Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    pound4lb. is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    24

    Did AAS help you recover from injury?

    Did AAS help you recover from injury that you could not recover from otherwise?

    I put on 17lbs (lean) in last year without AAS and a fairly poor diet. I am happy with my progress, but I am still 20lbs down from my prime and I feel that my lowerback is holding me back. BTW I herniated two disk when I was 21yo (5yrs ago). My back has hurt ever since (even though the doc says I'm healed). No amount of rehab seems to help anymore.

    I can't squat or deadlift heavy anymore... Will AAS help me heal? On another note do any of you squat using the Hip Belt from IRONMIND (or similiar?)

    Best regards
    Last edited by pound4lb.; 06-23-2005 at 10:03 PM.

  2. #2
    BALLASTATUS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    14
    ive only heard about people injuring themselves ON AAS dawg

  3. #3
    pound4lb. is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    24
    Thanks, anyone else have any thoughts on this?

  4. #4
    mr.biceps58 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    74
    Yes steroids can help ease back pain if you dont use anti-estrogens. Testosterones cause water retention which acts as a cushioning affect on the disk..Test also strenghtens core muscles helping take even further pressure off your disk.

    Now what you dont want to do is heavy squats-rows or deadlifts.. You will probably never be able to train legs very heavy..I never have after having multiple surgeries on my lower back. You should stick to working legs on a machine that supports your lower back and stick to exercises that dont irritate it..

  5. #5
    crizoc's Avatar
    crizoc is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    146
    of course, why u think pitchers use it!

  6. #6
    pound4lb. is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.biceps58
    Yes steroids can help ease back pain if you dont use anti-estrogens. Testosterones cause water retention which acts as a cushioning affect on the disk..Test also strenghtens core muscles helping take even further pressure off your disk.

    Now what you dont want to do is heavy squats-rows or deadlifts.. You will probably never be able to train legs very heavy..I never have after having multiple surgeries on my lower back. You should stick to working legs on a machine that supports your lower back and stick to exercises that dont irritate it..
    That is good news. Is this something that I could maintain after a couple of cycles? Or will I continually have to cycle to maintain the cushioning and strength?

    I know you're right about training my legs...I just wish it wasn't true. Have you tried a belt that allows you to hang the weights between your legs?

  7. #7
    ward065's Avatar
    ward065 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    what did you do to cause the bad back injury if i can ask?

  8. #8
    keylock is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    wa
    Posts
    359
    I all so heve 2 herniated disk and latle my back has ben going out often. So I was going to do a tren - prop - var cycle instean I threw in d-bol for the first 4 weeks just for the water retinshon. Its only temparare releif but it feels so much better when Im on d-bol, deca , or sompthing that makes you hold watter.

  9. #9
    keylock is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    wa
    Posts
    359
    all so I think I do more damage when Im on because I feel like I can life heave agin. I need to disuplin my self, know my limits.(stop showing off)

  10. #10
    pound4lb. is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    what did you do to cause the bad back injury if i can ask?
    Ran with a 210lb guy on my back for about a mile...

  11. #11
    pound4lb. is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by keylock
    all so I think I do more damage when Im on because I feel like I can life heave agin. I need to disuplin my self, know my limits.(stop showing off)
    Whenever I start feeling healthy, I start hitting it hard again-I always regret it later. I miss the intesity of heavy deads and squats-nothing compares!

  12. #12
    keylock is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    wa
    Posts
    359
    Tru that, all so I feel like Im getting top heavy because lifting legs so light.

  13. #13
    pound4lb. is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    24
    keylock,
    If I ever buy this squat belt like I've been planning for years, I'll remember this thread and drop you a PM if it works.

  14. #14
    thejuiceisloose's Avatar
    thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,968
    Well when I was working out naturally I had actually felt a tiny weird pain in my shoulder, not enough to stop working out but enough to not go really heavy. When I did my did Test E/Deca cycle the pain went away even in PCT, & to this day no pain.

    ~thheJuice~

  15. #15
    pound4lb. is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by thejuiceisloose
    Well when I was working out naturally I had actually felt a tiny weird pain in my shoulder, not enough to stop working out but enough to not go really heavy. When I did my did Test E/Deca cycle the pain went away even in PCT, & to this day no pain.

    ~thheJuice~
    I heard stories like this when I was in the service; however, it was always shoulder related. I'm curious anyone have story relating to their knees?

  16. #16
    keylock is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    wa
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by pound4lb.
    keylock,
    If I ever buy this squat belt like I've been planning for years, I'll remember this thread and drop you a PM if it works.

    cool bro

  17. #17
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    No did not

    GH did tho

  18. #18
    keylock is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    wa
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    No did not

    GH did tho
    what the f**K

  19. #19
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by keylock
    what the f**K

  20. #20
    keylock is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    wa
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    why dont you have all that stuff in english? all so what did gh help?

