Thread: Vitamin b6

TripleH is offline Junior Member

Vitamin b6

What does vitamin b-6 help you with?

ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    helps prevent progesterone related side effects from drugs like Deca and Tren

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    lots of things... liver protection, sleep, and prog/prolactin sides caused by certain roids like tren and deca just to name a few of the benifits. use no more than 200mg per day as it can be neurologically toxic.

Good call Meso

Don't use more than 200mg ED

That dosage is spot on

greenpathy is offline Junior Member
    200 per day and no more???? why does it say 600 per day on the novice sample cycles?????
    rob

where does it say that?

I've never seen 600mg anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by greenpathy
    200 per day and no more???? why does it say 600 per day on the novice sample cycles?????
    rob
    has to be a misprint, pm the system admin or a mod. Or someone will end up having nerve damage.

greenpathy is offline Junior Member
    your right on with that,, i just checked it again and it IS 200 per day,,, my mistake...
    rob

MickyBlues is offline Banned
    Just curious, all of you are saying no more than 200mg a day of Vitamin B6, why do companies like Solgar & Twin Lab sell Vit. B6 with 250mg pills?

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by MickyBlues
    Just curious, all of you are saying no more than 200mg a day of Vitamin B6, why do companies like Solgar & Twin Lab sell Vit. B6 with 250mg pills?
    I do not know why they would subject you to those doses. Take a look...

Too much vitamin B6 can result in nerve damage to the arms and legs. This neuropathy is usually related to high intake of vitamin B6 from supplements, [2] and is reversible when supplementation is stopped. According to the Institute of Medicine, "Several reports show sensory neuropathy at doses lower than 500 mg per day" [1]. As previously mentioned, the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine has established an upper tolerable intake level (UL) for vitamin B6 of 100 mg per day for all adults [1]. "As intake increases above the UL, the risk of adverse effects increases [1]."

[1] Institute of Medicine. Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes: Thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, biotin, and choline. National Academy Press. Washington, DC, 1998.

[2] Selhub J, Jacques PF, Bostom AG, D'Agostino RB, Wilson PW, Belanger AJ, O'Leary DH, Wolf PA, Scaefer EJ, Rosenberg IH. Association between plasma homocysteine concentrations and extracranial carotid-artery stenosis. N Engl J Med 1995; 332:286-291.

Well I planned on taking 250mg of Solgars B6 with my cycle. Is 50mg more really going to be dangerous for my health? I can't imagine Solgar putting out anything harmful without them doing their research first. Any thoughts on this?

Here is even more...

Vitamin B6 and the nervous system
    Vitamin B6 is needed for the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine . These neurotransmitters are required for normal nerve cell communication. Researchers have been investigating the relationship between vitamin B6 status and a wide variety of neurologic conditions such as seizures, chronic pain, depression, headache, and Parkinson's disease [1].

Lower levels of serotonin have been found in individuals suffering from depression and migraine headaches. So far, however, vitamin B6 supplements have not proved effective for relieving these symptoms. One study found that a sugar pill was just as likely as vitamin B6 to relieve headaches and depression associated with low dose oral contraceptives [2].

Alcohol abuse can result in neuropathy, abnormal nerve sensations in the arms and legs [3]. A poor dietary intake contributes to this neuropathy and dietary supplements that include vitamin B6 may prevent or decrease its incidence [1].

Vitamin B6 and carpal tunnel syndrome
    Vitamin B6 was first recommended for carpal tunnel syndrome almost 30 years ago [4]. Several popular books still recommend taking 100 to 200 milligrams (mg) of vitamin B6 daily to treat carpal tunnel syndrome, even though scientific studies do not indicate it is effective. Anyone taking large doses of vitamin B6 supplements for carpal tunnel syndrome needs to be aware that the Institute of Medicine recently established an upper tolerable limit of 100 mg per day for adults. There are documented cases in the literature of neuropathy caused by excessive vitamin B6 taken for treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome [5].

