Griffix is offline New Member

Test Prop vs. Test Cyp

Test Prop vs. Test Cyp...

What does everyone think? How do they compare to each other? Effectiveness? Retention (water and mass/strength gains...)? Side effects? Price? Etc......

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Side effects are going to be roughly the same, though cyp you will get more water retention and prop may hurt a bit more at the injection site as well as the multiple injects.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Some people hold water others don't, prop seem to hold less of the 2

JohnnyB

mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member
    I hold more water on prop. Strength gains were better though. pound per pound.

Terminator1 is offline Associate Member
    I ran prop at 100 EOD along with 800 cyp and 600EQ and after week 10 I ran out of prop and my bench dropped 25# the very next week. So I think prop is the shit!

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    WOW! 1.15gm of Test per week! You set up some pretty aggressive cycles... What were your before and after stats?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    WOW! 1.15gm of Test per week! You set up some pretty aggressive cycles... What were your before and after stats?

Thanks.
    Well this is about my 6th or 7th cycle now. But my best one so far. So far I gained about 25# in lean muscle and my bench was 225 5-6 reps when I started this cycle. Then about week 9, I was benching 300 for 5-6 reps then back down to 275 after quiting the prop!

Well, I'd be REALLY interested to hear how things go for you on a prop/EQ-acetate cycle goes... as the only difference there would be the ester of the Test, and if you're going to keep your blood levels stable with frequent jabs, may as well do the EQ-Ace on those days too, especially because it might actually reduce the painfulness of the Prop... But thats assuming EQ and EQ-Ace are going to have the same effect of making the prop less painful. lol. Might be worth a try tho. I like how your stats changed in this cycle. Do you happen to have before and after pictures?

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Ive been lookin into EQ ace and havent heard many good things at all about it. Only a few guys have had success with it.

As for the prop and cyp, prop has 12mg more test per 100mg, So if you do 500mg of cyp a week compared to 500mg of prop, with prop you get 60mg more test

Consistency, I think that's a good point, but only half the story... You see, enanthate has roughly the same volitility of cyp, but get this... if you either frontload the enanthate, or calculate your daily values at week 8 when they reach their maxim, you still get daily variations of 48mg - 78mg per day. That means, some days you have little, and some days a good dose. That is a 40% variation. With Prop, you get the intended amount EVERYDAY, and more of it mg per mg. Sides are typically less when blood levels are stable, and gains are more reliable it seems from all my readings. Hell, maybe that's why prop causes less water retention too! Who knows?

Thanks for that info on EQ-Ace... I'll toss that idea out the drawing room.

Nope no Pictures. "Acetate" whats that?

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator1
    I ran prop at 100 EOD along with 800 cyp and 600EQ and after week 10 I ran out of prop and my bench dropped 25# the very next week. So I think prop is the shit!
    It could be that your test levels dropped that additional 300+mgs per week from losing the prop.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator1
    Nope no Pictures. "Acetate" whats that?
    acetate is and ester like tren acetate

You see, enanthate has roughly the same volitility of cyp, but get this... if you either frontload the enanthate, or calculate your daily values at week 8 when they reach their maxim, you still get daily variations of 48mg - 78mg per day. That means, some days you have little, and some days a good dose. That is a 40% variation. With Prop, you get the intended amount EVERYDAY, and more of it mg per mg. Sides are typically less when blood levels are stable, and gains are more reliable it seems from all my readings. Hell, maybe that's why prop causes less water retention too! Who knows?
    If stability because of less frequent injects for long ester test... Then just inject test e or c every other day.

Yeah, I thought of that Meso. What do you think the advantages of that would if we calculated hourly active values of the cyp, enanthate and prop? lol. Is there a calculator that does those numbers?

Yeah, I thought of that Meso. What do you think the advantages of that would if we calculated hourly active values of the cyp, enanthate and prop? lol. Is there a calculator that does those numbers?
    just alot of blood pricks a day to test it

Well, which would you think based on your knowledge would pan out to be the more consistent? ED prop? Or ED Cyp?

Well, which would you think based on your knowledge would pan out to be the more consistent? ED prop? Or ED Cyp?
    Based on your theory not my knowledge it would be cyp as it is longer. Just like injecting suspension 2 times a day and prop 2 times a day... prop would have to win out logically.

Okay, so why ED prop injections instead of ED cyp injections? They'd hurt less and be more stable...?

Okay, so why ED prop injections instead of ED cyp injections? They'd hurt less and be more stable...?
    prop is a much faster acting ester.... its half life is 24-36 hours, therefore you must inject it more often

Okay, half life I get, but what about the release rate of the hormone? How does that work? Does the depot slowly release the compound from the depot? Or does it just take a while for the body to stip the ester from it to get the test in your system, thus the half life accurately indicates the release rate?

Thread Information