CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot

Joint Discomfort?

Ok everyone I don't know if this can cause a problem with your cycle but I know it sure helps my joints it is an all natural pill called Rudofil from Berkley Labratories. Is this ok to take while on a cycle

MCMARK is offline Associate Member
    dont have an answer to ur question ,but ive heard that adding a little deca to ur cycle does wonders for joints ect,.. just a thought ..gl

BOSTONBEATDOWNS is offline Associate Member
    deca would help alot

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    i found the ingredients of the stuff:

Glucosamine HCl 1500 mg*
    Trans-resveratrol 5 mg*
    COX-II Inhibitor Blend:

Feverfew leaf extract (0.2% parthenolide),
    hops standardized extract,
    turmeric rhizome 675 mg*
    (250 mg)
    (160 mg)
    (40mg

we all know Glucosamine is for joint protection, but i had never heard of trans-resveratrol before, so i looked it up, found a study:

Resveratrol: A medical drug for acute pancreatitis.

Ma ZH, Ma QY.

Division of General Surgery of First Hospital of Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an 710061, Shaanxi Province, China. [email protected].

Accumulating evidence demonstrates that resveratrol, a natural polyphenolic compound extracted from plants, inhibit inflammation when administered. It has direct effects on suppression of platelet coagulation and cytokines production in many experimental models. Because microcirculation occlusion and cytokines over-production is involved in many diseases such as acute pancreatitis (AP), the discovery of resveratrol as platelet and cytokines inhibitors has shed light on the treatment of AP, which still has significant mortality and morbidity. It is anticipated that this natural polyphenol could serve as a therapeutic compound in managing AP through different pathways.

guess it's some sort of natural anti-inflammatory, the turmeric rhizome:

Screening pharmaceutical preparations containing extracts of turmeric rhizome, artichoke leaf, devil's claw root and garlic or salmon oil for antioxidant capacity.

Betancor-Fernandez A, Perez-Galvez A, Sies H, Stahl W.

Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie I, Heinrich-Heine-Universitat Dusseldorf, Postfach 101007, D-40001 Dusseldorf, Germany.

Pharmaceutical preparations derived from natural sources such as vegetables often contain compounds that contribute to the antioxidant defence system and apparently play a role in the protection against degenerative diseases. In the present study, commercial preparations containing extracts of turmeric, artichoke, devil's claw and garlic or salmon oil were investigated. The products were divided into fractions of different polarity, and their antioxidant activity was determined using the Trolox equivalent antioxidant capacity (TEAC) assay. This test is based on the efficacy of the test material to scavenge 2,2'-azino-bis(3-ethylbenzthiazoline-6-sulfonic acid) (ABTS) derived radicals. Total phenols were determined in all fractions as well as specific carotenoids in the most lipophilic fraction to assess their contribution to the antioxidant activity. For comparison, the radical scavenging effect of selected constituents of the extracts such as curcumin, luteolin, kaempferol, chlorogenic acid, harpagoside, beta-carotene and alpha-tocopherol was investigated and compared with that of Trolox. Curcumin, luteolin, kaempferol, chlorogenic acid and beta-carotene showed an antioxidant activity superior to Trolox in the TEAC assay; harpagoside was barely active. All fractions of the turmeric extract preparation exhibited pronounced antioxidant activity, which was assigned to the presence of curcumin and other polyphenols. The antioxidant activity corresponding to the artichoke leaf extract was higher in the aqueous fractions than in the lipophilic fractions. Similarly, devil's claw extract was particularly rich in water-soluble antioxidants. Harpagoside, a major compound in devil's claw, did not contribute significantly to its antioxidant activity. The antioxidant capacity of the garlic preparation was poor in the TEAC assay. That of salmon oil was mainly attributed to vitamin E, which is added to the product for stabilization. In all test preparations, the antioxidant activity was significantly correlated with the content of total phenolic compounds.

some sort of anti-oxidant...feverfew seems to be a natural remedy for migraines, and hops, i found an interesting study on that as well:

In vitro and ex vivo cyclooxygenase inhibition by a hops extract.

Lemay M, Murray MA, Davies A, Roh-Schmidt H, Randolph RK.

Access Business Group LLC, California, USA.