[1]Bernstein AL. Vitamin B6 in clinical neurology. Ann N Y Acad Sci 1990;585:250-60.

[2]Villegas-Salas E, Ponce de Leon R, Juarez-Perez MA, Grubb GS. Effect of vitamin B6 on the side effects of a low-dose combined oral contraceptive. Contraception 1997; 55:245-8.

[3]Vinik AI. Diabetic neuropathy: pathogenesis and therapy. Am J Med 1999; 107:17S-26S.

[4]Copeland DA and Stoukides CA. Pyridoxine in carpal tunnel syndrome. Ann Pharmacother 1994; 28:1042-4.

[5]Foca FJ. Motor and sensory neuropathy secondary to excessive pyridoxine ingestion. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1985; 66:634-6.

Quote Originally Posted by MickyBlues
    Well I planned on taking 250mg of Solgars B6 with my cycle. Is 50mg more really going to be dangerous for my health? I can't imagine Solgar putting out anything harmful without them doing their research first. Any thoughts on this?
    After researching I may only take 100mg from now on... Are they tablets? Cut them in half. After looking around it looks as if it goes as high as 300mg but maybe that is short term non consistant usage. I do not know what to tell you as 200mg is all I have ever used.

Well thanks Meso, I appreciate your input on this. I might exchange them for 200mg or maybe stay, I don't know to be honest. I just can't imagine 50 more mg's being an issue, especially when a reputable company as Solgar put's them out. Anyway who know's....

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Meso, I have heard and been told that when gyno symptoms occur during tren /deca cycle an upload phase should be in conjunction with preventative measures. Also, I am using 500mg slow release b6 tabs that are not toxic to the system.. probably because they are slow release.. anyway, I have been told by many sources that if symptoms occur to take the 1000mg b6 slow release tabs separated throughout the day... I would just like to hear your thoughts on the matter.. thanks.

inevitable is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    Meso, I have heard and been told that when gyno symptoms occur during tren/deca cycle an upload phase should be in conjunction with preventative measures. Also, I am using 500mg slow release b6 tabs that are not toxic to the system.. probably because they are slow release.. anyway, I have been told by many sources that if symptoms occur to take the 1000mg b6 slow release tabs separated throughout the day... I would just like to hear your thoughts on the matter.. thanks.
    wat slow release tabs are u using?

Quote Originally Posted by inevitable
    wat slow release tabs are u using?
    Natural Factors 500mg slow release tabs...

Basilus is offline Junior Member
    I have to give Meso some prop's, when I first started comming here you were quite a joker. Lately you have been tossing out some quality information. Wtg man =) Good stuff !!

Quote Originally Posted by Basilus
    I have to give Meso some prop's, when I first started comming here you were quite a joker. Lately you have been tossing out some quality information. Wtg man =) Good stuff !!
    he's always had good info... just don't piss him off... he's like a virus and will keep coming back to make your life hell... j/k M.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    Meso, I have heard and been told that when gyno symptoms occur during tren/deca cycle an upload phase should be in conjunction with preventative measures. Also, I am using 500mg slow release b6 tabs that are not toxic to the system.. probably because they are slow release.. anyway, I have been told by many sources that if symptoms occur to take the 1000mg b6 slow release tabs separated throughout the day... I would just like to hear your thoughts on the matter.. thanks.
    I have heard of people taking 600-800 as a front load if challenges arise. I would instead go with bromo or cabergoline, the later being the preference. PNP sells cabergoline(dostinex) and .25mg every 3-4 days should fix any problem that "100mg" of B-6 cannot handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I have heard of people taking 600-800 as a front load if challenges arise. I would instead go with bromo or cabergoline, the later being the preference. PNP sells cabergoline(dostinex) and .25mg every 3-4 days should fix any problem that "100mg" of B-6 cannot handle.
    cool.. thanks...

Thread Information