palme is offline Rosie Member

Hairloss from AS

Can anyone get it? Or is it limited to men that are proned to it by genetics? My father and my brother and i have very thick strong hair, should i worry?

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    It generally depends on the mother's side of the family. If your mother's brothers or father have gone (or are going bald), then there is a good chance that AS could affect you badly (cause balding).

Ultimately, whether or not you bald (in relation to AS) depends on:
    --Genetics/individual body chemistry
    --Dose of AS
    --Frequency of dose

No one can tell you whether you will or will not bald. You have to experiment. If you're going to use AS, consider starting out slowly (on low doses) so you can see how your body reacts.

Good luck.

David B. is offline Member

Re: Hairloss from AS

Originally posted by palme
    Can anyone get it? Or is it limited to men that are proned to it by genetics? My father and my brother and i have very thick strong hair, should i worry?
    Well, I'm 46 years old and still have no signs of male pattern baldness, and I'm nearing the end of my first cycle. Okay, so that's just one data point, hardly a statistically significant sample...

But I'm pretty sure that AS will only accellerate hair loss if you were gonna lose it anyway.

It's a genetic crapshoot -- accellerated baldness is just one of the risks of this game. It'll either happen or it won't. Stop worrying and take it like a man.

--dnb

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Thanks basketbro

I know you risk alot of things with AS use. Just wanted to know if i could count this one out

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    well not always the case, its most of the times but if you increase your dht levels then u r possibly increasing the risk that excess dht will bind to hair follicles then which is what kills them!. But BASK8 was on the ball you really got to try to know, everyone reacts different

peace

Cruezer is offline Banned
    yeh u can experiment,but its permanent and irrevisersible

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Cruezer
    yeh u can experiment,but its permanent and irrevisersible
    I spoke with my pharmacist about hair loss associated with using Testosterone , specifically Cyp. According to him, not all hair loss is permanent/irreversible if you catch it quickly and address the situation correctly. NOTE: He and I were talking about low doses: 200-250mg of test cyp per week. But even at this low dose, it is still possible to loose hair just as quickly as when using higher doses--for those who are susceptible.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 10-11-2002 at 12:39 PM.

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    hey, didnt want to start a new topic so ill ask here. I searched around and didnt find much about what im looking for. Is what your saying really true bask8? I am considering a low dose test enth cycle in the future. I say low dose because on my mothers side of the family there is male pattern baldness. I was thinking a 200mg/wk of test. Is it pretty probable that i would still recieve as much hair loss as with say 500mg/wk? Thanks

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    hair or muscles? I say baldness is hip! If u r gonna lose it anyway why struggle with it? =) Choice between hair or a cycle is an easy one for me.

Thread Information