Thread: AAS test..

Silverbackgorilla is offline Junior Member

AAS test..

My buddy is applying for a job and he is not sure if they test for AAS.. But he wants to safe.. He is currently running test/var 500mg/50mg..

My advice was to drop the var and lower the test to 250mg every week or so and then it wouldnt show up, right? because that is within the accepted range for test levels I believe

Is that correct, or can an AAS test show testosterone coming from outside the body? I dont see how but maybe some of you anatomy/biology guys know..

Ideally he would just drop both test/var, but if he is tested for everything, he doesnt want his test levels to be all screwed up and have clomid/hcg /nolva in his system..

thanks

hopolb33 is offline Junior Member
    Bro tell your friend i highly doubt they will test him for steroids ...And i am 99.9 percent sure about this....Just cost to much money

nomore1324 is offline Associate Member
    im with hopol and the i read the statistic somewhere that 99% of jobs that drug test dont screen for anabolic compounds

I know most jobs dont test, but he is looking at being a Police officer in a big city.. So what do you guys think? I doubt they test, but he is begging me to find out whatever I can..

I told him he should worry more about the Polygraph test, which will ask if he has ever used illegal drugs .. Yikes.. might be messed up there

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    If they were testing for aas your information is all wrong. They wouldn't check for test levels they would check for meatbolites and other things. Some stay in your system for 2.5 years test e and cyp around 1.5 years so he would be ****ered either way.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    If they were testing for aas your information is all wrong. They wouldn't check for test levels they would check for meatbolites and other things. Some stay in your system for 2.5 years test e and cyp around 1.5 years so he would be ****ered either way.
    Thanks bro
    That is what I wasnt sure about, I was just trying to "rationalize" it but I figured it was more complicated than that.. LOL

So basically there is no way to pass if he is using anything at all now.. Except for allowing time to pass?

Anyone know if police depts test for AAS?

It is rare for any agency to test for aas. I actually know some officers of the law who juice. They generally only test for aas in sports. It simply costs too much.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Depends.. didnt you ask about a buddy that is trying to get a job as a cop? I may be wrong, but didnt you also ask about lie detector test and drugs too? If that is the case, and he really wants the job.. then he needs to get off the gear and wait about 12 weeks.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    yup..
    i heard you have to pass a lie detector test.

OneMoreSet is offline Associate Member
    yea that polygraph sucks.. that was all the held me back from that job.. But after talking to a few people that are now on the force I found that if your going to lie make sure you do it and stick to it. Thanks it.
    So I am waiting my year for my file to be expunged and filling out a new app.
    OMS

Georgie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbackgorilla
    My buddy is applying for a job and he is not sure if they test for AAS.. But he wants to safe.. He is currently running test/var 500mg/50mg..

My advice was to drop the var and lower the test to 250mg every week or so and then it wouldnt show up, right? because that is within the accepted range for test levels I believe

Is that correct, or can an AAS test show testosterone coming from outside the body? I dont see how but maybe some of you anatomy/biology guys know..

Ideally he would just drop both test/var, but if he is tested for everything, he doesnt want his test levels to be all screwed up and have clomid/hcg /nolva in his system..

thanks
    No. 250mg/wk will not keep you in normal range. I am currently on HRT and running 250mg/wk. During my last blood test my total test was 1570ng/dl (the scale goes from 241-827) and my free test was > 50 pg/ml (the scale goes from 9.3-26.5). Almost no police departments test for steriods during their drug test. They only test for street drugs. However, there is a very extensive medical examination with complete blood work. His red blood cells will be extremely elevated, liver values may be elevated, his cholesterol may be way out of range, blood pressure is probably going to be jacked up. These are all things that will fail him on the medical.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I know most jobs dont test, but he is looking at being a Police officer in a big city.. So what do you guys think? I doubt they test, but he is begging me to find out whatever I can..

I told him he should worry more about the Polygraph test, which will ask if he has ever used illegal drugs .. Yikes.. might be messed up there
    They won't test for steriods . They'll test him on the polygraph but they're no big deal.
    He'll be fine...

