bignuts is offline Junior Member

ketotifen or benadryl

Can i use benadryl instead of ketotifen to upregulate the beta-receptors? if so is it any kind of benadryl? Also where can i get ketotifen?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I would use ketotifen... I tried benadryl and it does not work as clinical studies would suggest. I only know one person that used it with success at least that is what was said... Put up a poll, make sure it is for people that actually tried the method such as benadryl(I tried and didnt like) and two on two off(Did work for me) or ketotifen(havent tried but alot of experienced people say it works). I bet if you get specific on benadryl and those who use it - you will only get one hit on the benadryl, or others will just claim it is ok, because of a study or two, but not from experience.

where can i get some ketotifen? Could i buy that at wal-mart?

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    I get mine from my doctor.... tell him I have bad allergies and can only use zatatin (which is keto)... I get mine for free.. Canada... don't know where you are from.

BigBlack is offline Junior Member
    Benadryl worked fine for me

More people here on AR have used benadryl and said it works than not....100% of the BB4L members who tried it were happy with it..Meso and 1-2 others said it didn't work for them. The medical studies, BigCat, Nandi, other respected mods, and the preponderance of evidence suggest that Benadryl in fact works. Meso holds the contrary opinion.

thanks hooker, so all i need is benadryl does it have to be a specific kind?

Benadryl is fine...I use the CVS generic, personally. I researched and brought Benadryl out for this use, because it's easier for most people to get than ketotifen.

Everyone can get Clen (from a million research chem sites)...but not everyone can get Ketotifen. I wanted a cost-effective & easy to find alternative to ketotifen...and Benadryl was what I found. It's about 1/10th as expensive as Ketotifen, works just as well for using with clen, and you can buy it walking distance from your house, no matter where you live.

That's basically my motivation for all of this....it's certainly not for the 500-1K people on all the boards who have access to every chemical under the Sun, or are mods/admin, have a billion UGL contacts, and are members of 100 "invite-only" boards or "vet forums"....it's finding out information for the average guy to read and use. Thats why I'm here...

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    The medical studies, BigCat, Nandi, other respected mods, and the preponderance of evidence suggest that Benadryl in fact works. Meso holds the contrary opinion.
    I never disputed medical studies or evidence that would suggest it would work, I did however say my experience with it I was less than satisfied. I have not found another person until today that had a good experience(the names you dropped and the newb that posted)...

Almost all of the feedback on this board has been positive, with benadryl. You are really the only person who keeps saying it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Almost all of the feedback on this board has been positive, with benadryl. You are really the only person who keeps saying it didn't work.
    I guess I didnt see any of the positive feedback, other than the good find on clinical studies. I should pay more attention.

Yeah...you and Stayinstacked have said benadryl hasn't worked for you.

Yet....people are talking about it and saying it works all over the 'net...from BigCat to ....well...mostly everyone. The great thing about athletes is that we ditch drugs that don't produce results very quickly...and benadryl seems to be working for 99% of the people who have tried it....it hasn't been ditched...it's being passed on all over the 'net as what's working.

Well I hope it has staying power then as time will definately tell.

Thread Information