance of the heart can get messed up if the heart muscle gets too big. I.E beacuse of the prolonged time the electrical current travels around the heart muscle etc... Athletes commonly have nelarged hearts but unlike ppl with hypertension the athletes heart reverses this process when the athlete stops doping sports etc... Some1 please correct and add to this if they remember, I'm too tired to do ne research now..

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    hmm.. i dont second that... Heart muscle enlarging too much isnt a good thing (u´p to a certain point it is ok - athletes heart). I had this explained by my professor but cant member it that well.. and feel too lazy to check it right now. For example people with prolonged hypertension have usually enlarged and strong heart muscle, then after some point where the heart starts dilating and the muscle actually gets smaller and weaker its only the inside that gets dialated. Then the whole electrical conductance of the heart can get messed up if the heart muscle gets too big. I.E beacuse of the prolonged time the electrical current travels around the heart muscle etc... Athletes commonly have nelarged hearts but unlike ppl with hypertension the athletes heart reverses this process when the athlete stops doping sports etc... Some1 please correct and add to this if they remember, I'm too tired to do ne research now..
    thats about right. steroids will cause hypertrophy to your heart just like any muscle(since your heart is constantly in motion thanks to the autonomic CNS which means it is always at work,) an enlarged heart is a not something you want, bigger does not mean better, not in the world of cardiac/circulatory system

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Yes your heart has androgenic receptors to, after all it is a muscle.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    steroids do enlarge the heart, which is why cardio and a goo ddiet should always be in order with hormone treatment

"Then the whole electrical conductance of the heart can get messed up if the heart muscle gets too big. I.E beacuse of the prolonged time the electrical current travels around the heart muscle" quote stupidhippo. this is why people end up with pacemakers, to correct the electrical misfiring and keep the heart in normal rythm, it is a little more complicated than that, but that is the best i can do off the top of my head

newswole is offline New Member
    I'VE READ SEVERAL ARTICLES ON THE EFFECTS OF STERIODS ON THE HEART. I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYWHERE THAT IS SAYS FOR SURE THAT STERIODS ENLARGE THE HEART. OBVIUOSLY, EXERSIZE IN GENERAL ENLARGES THE HEART ( ATHLETES HEART ), BUT I'M VERY CONCERNED IF STERIODS ADD EVEN MORE SIZE. I HAD A FRIEND THAT DROP DEAD AT 28 FROM AN ENLARGED HEART. SO NOW I'M SKETCHED OUT ABOUT FINISHING MY CYCLE. I'M ON MY 2cd WEEK OF QV DECA 300MG AND QV TEST E 500MG EVRY WEEK. SHOULD I BE THIS CONCERNED, I DON'T WANT DROP DEAD LIKE MY BRO!

Quote Originally Posted by newswole
    I'VE READ SEVERAL ARTICLES ON THE EFFECTS OF STERIODS ON THE HEART. I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYWHERE THAT IS SAYS FOR SURE THAT STERIODS ENLARGE THE HEART. OBVIUOSLY, EXERSIZE IN GENERAL ENLARGES THE HEART ( ATHLETES HEART ), BUT I'M VERY CONCERNED IF STERIODS ADD EVEN MORE SIZE. I HAD A FRIEND THAT DROP DEAD AT 28 FROM AN ENLARGED HEART. SO NOW I'M SKETCHED OUT ABOUT FINISHING MY CYCLE. I'M ON MY 2cd WEEK OF QV DECA 300MG AND QV TEST E 500MG EVRY WEEK. SHOULD I BE THIS CONCERNED, I DON'T WANT DROP DEAD LIKE MY BRO!
    how the hell does anyone know what will happen to them? no crystal ball here to tell the future.no guarantees. i doubt you will drop dead from one cycle, make sure you cylcle correct and research al possible sides. i am sure you knew when you started to take gear there were side effects, it is part of the game, the trick is to minimize any long term problems by doing it rt and not stupidly, and even then there is no guarantee's. you are given your own genetic "hand" like a card game and thats the hand your stuck with. so you make due with what you have and play, and sometimes if you play unwise you can lose.quite grim but quite true.

Joey2ness is offline Member
    All this heart info is scaring me
    Im wondering which hype are safer for use of the bunch.
    i wanna try primo and winstrol but is it easier on the the heart compared to other hypes

P.S. i didnt use the word steroids or juice because the Media Circus has given it a bad meaning
    Last edited by Joey2ness; 06-13-2005 at 05:19 PM.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey2ness
    i wanna try primo and winstrol but is it easier on the the heart compared to other hypes

P.S. i didnt use the word steroids or juice because the Media Circus has given it a bad meaning

hey bro you should check out our arcade section sometime..
    seriously go beat my records i dont like them listed next to my name when i post.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    other muscles shrink when not lifting for long periods of time is this true with the heart?

nyyanks201 is offline Junior Member
    the heart muscle is a smooth muscle...meaning it is not controlled voluntarily as are your skeletal muscles that are used in working out.

chris2wire is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey2ness

I agree. I hate reading these threads.

But its the price of juicing.

I figure doing low test is mildly safe... mildly.... For short amounts of time. Id never ever do a massive cycle of 800mg test, deca , tren and whatever else ppl throw in all at once for 15 weeks.

the heat is not a smooth muscle.. it is striated like skeletal muscle.... but it has properties that r close to smooth muxle... or what ever .... .but anyway : My point: the heart is not classified as smooth muscle.. man I hate PCT... Im now below the weight that i Started with b4 my first cycle.. , but Its my own falut that I got sick.. its still depressing though... Soon hippo will strart getting big again - cool...... If I m sounding confusing..... sorry... man Its rough I tells ya. - : LArry Burns...

Peace,,,

Oh yeah and if any1 is conserned about dropping dead bcoz of steroids .. dont be really, that wasnt my point at all... IMO I havent seen any facts that that steorids r bad 4 ur heart, - directly that is anyway... Neway... one cycle of winstroll wont kill u no matter what unless u have sum medical conditions Im not aware of... Its more the indirect effects that would worry me .. thats why bloodwork is important....

Thread Information