Thread: HRT=No Kids??

jaffry20 is offline Member

HRT=No Kids??

For all you on HRT does that have anything do with your sperm? Can you still have children?

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i would imagine being on hrt you would have testicular atrophy causing the chances of having a child to decrease but has been known to be proven wrong on several occasions. if you are going to be on hrt the rest of your life i would imagine your body would stop producing its own natural testosterone and not be able to regain normal function if you stopped for some reason. if you are getting at having a family i would not want to be on cycle when i was trying to make a little money pit. but then again i have no real world expierence with hrt or pregnancy that i know of anyways.

Gills is offline Associate Member
    I ready a study that was done on chinese men, where each were given 500 mg every 2 weeks of test U 98% were sterile at week 9 and those give 1000 mg every two weeks 100% were sterile at week 9

Quote Originally Posted by Gills
    I ready a study that was done on chinese men, where each were given 500 mg every 2 weeks of test U 98% were sterile at week 9 and those give 1000 mg every two weeks 100% were sterile at week 9
    that's crazy. how they became sterile that fast. i wonder how long it takes at 750 a week like a lot of members are taking. that would explain why my stupid ass doesn't have a kid yet.

Really, did not know this. So really making sure your natural tests and body recovers well after a cycle is very important if you haven't or plan on having children ion the future. Something young people in their early twenties(such as I) and all those who havent had any kids and plan on it in the future. Definetly never thought about my future with a family before I jumped the wagon into the AS world. I go by the rule time on=time off but I see lots who don't, which is fine if they get checked. I still get blood work done and get checked all the time. Now knowing that being on HRT causes you to be sterile Im gonna watch this shit extra carefull and lay off the sauce for awhile, even though i've only done one cycle, still kinda freaks me out especially if I couldn't haeva kids.

Quote Originally Posted by jaffry20
    Really, did not know this. So really making sure your natural tests and body recovers well after a cycle is very important if you haven't or plan on having children ion the future. Something young people in their early twenties(such as I) and all those who havent had any kids and plan on it in the future. Definetly never thought about my future with a family before I jumped the wagon into the AS world. I go by the rule time on=time off but I see lots who don't, which is fine if they get checked. I still get blood work done and get checked all the time. Now knowing that being on HRT causes you to be sterile Im gonna watch this shit extra carefull and lay off the sauce for awhile, even though i've only done one cycle, still kinda freaks me out especially if I couldn't haeva kids.
    i ususally only take about 8 weeks off in between cycles. and am on for anywhere between 12-24 weeks. currently i'm taking a 9 month break to let my body fully recover and so i don't have to do ed injects for a few months. with one cycle only i don't think you have much to worry about as far as being sterile. i think by his numbers of being sterile he meant was not capable of producing a child at that time, but could later regain the ability to have a child.

Interficium is offline Junior Member
    A HCG and HMG adminstration during HRT is said to restart spermatogenesis. In some cases HCG at 500IU EOD is enough.

CajunMuscle is offline Associate Member
    HRT, taken in the normal dosage (100mg a week) only brings your t levels within the normal range resulting in no lose of fertility. Its a huge misconcpetion that being on test results in your body's inability to to produce sperm due to high levels of test. The concern comes in when you take higher then normal amounts of test (most cycles*not hrt).

crazed98 is offline Associate Member
    Holy sh*t! Can a vet or a doc chime in here? I am on HRT, and this is freakin me out! I want kids!!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I'm on HRT, the Doc asked if I still wanted kids, I said no. Then I asked why he asked, he said if I did he would put me on clomid.

JohnnyB

Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    With my condition my chances of having kids one day is about 75% and thats with whatever meds they will put me on.

I remember him talking about a patch they could give me if i ever wanted kids? maybe i'll bring it up next time i see him .

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Clomid is used at a fertility drug

JohnnyB

Unoid is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gills
    What was this study? got a link for me? I'd like to know for personal reason that require lots of worrying :P

For all you on HRT does that have anything do with your sperm? Can you still have children?
    YES....

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    it toke me 8 whole months before my sperm count/fertility fully recovered and this was with the use of hcg and clomid. and now i'm gonna be a father in about 12 weeks :-)

-rodge

righton is offline Senior Member
    NO clinical studies show complete permanant shutdown associated with long term AS use!

Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    it toke me 8 whole months before my sperm count/fertility fully recovered and this was with the use of hcg and clomid. and now i'm gonna be a father in about 12 weeks :-)

-rodge
    congrats bro, good to hear. are you on HRT?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    it will make your chances harder but it is possible

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    congrats bro, good to hear. are you on HRT?
    no but since she is pregnant i'm on year round.

-rodge

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Dude, has no one really read the study's in which small doses (100 -200mg per week) result in MALE CONTRACEPTIVE? This has been studied for some time, it's more effective than the pill or condom. In the studies I have read, ALL PEOPLE reverted to normal production without ANY pct within a short time. Oh, and as far as I know, none of the people became psychotic and killed anyone. lol. That's kind of a dig on a post that someone put up here earlier today...

Thread Information