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    polygraph for sure..my best friends sister and mom are both cops ..and they were polygraphed.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    They won't test for steriods . They'll test him on the polygraph but they're no big deal.
    He'll be fine...
    Not true. Yes, the polygraph is not all that big of a deal. But the medical exam is what will get him. His values in blood will be way out of range.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie
    Not true. Yes, the polygraph is not all that big of a deal. But the medical exam is what will get him. His values in blood will be way out of range.
    Their not gonna check his test levels or anything relevent to AS.
    He'll be fine...I'd take that one to the bank

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    Their not gonna check his test levels or anything relevent to AS.
    He'll be fine...I'd take that one to the bank
    I respectfully disagree. You are correct in saying his test levels will not be tested. However, you are dead wrong on the "anything relevent to AS" comment. A physical along with complete blood work up will be done, and AS will cause many blood values to be out of range such as lipids, alkaline phosphate serum, AST, ALT, red blood cell count, hemoglobin, hematocrit, and BUN, just to name a few. Also, we all know that AS can increase blood pressure to abnormal levels. These are all things that will cause a person to fail the medical (if they are out of normal range). Not maybe will cause a person to fail the medical, but definately cause a person to fail the medical.

I respectfully disagree. You are correct in saying his test levels will not be tested. However, you are dead wrong on the "anything relevent to AS" comment. A physical along with complete blood work up will be done, and AS will cause many blood values to be out of range such as lipids, alkaline phosphate serum, AST, ALT, red blood cell count, hemoglobin, hematocrit, and BUN, just to name a few. Also, we all know that AS can increase blood pressure to abnormal levels. These are all things that will cause a person to fail the medical (if they are out of normal range). Not maybe will cause a person to fail the medical, but definately cause a person to fail the medical.
    So is it better to go ahead and quit his current cycle.. run some clomid/nolvadex and have medical check done possibly while taking the clomid/nolva?

Or stay on say 250mg every week and have the medical test?

My friend and myself thank you guys for the advice..

Here is the breakdown. If they test for aas then he is going to fail regardless of what he does in the next year with that said it is pointless to end a cycle early. I highly doubt they are going to test though.

So is it better to go ahead and quit his current cycle.. run some clomid/nolvadex and have medical check done possibly while taking the clomid/nolva?

Or stay on say 250mg every week and have the medical test?

My friend and myself thank you guys for the advice..

I can't tell you that. The only way to be sure is to have blood drawn and see just where everything is at. Tell your friend to go to the doctor and have a complete blood work up done. Even if he were to stop now, that does not guarentee everything is going to come back down to normal. It takes time. Where exactly is he in the process? The medical exam is usually the last thing you take. So your friend might have time. The hiring process start to finish usually takes about a year. Fyi, if you are going to have a blood test done, go to a doctor other than your regular doctor. Before you take the medical they make you sign a release to obtain your medical records from your family doctor. Its probably not a huge deal, but its best to give only so much information. The whole hiring process is actually very intrusive, they dig into various aspects of your life pretty deeply.
    Last edited by Georgie; 06-22-2005 at 11:39 PM.

I can't tell you that. The only way to be sure is to have blood drawn and see just where everything is at. Tell your friend to go to the doctor and have a complete blood work up done. Even if he were to stop now, that does not guarentee everything is going to come back down to normal. It takes time. Where exactly is he in the process? The medical exam is usually the last thing you take. So your friend might have time. The hiring process start to finish usually takes about a year. Fyi, if you are going to have a blood test done, go to a doctor other than your regular doctor. Before you take the medical they make you sign a release to obtain your medical records from your family doctor. Its probably not a huge deal, but its best to give only so much information. The whole hiring process is actually very intrusive, they dig into various aspects of your life pretty deeply.
    He just turned his application in today.. From what they told him, it can take a few months for the whole process..Didnt say exactly how long, but the medical is the last thing(as you said).. So I dont know what to tell him.. Its a tough situation..

Thread Information