While there has been much research on botanical materials as potential pain-relieving Cox inhibitors, it has not yet been demonstrated that oral consumption of botanical agents can inhibit Cox-2 activity in humans. In particular it would be of interest to determine whether any botanical anti-inflammatory has Cox-1-sparing activity, in order to reduce the risk of gastrointestinal side effects. This two-stage study was designed to first screen a variety of botanicals in vitro, and then to select one or more promising agents to test in human volunteers. Method: Seventeen botanical agents, putative anti-inflammatories or pain-relievers all, were evaluated in vitro for Cox-1 and -2 inhibitory potency and selectivity using a caco-2 cell line with ibuprofen as an active control. A promising compound, a hops extract high in alpha acids, showed a Cox-2/Cox-1 IC50 selectivity ratio of 0.06, compared to 4.2 for ibuprofen. Two different formulations of a standardized hops extract (resin and powder) were compared with ibuprofen in a double-blind, randomized, ex vivo study. Subjects consumed hops powder extract, hops resin extract, or ibuprofen, and provided blood samples before and at intervals for 9 h following the first dose. Plasma was extracted and analyzed in a validated Cox-1 and -2 inhibition assay. Results: There were no differences between active treatments or ibuprofen control in Cox-2 inhibitory action, as indicated by 9-hour Cox-2 Area over the Inhibition Curve (AOC); however, hops powder or hops resin extract produced a 9-hour Cox-1 / Cox-2 AOC ratio of about 0.4 (i.e., some degree of Cox-1 sparing), compared to 1.5 for ibuprofen (i.e. no Cox-1 sparing). Conclusion: Hops exhibited Cox-2 inhibition over 9 hours equivalent to ibuprofen 400 mg but had significant Cox-1 sparing activity relative to ibuprofen. Hops extracts may represent a safe alternative to ibuprofen for non-prescription anti-inflammation.

there you go, all safe...damn, i got bored, sorry...peace

AM

If you have patience, which most people don't, glucosamine/chondroitin w/ MSM really works well. It takes a few weeks before you start to notice the benefits.

birsling is offline Member
    I can't help you with the Rudofil, but I can tell you that adequan injects once/wk can help your joints greatly, and definitely does not interfere with cycle results

where do you get this Adequan? it looks as though its veterinarian grade at the moment, i havent seen any studies yet on human administration, but it's results on animals look very promising...

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnatomicallyBlessed
    If you have patience, which most people don't, glucosamine/chondroitin w/ MSM really works well. It takes a few weeks before you start to notice the benefits.
    BINGO!!!!!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    i found the ingredients of the stuff:

Glucosamine HCl 1500 mg*
    Trans-resveratrol 5 mg*
    COX-II Inhibitor Blend:

Feverfew leaf extract (0.2% parthenolide),
    hops standardized extract,
    turmeric rhizome 675 mg*
    (250 mg)
    (160 mg)
    (40mg

we all know Glucosamine is for joint protection, but i had never heard of trans-resveratrol before, so i looked it up, found a study:

Resveratrol: A medical drug for acute pancreatitis.

Ma ZH, Ma QY.

Division of General Surgery of First Hospital of Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an 710061, Shaanxi Province, China. [email protected].

Accumulating evidence demonstrates that resveratrol, a natural polyphenolic compound extracted from plants, inhibit inflammation when administered. It has direct effects on suppression of platelet coagulation and cytokines production in many experimental models. Because microcirculation occlusion and cytokines over-production is involved in many diseases such as acute pancreatitis (AP), the discovery of resveratrol as platelet and cytokines inhibitors has shed light on the treatment of AP, which still has significant mortality and morbidity. It is anticipated that this natural polyphenol could serve as a therapeutic compound in managing AP through different pathways.

guess it's some sort of natural anti-inflammatory, the turmeric rhizome:

Screening pharmaceutical preparations containing extracts of turmeric rhizome, artichoke leaf, devil's claw root and garlic or salmon oil for antioxidant capacity.

Betancor-Fernandez A, Perez-Galvez A, Sies H, Stahl W.

Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie I, Heinrich-Heine-Universitat Dusseldorf, Postfach 101007, D-40001 Dusseldorf, Germany.

