robkesl is offline Senior Member

switch pins after withdrawling?

i was just curioius on all who switch pins after they withdrawl from a vial, i ususally dont except if i try to poke and it doesnt slide right in, then ill replace it!

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    I absolutely do... they are so f'n cheap... its not worth making sure I have a brand new pin every single.
    (your in st. louis too, huh )

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    i use 1 pin to draw from 4 vials and then i switch that pin for fresh ones before injecting.. i saw pictures of how dull a needle gets after just drawing.. made me switch and i notice a big differnce.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    i think i saw the same pics deezuhl. that alone made me always switch. better safe than sorry right?

dtr98 is offline Member
    do the same here. when i 1st started my guy told me you could use the same pin for 10 injects, good thing i found this board right away!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    i use 1 pin to draw from 4 vials and then i switch that pin for fresh ones before injecting.. i saw pictures of how dull a needle gets after just drawing.. made me switch and i notice a big differnce.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    i think i saw the same pics deezuhl. that alone made me always switch. better safe than sorry right?
    yeah i think mesomorphyl posted them.. it looked ragged even though it was a microscopic pic of pins being used 1x and 2,3, and 4 times. i used to use the same pin 2x my 1st cycle and drew with it. You live and learn..

Quote Originally Posted by dtr98
    do the same here. when i 1st started my guy told me you could use the same pin for 10 injects, good thing i found this board right away!!
    when i was starting out back in the day i used the same pin an entire summer. when i stuck the skin and muscle would indent 1-1.5 inches before the pin would enter teh skin. looking back i have no clue why nothing really bad happened. i hadn't even heard of alcohol swabs yet!

Kelvin is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl

Agreed!!!!!
    The same thing is true with me. Once you see what a needle looks like after it has been drawn, you wouldn't ever want to inject with that needle again.

dtr98 is offline Member
    ah, the good ole days, lol
    you must of loved the pain??

when i was starting out back in the day i used the same pin an entire summer. when i stuck the skin and muscle would indent 1-1.5 inches before the pin would enter teh skin. looking back i have no clue why nothing really bad happened. i hadn't even heard of alcohol swabs yet!

holy shit your nuts.. i hate the anticipation of the jab as it is but that just sounds horrific...

lol, thats scarrry!!!!!

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100

wow bro

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Switch...always.

chris2wire is offline Member
    I never switch them. Been good injecting with drawing pin for 8 weeks now.

its really not that much duller after one shot, it looks kinda dulled but they also switched the angle of the pic!

Quote Originally Posted by robkesl
    its really not that much duller after one shot, it looks kinda dulled but they also switched the angle of the pic!
    there's stuff on it... stuff is bad... look how clean the first one is... clean is good.

I don't switch needles. Next time you go to the doctors office, see if he does it...I'm betting he doesn't...

ando is offline New Member
    what about contamination? is it possible for dirt on the vial to then be tranferred into your muscle tissue?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I don't switch needles. Next time you go to the doctors office, see if he does it...I'm betting he doesn't...
    ahh you beat me to it. same thing goes for aspirating. but I do change the pin after withdrawl.

STONES2 is offline Associate Member
    I was told to draw with an 18g and shoot with a 22 or 23g,thats what I do an no problems, they are cheap and Ido not want any problems if I can avoid them.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    i use the same needle to draw as a do to poke..but anymore then that would be suspect.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    pins r too cheap to not switch....

zx2onice is offline Junior Member
    I usually use one pin to preload three or four syringes at once, but always use a clean needle to inject with....a few days worth....u guys think thats ok, or am I just asking for an infection?

Charged_UP is offline Associate Member
    No need to switch, ive been cool. Only if u mess up and touch something that may be containing bacteria like ur shirt or the counter. I also have never bothered to use alchohol actually.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    I draw/stick with the same pin. No harm done. I swear one of these days I am going to post my own pictures of 'used' needles to discredit that bogus picture floating around..besides, thats not a picture of sticking a rubber vial.

Thread Information