e22
    e22 is offline New Member

Arachidonic Acid: Is it BS?

Anybody tried the X Factor (Arachidonic Acid) by Molecular Nutrition?
    Either way sounds like BS to me but I want to hear what people who took it have to say about it
    Thanks

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Any supplement is going to be 99% scam

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Any supplement is going to be 99% scam

JohnnyB
    Well...it's just an EFA, really. Billy LLewellyn produces it...he's got a strong enough rep, I suppose, to assume he's on the level.

unoigo is offline Associate Member
    Funny how he (William LLewellyn) flames all the supplement companies for puting those "before & after" ads in all the magazines yet has put this on his website. I assume he will put it in the next issue of his magazine.

http://www.bodyofscience.com/issues/...summer2005.pdf

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont expect it to do miracles if u get nuff efa's in ur diet anyway.

Well..the thing is, he's bright enough to do research and discover stuff that'll work. Inferior researchers just jump on any shitty compound, and try to sell it...I can only assume he hasn't done that...he genuinely found something he thinks will work, and is selling it for that reason. I don't think it will produce much in the way of results, but I'm sure it's not total garbage.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    i can buy that... i was just pointing out that one shouldnt expect any superioir results.. I for one am interested to hear the reasoning behind thesepotential benefits.. just for general interest..

dragon69 is offline Member
    while I have not read the article yet, I can tell you this...arachidonic acid is a very strong potentiator of insulin , however the mechanism in which it does this would have many negative side effects including allergic reactions, heavy Vasorestriction, large changes in pH, etc and would also effect cortisol levels as well. There's lots of negative stuff here, I'm suprised anyone is experimenting with this.

dragon69 is offline Member
    yes and that's also to assume it has bioactivity. See most supplement manufacturers are very ignorant to the fact that even though some chemicals may have an effect, that you still must find a way into the bloodstream.....you can't often just swallow some orally and get it in there. Most supplements lack a delivery system which is often necessary to making a bioavailable product. In this case, I would think it would need to be an injectable (not certain on that part) but it would also run the risk of killing you.
    My advice to those here on this panel, stay away from this compound for a few years untill more is known above it in regards to this application. Curiouity killed the cat.

Thread Information