MindBomb is offline Member

The Effects of Steroid Use by Adolescents

This is something I found. I thought it was worth starting a thread seeing how teens are so "ready" to juice. I've read many posts and try to advise against it, and was sometimes flamed for my opinions by teens. I am not bitter about the flames. I mean I am a big boy and shit like that really don't bother me. But, I still want to help the teens in making the right decisions. You have the whole life in front of you. Don't take the chance of screwing things up by starting too soon. Build a solid foundation and AAS will wait for you.

Last month I wrote an article titled "Steroids The Difference Between Use and Abuse". The emails came poring in, and there was something that really caught my attention as well as my concern. The concern that I am talking about was the overwhelming amount of emails that I received from kids, yes kids asking questions about steroid use and recommended cycles. I would estimate that about 65% of the emails I received were from individuals in the 12-16yr old range. This was, and obviously still is very alarming to me! As a result of this, I am dedicating an article solely to the dangers of adolescent steroid use. This article, is not intended to be used as a scare tactic, because I know that for one, that doesn't work, and secondly it only widens the gap between you and I. Instead this is a "For your information only" article.
    I shall begin with the psychological dangers. The fact of the matter is that puberty effects more than just physical maturing, but also many personality characteristics that last your entire lives. Puberty is the period in which many influences, as well as practices will contain the most "sticking power". The problem is that steroids can lead to serious health problems, and that the sooner you start taking them the earlier the problems may occur. This is also the time where many insecurities and dependencies develop, and it can be very difficult to change these. Adolescence is not a good time to make any decision that can affect the rest of your life, like the decision to use drugs. The chemical make-up of a teen-age boy is extremely complex, and the complications steroids cause can be very detrimental.

In my opinion, the most detrimental thing that could happen is the stunting of growth plates. During adolescence the growth plates are not set, and foreign testosterone will very easily halt the entire process. What does this mean? This means that if you are 5'6" right now, then you will always be 5'6". Neither the NBA, nor the NFL will be knocking on your door anytime soon. The other complications involve extreme bone pain, as not all of your growth plates may set. Some may set, and others may not, it's a big gamble not worth taking. This is not to mention the liver toxicity, vascular damage, kidney damage, and joint problems.

There is no valid reason for adolescents to use steroids . For one, as I told one of you, you have more testosterone running through your veins than I do. Secondly, have patience, most of the mail I received was from kids who had only been working out for a very short while. Then there was the mail that especially upset me. This guy wanted to use steroids because there was some bully at school who kept abusing him. This one really bothered me, I know how cruel kids can be. My advice for anyone else in the same situation is to take the money you would scam out of your parents to spend on steroids, and take karate or some similar self-defense art. You should focus on doing something that's really going to endanger the health of the bully, and not your own.

Now lets look at some alternatives. There are tons of wonderful supplements, and workout routines available to provide you with an alternative means to your goal. You all have many more products available to you then I did when I was your age. I would recommend starting basic. First of all we all need multi-vitamins, protein powders, and other necessary supplements. Secondly, get a good routine going. I would also recommend getting a routine from someone other than your high school athletic coach. You can either email me, or visit a quality personal trainer in your area. I will be glad to assist you with this in any way that I can, and it is absolutely free!

To close this whole thing out, once again have patience, work hard, and stay strong. If you really want cycle advice from myself I must have a note from your mom! Thanks for reading and I hope you all make wise decisions.

Wayne Mercer

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Excellent!

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    good info

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    good post
    If it changes one kids mind it worth it
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    Very nice.

SUPERDAVE is offline Banned
    i agree with you. I didn't mean to flame ya mindbomb. Sometimes you all seem to hear the word teen and totally shut down. Personally i have been lifting since i was 14. And seriously lifting for 2 years. I've put on about 50lbs. I train heavy with compound movements,eat right and alot, and get 8-9 hours of sleep a night. I have been considering steroids for over 6 months. I have barely been gaining the past 3 months. I switched things up, took a break, and gains are coming slowly now.
    I encourage all fellow teen out there to research thoroughly before you start. Don't rush into it and go for the quick fix. And before you even consider juice, are you training with maximum intensity? Getting the sleep, eating enough to be in a positive nirogen state.
    I had a cycle planned out but after i got on this board and did research, i had to reconsider because of the possible long term side effects and severe water retention
    To all of the mature juicers out there:
    Please don't flame when a teen asks about juice.
    Consider the fact that everyone matures at different rates.
    If they correct their diet and training and they are still not gaining, then give them advice on what route would be the safest.
    Thank you so much for you're time
    Without all of you i wouldn't know what i do now

MindBomb is offline Member
    Superdave, I am glad you read this post. And I commend your dedication to improve your health and body. I hope you stay safe and train hard always.

Lil D is offline Junior Member
    Great post. Plus if these teenagers had a good diet to start with they would be huge with all that natural test coursing through there viens.

Thread Information