Thread: bp #'s

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member

bp #'s

just checked. 147/71

so my systolic is through the roof, but my diastolic is waaay below normal according to the chart i read.

is it wishful thinking that these two even each other out.

i don't have insurance so if anyone can point me to bp info concerning meds and the difference between the two numbers that would be great.

have a source for bp meds but don't wanna go playin with fire before understanding how it works and i know there are significant differences between the bp drugs.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    As long as the lower # is at 80 or so you should be okay

JohnnyB

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    The diastolic and systolic numbers should never deviate by more than 50 points. That said you need to get that diastolic down and the systolic up. You are not in the hypertension state but this can have some negative effects aswell.

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    make sure you are getting an accurate measurement. often the cuff size isnt large enough and throws things off

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    and remember to take many meaurements. BP varies a lot daily. If you measured this once you might get a completely diffrent reading tomorrow. I for one often get the stress phenomena. If I take a reading its sometimes really high coz I get excited about watching the reading. I usually just try to relax and watch TV or sumin and try not to think about that the cuff is there and then my numbers I get are normal. But usually if I havent measured my BP for a while the first one or two measurements I get are high just due to the nervous system. Your diastolic is fine though.. 71 is completely OK.. The diffrence in systolic and diastolic BP is called the pulse pressure and its significance also depends on age... Is ur BP like this on cycle or normally too? How old r u?

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    and remember to take many meaurements. BP varies a lot daily. If you measured this once you might get a completely diffrent reading tomorrow. I for one often get the stress phenomena. If I take a reading its sometimes really high coz I get excited about watching the reading. I usually just try to relax and watch TV or sumin and try not to think about that the cuff is there and then my numbers I get are normal. But usually if I havent measured my BP for a while the first one or two measurements I get are high just due to the nervous system. Your diastolic is fine though.. 71 is completely OK.. The diffrence in systolic and diastolic BP is called the pulse pressure and its significance also depends on age... Is ur BP like this on cycle or normally too? How old r u?
    24 years old
    on cycle right now, but usually on cycle the diastolic is around 80 somethin?

Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    The diastolic and systolic numbers should never deviate by more than 50 points. That said you need to get that diastolic down and the systolic up. You are not in the hypertension state but this can have some negative effects aswell.
    all i've read about is how to get the numbers down. how would one go about getting the diastolic up?

dtr98 is offline Member
    the 71 is good, need to get the 147 down.
    on bp meds and mine stays around 130-137 over 75-85 even on a cycle.
    heard hawthorn berries are good for bp??

Jay J is offline Junior Member
    Hawthorn Berries have always heled my blood pressure come down. Good, cheap way to lower BP.

Unoid is offline Member
    I was getting massive nose bleeds easily the other night, checked my BP, 160/85
    I'm on 20mg/day of linosopril. But I did take 12.5mg ephedra and 10mg Adderall for a writen test earlier that day. Stimulants + gear = no no.

Thread Information