Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: into a vein

smiler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    If someone did shoot it all in there and died, do you think they would be posting on this board? Im not sure why you keep pushing this. You want to take the chance, go ahead. IMHO, everyone should aspirate.
    oh my god...r u kidding? who said somedid it and died? r u reading? it is just a question. you can be sure i am not "pusing this" at least not for opinions like this. imo we should all aspirate as well, again you must not be reading. you have never forgot? you didnt read needbigguns reaply? i also said "for future reference" should i or anyone else forget in the future. now lets see you also ask if someone died do i think they would be posting on this board....frkn brilliant dude.

Quote Originally Posted by scav
    You tell me, I just try to make a connection on the running risk of not doing it.
    hmmm, i guess if i knew i probably would never have started the post

scav is offline Junior Member
    I dont hold it against you. The question at hand did use to bother me too, wanting to find out if I would die.,

Quote Originally Posted by scav
    I dont hold it against you. The question at hand did use to bother me too, wanting to find out if I would die.,
    you see its not so much would i die as simply what happens. as many users that there are you would think this question would have a definate answer. has anyone heard of any blasting half a g of test into a vein?

forsz is offline Associate Member
    Thanx alot, BritishTiger. I always have been an absolute believer in the need to aspirate , so i m sorry if i was unclear about that. I WAS asking about the arteries and i very much appreciate ur taking the time to answer. I M still wondering, tho........ exactly how tuf ARE the arteries. R U saying they would resist piercing by a needle pushed firmly?? And what about arteries around other injection sites??
    Last edited by forsz; 06-25-2005 at 10:03 PM.

forsz is offline Associate Member
    Smiler , i value this line of questioning. Nothing wrong with "what if " Qs. Certain members can B annoying when they obstruct the exchange of info bec they answer without reading and acknowledging ALL that is written. I think that once it's absolutely clear that u SHOULD ALWAYS aspirate , they should answer the Q ( and several DID , thank u) . Of course i would never intentially fail to aspirate. But only a fool would deny that there is at least a tiny risk of forgetting, tho. I want to know if i should b spending that emergency time dialing 911. And if the gear isn't fatal, i certainly don't want to die from fear.

donmega is offline Associate Member
    Ok I did a search and not finding it so Ill just be mr.dumass and ask
    What does aspirate mean, sounds mighty important.

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    aspirate means - when you stick the needle in ready to inject, before you do actually inject, you pull the plunger back a few mm until you see little bubbles get drawn into the syringe. This is NORMAL, and GOOD. If you pull it back and you see blood at all come in, pull the pin out, change pin, and inject somewhere else and do the same. Dont worry about the air bubbles, they wont harm you if they get injected back in. It takes over a full syringe of air to harm you when injecting into the muscle.

oh btw - I doubt you did a proper search cos aspirating is all over the palce!!!

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    in my 25 years on this rock, my doctor has never aspirated with an IM injection.

yeah ive never known a doc to aspirate . But then ive only had cortisone injections so that may well be different.

hairylongfella is offline New Member
    I hit a vein a few weeks ago running sus and deca . I aspirated and never got blood back. I dont think you will as long as you go all the way through the vein. I sure got a squirter, all over the bathroom floor.

donmega is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    aspirate means - when you stick the needle in ready to inject, before you do actually inject, you pull the plunger back a few mm until you see little bubbles get drawn into the syringe. This is NORMAL, and GOOD. If you pull it back and you see blood at all come in, pull the pin out, change pin, and inject somewhere else and do the same. Dont worry about the air bubbles, they wont harm you if they get injected back in. It takes over a full syringe of air to harm you when injecting into the muscle.

Oh yeah, I have my gf already do that. Didnt know thats what it was called.

Quote Originally Posted by forsz
    Smiler , i value this line of questioning. Nothing wrong with "what if " Qs. Certain members can B annoying when they obstruct the exchange of info bec they answer without reading and acknowledging ALL that is written. I think that once it's absolutely clear that u SHOULD ALWAYS aspirate, they should answer the Q ( and several DID , thank u) . Of course i would never intentially fail to aspirate. But only a fool would deny that there is at least a tiny risk of forgetting, tho. I want to know if i should b spending that emergency time dialing 911. And if the gear isn't fatal, i certainly don't want to die from fear.
    omg finally...preciesly what im trying to say

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    ...wonder if your going to die.
    Yeah, I def remember that. I aspirate everytime, but I also have unsteady hands, there is a lot of needle movement when I inject. I think I hit a vein once, but I'm not sure. I started coughing uncontrollably, felt really light headed, and basically laid down until it passed. My gf was freaking out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information