crazed98 is offline Associate Member

SCARED!! PLEASE HELP, got blood work!

Now I went to get my blood check, like test, LDL, HDL, and total cholesteral. I havent been on anything for like 3+months, and my triglicerides were 228, and cholesteral was 201. They said my ratio was 5.7 was supposed to be 5.0....That shits high. I ate the night before at 12am and ate breakfast before the test NOT knowing I had to be fasting. If I do the test right and my numbers are still high, can I take any of my new cycle that I wanted to start in 3 weeks, of test prop, tren and winny? I am totally confused, my blood pressure is always 110/65, I am actually worried!
    Previous cycles: cyp/deca @ 500/350 for 10 weeks.

My stats:
    5'7, weigh in at 174lbs, with 13%bf(horrible I know) Work out 5-6 days a week,for 7 years now, very very little cardio in the past, well, honestly 1 year. Eat clean though. So please help!

spud is offline Junior Member
    You should be worried.
    Get another test and fast this time. If it's still high, you should fix it before you cycle again. The risks are to great.

I brought my cholesterol down to a really good point just by eating oatmeal every morning, Omega 3 fatty acids, and more cardio.

grgoyal is offline New Member
    bro start hitting the treadmill, test right fast before you get blood work. as for the winny i had a bad experience my blood pressure shot up off the scale and i was scared shitless. went to the doc he gave me water pills but i never took them just got off the winny because it also gave me splitting headaches and made me real dizzy. but it might not cause u any side effects so use it wisely hope it works out for you bro

paramedic is offline New Member
    Hey Crazed do exactly what spud is doing, eat alot of oats at least 1 bowl everyday that will bring down your total cholesterol down 30 points in one months time. It takes time to get back to normal levels. Try to eat less saturated fats per day so your triglicerides can get back to around 100. After doing this have your doc redo the levels and make sure you fast at least 12 hrs before getting your blood drawn. Only drink water if you get thirsty. You don't need to get worried about your levels, just calm down. Total cholesterol normal level is 100-200. So chill bro Your blood pressure is way normal, the normal blood pressure range is -systolic pressure(top number) 100-140 and diastolic pressure(bottom number) 50-85 anything above that is high.

ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    You mentioned your blood pressure

110/65

Can someone explain to me what the numbers mean?

Is 110 high or low? What about the 65?
    Is there a ratio between the 2?

***rock*** is offline Junior Member
    110/65 is either low, or you are in really good Cardio shape..

120/80 is the standard and there is no ratio

As for the Cholesterol, it is high, but I have been worse......try this:

Niacin
    Octacosanol
    Oatmeal every morning
    and a shit load of cardio

what do the blood pressure numbers actually measure/signify?

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    I believe the high number is when your heart is contracting and actually pumping the blood, the other number is when your heart is at rest, between pulses.

So the lower the numbers are the better it is?
    It means your heart isn't working as hard?

QBERT is offline Junior Member
    The systoloic BP (Top Number) is the reading that identifies the amount of pressure exerted against the arterial walls when the heart contracts. Diastolic BP (Bottom Number) is the amount of pressure exerted on the arterial walls during relaxation of the heart. For all age groups, normal systolic BP is considered to be less than 140 mm Hg; normal diastolic BP should be less than 90 mm Hg.
    Categories for BP Levels in Adults 18yo and Older

BLOOD PRESSURE LEVEL (MM HG)
    CATEGORY SYSTOLIC DIASTOLIC
    Normal <130 <85
    High normal 130-139 85-89
    High blood pressure
    Stage 1 140-159 90-99
    Stage 2 160-179 100-109
    Stage 3 >180 >110

Is there anyone who can tell me what my numbers are supposed to be? Also do you think by me eating twice right beofre the test at 12 am and 730am day of the test could have affected those numbers? If so will they be normal numbers if I fast?

Anyone? What would my numbers be if I fasted? Would they be significantly lower or not really?

Come on... Alot of vets on here should know about this stuff, anyone?

MCMARK is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed98
    Come on... Alot of vets on here should know about this stuff, anyone?
    u really need to fast to get accurate results..ur nubers might even be close to normal..definently go back after fasting before stressing out.when i asked about doinmg the test they mentioned it wasnt even worth doing without the fasting cause the numbers could be so far off depending on what you ate soon beforhand..gl

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed98
    Now I went to get my blood check, like test, LDL, HDL, and total cholesteral. I havent been on anything for like 3+months, and my triglicerides were 228, and cholesteral was 201. They said my ratio was 5.7 was supposed to be 5.0....That shits high. I ate the night before at 12am and ate breakfast before the test NOT knowing I had to be fasting. If I do the test right and my numbers are still high, can I take any of my new cycle that I wanted to start in 3 weeks, of test prop, tren and winny? I am totally confused, my blood pressure is always 110/65, I am actually worried!
    Previous cycles: cyp/deca@ 500/350 for 10 weeks.
    Not that bad... probably during cycle you had triglicerides over 300, cholesterol was probably 250, etc... this is common and the numbers slowly sag back down to normal after the cycle is done. Takes actually sometimes 4 months to return to normal. Whey and high protein diets will tend to keep your cholesterol and triglicerides high though.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    my triglycerides were 194, but my HDL was 17 and my LDL was 131...that's an 11.0 ratio! this was about three weeks into an anavar and dbol run (dont ask, it's all i had on hand and i was just trying to maintain some strength/size)...and yes, i fasted...my total cholesterol was 187...but yes, high prot. diets can attribute to that as well...the dr. wasnt overly concerned, so i wasnt

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Ehh. My total cholesterol was over 350 when I was on Accutane (and a tiny bit of sauce, tehehe). The doctor didn't think it was worrysome enough to stop the treatment...=P My triglycerides were out of normal range also. Everything went back to normal when I stopped the sauce.

