NightOp is offline Member

DHT, MPB, and Age Question

Okay, got a question about DHT. We know that DHT is much more androgenic than plain old test and that some of excess test (AAS) is converted into DHT via an enzyme which I can't remember the name of, and some natural test production converts to DHT as well. Anyways, when men age, their testosterone levels drop... so why do most natural ppl (non-AAS users) get MPB beginning in their 40's and 50's when their test levels are decreasing, but not in their 20's when they are high? How are DHT levels increasing and test levels decreasing as you age?

I know this is a cut and dried verison/question and that an endocrinology question of this nature is complicated, but I'm looking for a general answer or a in-depth look.. either way.

link to DHT info>http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/arnold/dht.htm

bump

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I have always heard that the individual hair folicles are pre-programmed to become sensitive to DHT at a certain time in their life. So it isnt just the change in amounts of test or dht but also the time that the dreaded curse is programmed in each folicle. This is what I have heard. Would need to research to be sure.

Maybe using things that increase dht can cause the problem to manifest itself a little earlier than it would have if left alone.

But if you knew when your hair would begin reacting to DHT then you could start taking something for it at just the right time rather than waiting to see all that hair go down the drain before you go get a perscription.
    Last edited by scottp999; 04-19-2002 at 12:10 PM.

scott, ok, thnx for reply bump for any others.

bump

latman49 is offline Member
    Test is converted to DHT by 5a-reductase enzyme. The explanation that I've been given about why DHT causes balding in middle age is this: Early in a man's life, the body utilizes DHT for developmental purposes. When that same man gets older, the DHT is not used for the same purpose and and therefor, there is a greater concentation in the hair follicles.

thnx for the post latman

Thread Information