Tinytestes is offline New Member

Hookers Cytomel Profile.

I was wondering if anyone else agrees with hookers findings that Cytomel is safe to take for extended periods of time? Could the horror stories we hear about Cytomel just be scare tactic bullsh*t? Also, ever hear of anyone gaining size/strength while on a cutting cycle?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    First research T3 yourself... Learn from the profile and take it a step further as you should not believe the first thing you read. Next after compiling the data you have researched, post it with the reference and resources. Clinical studies and medical journals can also be a bit biased, depending on why the study was performed. Once you start posting that stuff up... That is what will make you the big boy on campus or AR.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    First research T3 yourself... Learn from the profile and take it a step further as you should not believe the first thing you read. Next after compiling the data you have researched, post it with the reference and resources. Clinical studies and medical journals can also be a bit biased, depending on why the study was performed. Once you start posting that stuff up... That is what will make you the big boy on campus or AR.
    LOL! Keepin' it gangsta!!

Here's a study showing long term administration of thyroid hormone, and a quick recovery of normal thyroid function quickly after going off thyroid meds:

N Engl J Med. 1975 Oct 2;293(14):681-4.
    Recovery of pituitary thyrotropic function after withdrawal of prolonged thyroid-suppression therapy.

Vagenakis AG, Braverman LE, Azizi F, Portinay GI, Ingbar SH.

The pattern of thyrotropin secretion was analyzed in seven euthyroid women, before and after withdrawal of long-term thyroid hormone, by serial measurements of thyroid 131l uptake, serum thyroxine, tri-iodothyronine, and thyrotropin concentrations, and the response to thyrotropin-releasing hormone. During exogenous hormone administration, 131l uptake was suppressed, and serum thyrotropin concentrations before and after administration of thyrotropin-releasing hormone were undetectable. After withdrawal of exogenous hormone, thyrotropin secretory function was transiently impaired, as indicated by undetectable basal thyrotropin concentrations together with absence of response to thyrotropin-releasing hormone, and subsequently by normal values of basal thyrotropin concentration and normal responses to releasing hormone while serum thyroxine and tri-iodothyronine concentrations were subnormal. Decreased thyrotropin reserve persisted for two to five weeks. Detectable values of serum thyrotropin (less than 1.2 muU per milliliter) and a normal 131l uptake usually occurred concurrently in two to three weeks. Serum thyroxine concentration returned to normal at least four weeks after hormone withdrawal.

Just for JDFlex

Quote Originally Posted by JdFlex
    LOL! Keepin' it gangsta!!
    By the way, that question you asked about deca ...I'm correct, and the mods from that other board are wrong (no surprise, right?)

You can read the full study if you want here:

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/full/281/1/93

Which confirms the validity of my claims....

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    dood, i don't think it's really scare tactic BS, with the complexity of the human body, i think anything is possible...ive heard from others that it's safe/okay, but as mentioned, if you're that concerned, dont rely on others to do the research for you, the knowledge is out there, Hook's just kick-ass at finding it!

it's easy to retain muscle mass while shredding fat, possibly adding a few lean pounds as well, but that's gonna depend much more on your diet than anything else...

AM

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    By the way, that question you asked about deca ...I'm correct, and the mods from that other board are wrong (no surprise, right?)

You can read the full study if you want here:

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/full/281/1/93

Which confirms the validity of my claims....
    You certainly keep your ear to the ground eh Hooker. Thanks for the study. I'll read it when I have more time. I skimmed through it briefly and this statement caught my eye

"the injection site and volume influence the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of nandrolone esters in an oil vehicle in men"

I'm not sure what pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics means, but I'm looking for the reason a glute injection would yield greater plasma levels than a delt injection. Like I said, I'll thoroughly read it when I have more time. Thanks again.

You certainly keep your ear to the ground eh Hooker.
    No problem....come here when you want the best info...go there when you want....err....I don't know....second rate info, I guess....from these guys:

I'm looking for the reason a glute injection would yield greater plasma levels than a delt injection.
    I can't give you a reason, as that would be purely speculative on my part...

But I can tell you that the dude who replied to you saying injection site wouldn't matter in that respect is totally wrong.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not sure what pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics means

pharmacokinetics is the ENTIRE process that a drug goes through in your body, i.e. it's absorbtion, distribution, metabolization, and the excretion from the body.

pharmacodynamics is the STUDY of the effect of any drug on living organisms.

Tinytestes is offline New Member
    I infer that noone really knows the answer. So I suppose if I take cytomel for 12 weeks straight and it fries my thyroid I guess I'll know that it was a bad idea. And if it doesn't I guess I'll know otherwise. *hooker* Did that study say why those women were taking a thyroid replacement? I can't imagine that it was just an academic study considering the possible negative outcome. I feel like there are too many unkowns to that excerpt to take that as definitive proof.
    Last edited by Tinytestes; 06-15-2005 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spelled a word wrong

Thread Information