What? My doc is FREAKIN out! He is telling me I have to take all these different meds, like TRICORE or something.. So Whey, which I take like 3-4 shakes a day of I should be off that for a couple days. I know red meat hurts everything, but its all protiens? I will get this situated on monday and let you know what happens!

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    my triglycerides were 194, but my HDL was 17 and my LDL was 131...that's an 11.0 ratio! this was about three weeks into an anavar and dbol run (dont ask, it's all i had on hand and i was just trying to maintain some strength/size)...and yes, i fasted...my total cholesterol was 187...but yes, high prot. diets can attribute to that as well...the dr. wasnt overly concerned, so i wasnt
    If your HDL was 17 and your Dr wasnt concerned I would get a new doctor. Anything under 30 puts you are very high cardiac risk.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Crazed, are you taking Nolvadex ?

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    was this the first time youve ever had your blood work done? You could just naturally have high cholesterol values too. Go back and get it retested after fasting b/c it can really affect the results. If its still high, you may have to get on cholesterol meds. At the end of my last cycle my HDL was 19 and LDL was 190!! A month later my HDL was 52 and LDL was 120

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    If your HDL was 17 and your Dr wasnt concerned I would get a new doctor. Anything under 30 puts you are very high cardiac risk.
    for an extended period of time, yes...he ordered follow-up bloodwork within 6 weeks, and i'm going back tuesday to check...

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    You need to fast for a reason. Don't be too concerned until you do the test right and get the new results. Most oral AAS have a profound effect on cholesterol. There are things you can do before using Rx meds. Like stated above, niacin is great for TG's. "Nicotinic acid (but not nicotinamide) in gram doses produces an average 10-20% reduction in total and LDL cholesterol, a 30-70% reduction in triglycerides, and an average 20-35% increase in HDL cholesterol." taken from rxlist.com. Also policosanol (which octacosanol is a major constituent) is another less well known, but appearantly highly effective supplement for lowering LDL and Total C. Common doses are up to 20mg/d. Doses above this do not seem to be of greater benefit. Downside is it can take some time for full effect to be noticed (weeks to months). http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/n...pol_0207.shtml
    And of course cardio is effective for raising HDL, with effects on LDL and total as well.
    Of course we are now seeing the adverse effects of AAS (orals especially) on cholesterol. So keep this in consideration, and moderation. If you are on more than you are off, you are probably going to see changes (maybe for the worse) in cholesterol and long term CV risk. So it may not be a bad idea to supplement with the above mentioned and see if they can help. Of course Rx therapy is always an option if cholesterol cannot be controlled with OTC supplements etc.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Okay just a lil tips!

I had bloodwork done threee months ago during a cycle of

700mg suspension
    700mg prop a a week
    150mg drol a day
    200mg fina a day
    800mg EQ a week

I was at my third months, so I freaked a lilttle bit, I stopped everything about 5 days from my testing and I used Nolva at 100mg a day, with a nice nolva boost the morning of the test, everything went back fine in the normal.

No I am not on nolvedex now, I am out of my last cycle for a good 3 months now. I have only done 3-4 cycles total over 3 years. It has to be what I ate, I ate at dennys' at 12 am,the night before the test, then ate my usual, 3 egg whites, one whole egg, oatmeal, and yogurt. I also had potato chips, I know dont ask, retarded of me, then got my test done. I am going in on Monday, but are a little affraid cause I just returned from Philly, where I it was a little vacation befroe I got my results back, and pigged out on cheesesteaks and Subs, and well you know when your on vacation! I have been back for 4 days now, is that enough time for my system to get back from all that sodium, and crap I ate?

OK, the new numbers came in. Still not good. The only good thing was that my triglicerides dropped from 228 to 102. But the cholesteral stayed the same, at 200. My good cholesteral was at 40 they said it needed to be 45 and my bad cholesteral was 128, and that was supposed to be high. Well I am ****ed now, could it be from my last cycle that I ended in the end of march? I mean I havent eaten fast food in weeks, not that I did alot anyway, but whats the deal? If it is that high for real than I cant take my next cycle of prop/tren /winny? Do I eat too much red meat? I eat alot of protien, maybe too much of it is red meat? I need help!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I believe the help you need would be from your doctor telling you how you should go about lowering your cholesterol. Asking people on a forum will do no good, but asking your doctor about possible meds/approaches would be a better idea.

~SC~

Thread Information