nabs is offline New Member

Smile Freshmen needs HeLp!

Hey guys, I am new to the this whole scene of working out and getting big etc etc..and I am very much interested. I have just been working out and doing cardio now for the past 6 weeks, and to be honest, have not seen many results. I am 5'11 and 170lbs, and want to loose the flab and just sorta get cut, my goal is not to get huge but instead just get toned and in shape. So im not sure if i should be doing roids, protein supplements, or creatine? so if someone could just sorta guide me on what stuff to be doing that'll be great

THanks

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    how old are you? And 6 weeks isnt enough to see the gains you want. Try 1-2 yrs naturally.

~theJuice~

I am currently 20

Quote Originally Posted by nabs
    I am currently 20
    Well when I first started to ever workout seriously (@ 23) I went from 6'0" 170lbs to 191 lbs in 2 yrs, naturally. You just have to prepare a diet and stick to it

~theJuice~

Yea, I have been sorta watching my diet, by doing things like cutting carbs adding more protein to my diet, but I think my metabolism is slow which is causing the results to be slow, I go to the gym pretty much 5/6 times a week and work out hard, I wil start doing cardio regularly too, but my goal is to just drop the flab and become somewhat cut

thanks

Ok no problem. But remember you may loose 10 lbs of fat, but if you gain 5-7 lbs of lean muscle & get ripped you LOOK bigger

~theJuice~

yEA,

I understand that, i wanna gain lean muscle, and loose the fat, but so what do u think i should be doing...like protein shakes? creatine? regular cardio?

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    go to the diet forum and studie. start with the "cutting sticky"
    then get your workout dialed in. cardio in the am on an empty stomach and weight trainning. diet, trainning and proper rest are what will do it for ya.
    good luck bro

bvanderwerff is offline Associate Member
    yEA,

I understand that, i wanna gain lean muscle, and loose the fat, but so what do u think i should be doing...like protein shakes? creatine? regular cardio?

oaky, nabs... I'm gonna say this once.... results don't come as early as 6 weeks

Over the past 8 months I cut 65 lbs off of my weight, and that was doing it VERY unhealthly (borderline anorexia), you're looking at losing 1-2 lbs a week, which is the most you should be losing (otherwise you're losing msucle)

prepare a diet for yourself of roughly 2000 calories a day; you're 20, just as I am.... I HIGHLY doubt you have a slow metabolism at 5'11" and 170, as I was 6'1" 220

read the sticky in the diet forum called "cutting diet" and prepare yourself one, don't take creatine cause it'll add water, and pick up on lots of cardio and weight training

iwillsleepwhenidie is offline Junior Member
    and don't use creatine my buddies had kidney problems on that stuff. I also had kidney pain with it too. IMO just not worth using it to me

I stoppped using creatine b/c my test results came back saying I was over normal. NO CREATINE!

~theJuice~

Thanks for your help guys...off to the gym again. I will start watching what I eat etc, I think thats the way. and do some heavy cardio + weight training, and also take protein shakes after workouts I think, I just need results by the end of August, well, at least some results

THanks once again,

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    Diet is numero uno. Get a gram of protein per lb of body weight, watch the fat intake. What's your workouts look like? Wait until you meet your natural plateau before thinking about the juice. You could probably gain a lot of weight naturally before spending the money on roids. It would be a waste of your money. Good luck

Currently my workouts consist of 4 machine 4 sets 8 reps each for one muscle group, then some abs workout, then 20min cardio. After doing some research, and speaking to some people at the gym, they have recommended that I keeep this workout up, and take a whey protein shake and glutomein twice a day, once after waking up, and once after working out.
    What do you guys think?

Nabs
    p.s. thanks once again

flexgolf is offline Member
    yEA,

you need to seriously evaluate your diet in order to determine whether or not you are eating correctly. simply watching what you eat is normally not good enough and there is definitely a lot of detailed science behind building a proper diet. and by far, diet is the most important key to gaining muscle and losing fat. there is no simple way to describe all the particulars of a sound diet, but i would begin by going to the diet link, and reading all of the sticky's. then i would post your own revised diet for members of this board to read.

protein shakes will most likely need to be incorporated into your diet in some way shape of form, but you will learn how this becomes important by reading the diet information on this board. creatine should be experimented with only after strenuous evaluation of your diet and training program.

your training program should also be closely evaluated. you can go the "weight pit" link, post your trainign regimen, including what days you work out, what muscles you exercise on those days, and how many sets and repetitions you perform for each exercise on a given day.

the best thing the young lifter can do is is evaulate their diet and training regimen.

Thread Information