Thread: growth stunt?

bigdogc is offline Associate Member

growth stunt?

Hi, if you are 19 and take steroids (test susp and tbol) do you have a chance of closing growth plates or is it 100% and no way around it, that you close growth plates. I ask this because i have heard a) all steroids stunt growth b) oxodronlone is used to help smaller kids grow bigger and c) some people are more prone to growth plates shutting.

thanks for the help!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogc
    Hi, if you are 19 and take steroids (test susp and tbol) do you have a chance of closing growth plates or is it 100% and no way around it, that you close growth plates. I ask this because i have heard a) all steroids stunt growth b) oxodronlone is used to help smaller kids grow bigger and c) some people are more prone to growth plates shutting.

thanks for the help!
    Things that cause high estrogen cause the growth plate closure. Dbol and test sust cause very high levels of estrogen. Also since your feet are bigger then your height and 99% of men gain their last inch or two actually at the age of 23 years, you will end up with feet too big for your height.

Also you might say, well why dont I do a non-estrogen converting steroid like deca only cycle, or just run femera heavily with the test. Well when you exit there is a big estrogen rebound because coming off aromatase inhibitor or newly restored testoserone post cycle has testosterone finding an extra abundant availability of aromatase so post cycle estrogen rebounds can cause the growth plate closure. The only steroids I know of that has been shown not to cause plate closure are winstrol and M-1-Test (no longer legal as of February 2005).

Also I know a trainer at my gym... he started juicing at 19... not only did he close his growth plates but actually shrunk a couple inches in height by the time he reached 27... (we all actually shrink an inch somewhere between 24 and 35 anyways because of wear on all joints).

Thread Information