Thread: tetracycline

smiler is offline Senior Member

tetracycline

i take 1000mg ed (1 500 mg cap 2x ed) been on it over a week. have not noticed any difference in my severe acne. how long until i see results. can i up the dose? should i?

sasquatch is offline Associate Member
    If tetracycline will work at all, results should be seen in about a week. Antibiotics are usually pretty fast acting. If you never see results with it, I would consult your dermatologist.

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch
    If tetracycline will work at all, results should be seen in about a week. Antibiotics are usually pretty fast acting. If you never see results with it, I would consult your dermatologist.
    ok but by results do you mean no more new zits or all healing noticably?

anyone take more than 1000mg ed?

nitro_fusion is offline Associate Member
    Hey i could tell improvements after like 2 weeks, but I found taking deoxycycline more useful. It wouldn't heal sores but it prevents a new break out from hitting bad.

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys,

Tetracycline...I'm doing the same dose, 500mg/bid, ed for the past month, and it's held my severe outbreak at bay...but NO BETTER. I've tried almost everything but Accutaine. EVERYTHING. I hope Accutaine works for me.

Indymuscleguy

Hollywood Harv is offline Junior Member
    Tetracycline is actaully pretty mild...maybe you wanna try a benzomyocin (sp?) cream or a product called Steivamyacin...its a topical with an antibiotic (erythromyocin) and a Vit A analogue...similar to what accutane is made of but less potent. Last line would probaly be Accutane.

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Clinically, you may take tcn up to 4 times a day (2 gram/day max).

Quote Originally Posted by Indymuscleguy
    Hey guys,

Tetracycline...I'm doing the same dose, 500mg/bid, ed for the past month, and it's held my severe outbreak at bay...but NO BETTER. I've tried almost everything but Accutaine. EVERYTHING. I hope Accutaine works for me.

Indymuscleguy
    Accutane works for almost everyone, as long as you follow the Doc's dosage and do the full course (16 weeks). I did it and it knocked my acne out completely. But there are some nasty side effects too. And it's expensive.

Accutane works for almost everyone, as long as you follow the Doc's dosage and do the full course (16 weeks). I did it and it knocked my acne out completely. But there are some nasty side effects too. And it's expensive.
    i know you have to get frequent blood tests and its hard on the liver but what sides did you have?

Hollywood Harv is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    i know you have to get frequent blood tests and its hard on the liver but what sides did you have?
    real dry skin and chapped lips

I never got blood tests, and I never heard Accutane was hard on the liver. My dermatologist never did any blood or liver tests. SIde effects were as what is mentioned above: dry itchy skin, chapped lips, peeling skin, skin becomes very sensitive to sunlight. Possible headaches and nausea.

...and, if you're a chick, don't get knocked up while on Accutane, because your baby will look like Quasimoto.

I never got blood tests, and I never heard Accutane was hard on the liver. My dermatologist never did any blood or liver tests. SIde effects were as what is mentioned above: dry itchy skin, chapped lips, peeling skin, skin becomes very sensitive to sunlight. Possible headaches and nausea.

...and, if you're a chick, don't get knocked up while on Accutane, because your baby will look like Quasimoto.
    when i talked to my doc about this he said blood test is mandotory every month, yes to check liver values, it is very, very hard on your liver

when i talked to my doc about this he said blood test is mandotory every month, yes to check liver values, it is very, very hard on your liver
    Hmm, when I took my course of accutane, it was the early 90's. Maybe they didnt know at the time it was hard on the liver.
    Or maybe my Dr. just didnt care.

Hmm, when I took my course of accutane, it was the early 90's. Maybe they didnt know at the time it was hard on the liver.
    Or maybe my Dr. just didnt care.
    i typed it on google and the 1st 15 things that came up were for lawsuits and lawers looking for people who took this and had probs. i would like to try it but i am already pretty tough on my liver...if you catch my drift lol

Quote Originally Posted by flexin-rph
    Clinically, you may take tcn up to 4 times a day (2 gram/day max).
    4 xs ped day is crazy due to the fact you shouldnt eat 2hrs b4 and 1 hr after... i would never eat. can you take 2 twice per day? (4 totall)

Magnum II is offline Associate Member
    Tetracycline, as someone said earlier, is a mild anti-biotic. I get good rersults with it when on cycle but never complete elimination of zits.

Anyway, I'd say 1000 mg ED is a good dosage--I would just ask for the 250 mg caps and take them four times per day. I feel that you get better results by spreading the dosage out over the course of the day.

Good luck bud.

Rabduce is offline Associate Member
    try taking septra!

Rabduce is offline Associate Member
    ur dermatologist will know what it is. Works really well

nitro_fusion is offline Associate Member
    Take high dosages of DRY vitamin A and E for a couple weeks that helped me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro_fusion
    Take high dosages of DRY vitamin A and E for a couple weeks that helped me a lot.
    "dry"???

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    also high intake of vitamin b-5 will help...look it up

Thread Information