Pharmaceutical preparations derived from natural sources such as vegetables often contain compounds that contribute to the antioxidant defence system and apparently play a role in the protection against degenerative diseases. In the present study, commercial preparations containing extracts of turmeric, artichoke, devil's claw and garlic or salmon oil were investigated. The products were divided into fractions of different polarity, and their antioxidant activity was determined using the Trolox equivalent antioxidant capacity (TEAC) assay. This test is based on the efficacy of the test material to scavenge 2,2'-azino-bis(3-ethylbenzthiazoline-6-sulfonic acid) (ABTS) derived radicals. Total phenols were determined in all fractions as well as specific carotenoids in the most lipophilic fraction to assess their contribution to the antioxidant activity. For comparison, the radical scavenging effect of selected constituents of the extracts such as curcumin, luteolin, kaempferol, chlorogenic acid, harpagoside, beta-carotene and alpha-tocopherol was investigated and compared with that of Trolox. Curcumin, luteolin, kaempferol, chlorogenic acid and beta-carotene showed an antioxidant activity superior to Trolox in the TEAC assay; harpagoside was barely active. All fractions of the turmeric extract preparation exhibited pronounced antioxidant activity, which was assigned to the presence of curcumin and other polyphenols. The antioxidant activity corresponding to the artichoke leaf extract was higher in the aqueous fractions than in the lipophilic fractions. Similarly, devil's claw extract was particularly rich in water-soluble antioxidants. Harpagoside, a major compound in devil's claw, did not contribute significantly to its antioxidant activity. The antioxidant capacity of the garlic preparation was poor in the TEAC assay. That of salmon oil was mainly attributed to vitamin E, which is added to the product for stabilization. In all test preparations, the antioxidant activity was significantly correlated with the content of total phenolic compounds.

some sort of anti-oxidant...feverfew seems to be a natural remedy for migraines, and hops, i found an interesting study on that as well:

In vitro and ex vivo cyclooxygenase inhibition by a hops extract.

Lemay M, Murray MA, Davies A, Roh-Schmidt H, Randolph RK.

Access Business Group LLC, California, USA.

While there has been much research on botanical materials as potential pain-relieving Cox inhibitors, it has not yet been demonstrated that oral consumption of botanical agents can inhibit Cox-2 activity in humans. In particular it would be of interest to determine whether any botanical anti-inflammatory has Cox-1-sparing activity, in order to reduce the risk of gastrointestinal side effects. This two-stage study was designed to first screen a variety of botanicals in vitro, and then to select one or more promising agents to test in human volunteers. Method: Seventeen botanical agents, putative anti-inflammatories or pain-relievers all, were evaluated in vitro for Cox-1 and -2 inhibitory potency and selectivity using a caco-2 cell line with ibuprofen as an active control. A promising compound, a hops extract high in alpha acids, showed a Cox-2/Cox-1 IC50 selectivity ratio of 0.06, compared to 4.2 for ibuprofen. Two different formulations of a standardized hops extract (resin and powder) were compared with ibuprofen in a double-blind, randomized, ex vivo study. Subjects consumed hops powder extract, hops resin extract, or ibuprofen, and provided blood samples before and at intervals for 9 h following the first dose. Plasma was extracted and analyzed in a validated Cox-1 and -2 inhibition assay. Results: There were no differences between active treatments or ibuprofen control in Cox-2 inhibitory action, as indicated by 9-hour Cox-2 Area over the Inhibition Curve (AOC); however, hops powder or hops resin extract produced a 9-hour Cox-1 / Cox-2 AOC ratio of about 0.4 (i.e., some degree of Cox-1 sparing), compared to 1.5 for ibuprofen (i.e. no Cox-1 sparing). Conclusion: Hops exhibited Cox-2 inhibition over 9 hours equivalent to ibuprofen 400 mg but had significant Cox-1 sparing activity relative to ibuprofen. Hops extracts may represent a safe alternative to ibuprofen for non-prescription anti-inflammation.

there you go, all safe...damn, i got bored, sorry...peace

AM
    good research!

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Great post Alpha thank you for your time and effort on the research I like the Rudofil and glad I can still take it

yeah, i mainly went after it cuz i was recently diagnosed with RA, and have been looking into as many OTC joint supplements as i can...gotta get off this prednisone and methotrexate some day

birsling is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    where do you get this Adequan? it looks as though its veterinarian grade at the moment, i havent seen any studies yet on human administration, but it's results on animals look very promising...
    You are very correct. Vet grade only to my knowledge. Equine and canine version. I don't know that I can pull up an actual case study on human administration, but I will look through what I have. My statement was based on the experience of peers administering 100mg/once per week, typically into the deltoid. I will look and see. if you want to know more, check out Hooker's anabolic profile on it.

ahh, dammit, just when the profiles go by-by

Thread Information