  21. #21
    mr.biceps58 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by pound4lb.
    That is good news. Is this something that I could maintain after a couple of cycles? Or will I continually have to cycle to maintain the cushioning and strength?

    I know you're right about training my legs...I just wish it wasn't true. Have you tried a belt that allows you to hang the weights between your legs?
    Good question..In my particular case the pain came back after my first cycle and then left again on my second cycle. After about 4 cycles my back was built up enough to get by without staying on but I will continue to cycle because I am able to do so much more when taking testosterone .

    I am a bad candidate for taking anti-es because they worsen my pain. I have had a total of ten lower back operations in the past. If it werent for taking steroids I would have never been able to get back into bodybuilding.

  22. #22
    MBaraso's Avatar
    MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,611
    Quote Originally Posted by keylock
    why dont you have all that stuff in english? all so what did gh help?
    Maybe because his first language isn't english. I understood it just fine...

  23. #23
    keylock is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    wa
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.biceps58
    Good question..In my particular case the pain came back after my first cycle and then left again on my second cycle. After about 4 cycles my back was built up enough to get by without staying on but I will continue to cycle because I am able to do so much more when taking testosterone .

    I am a bad candidate for taking anti-es because they worsen my pain. I have had a total of ten lower back operations in the past. If it werent for taking steroids I would have never been able to get back into bodybuilding.
    Whats the recovory time on back surg?

  24. #24
    keylock is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    wa
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    Maybe because his first language isn't english. I understood it just fine...
    I didnt ask you but if your so smart maybe you could answer my d-bol thead.

  25. #25
    MBaraso's Avatar
    MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,611
    Quote Originally Posted by keylock
    I didnt ask you but if your so smart maybe you could answer my d-bol thead.
    Yeah u didn't ask me but I told ya. So what?

  26. #26
    Chenko is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    63
    the reason I got on the gear was that I have a bad lower back. I Need to train my lower abs and stablizing muscles in the abdominal area. Atleast thats what the doc, chiro, massage and physio tell me. Also some lower back exercise. I have to say that since on it my lower back seems to be a lot stronger and I would think that if I wasnt on the gear it would take a lot longer to get to this point. I work in a warehouse and lift for 8-12 hours at my job. The back takes a shit kicking and since on the gear my whole body can handle my job way better. The strength alone in my arms and shoulders takes some of the strain off the back and with the back itself its much stronger. I have to say I love the gear for that reason. Plus I get the benefits of being bigger. I will be going back to the doctor to talk with him about alternate options for my back and will ask about the gear. Maybe I'll get lucky and he will so ok lets try it and hook my up with gear of my own. I ofcourse have no intention of selling it.... it would be only what I need to keep my back in order.

  27. #27
    pound4lb. is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.biceps58
    Good question..In my particular case the pain came back after my first cycle and then left again on my second cycle. After about 4 cycles my back was built up enough to get by without staying on but I will continue to cycle because I am able to do so much more when taking testosterone .

    I am a bad candidate for taking anti-es because they worsen my pain. I have had a total of ten lower back operations in the past. If it werent for taking steroids I would have never been able to get back into bodybuilding.
    Thank you for the follow up. Sounds promising. Good luck on a continued recovery!

  28. #28
    dragon69 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    877
    gear is not going to help you here, it will only mask the pain for a while, meanwhile you're shit-kicking your spinal disks even more....not a good idea. I know because I treat spinal disk conditions on a daily basis. Unfortunately I also seem to be one of the FEW who actually know how to PROPERLY treat these conditions.
    Don't just mask it, get it treated....or you will hate yourself later. I do understand the frustration in trying to get treatment and having few things work for you.
    If any of you are in the vancouver area, PM me and I'll let you know how to hook up and get this dealt with.

  29. #29
    keylock is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    wa
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon69
    gear is not going to help you here, it will only mask the pain for a while, meanwhile you're shit-kicking your spinal disks even more....not a good idea. I know because I treat spinal disk conditions on a daily basis. Unfortunately I also seem to be one of the FEW who actually know how to PROPERLY treat these conditions.
    Don't just mask it, get it treated....or you will hate yourself later. I do understand the frustration in trying to get treatment and having few things work for you.
    If any of you are in the vancouver area, PM me and I'll let you know how to hook up and get this dealt with.

    But wont it give your disk time for the swelling to go down?

  30. #30
    pound4lb. is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon69
    gear is not going to help you here, it will only mask the pain for a while, meanwhile you're shit-kicking your spinal disks even more....not a good idea. I know because I treat spinal disk conditions on a daily basis. Unfortunately I also seem to be one of the FEW who actually know how to PROPERLY treat these conditions.
    Don't just mask it, get it treated....or you will hate yourself later. I do understand the frustration in trying to get treatment and having few things work for you.
    If any of you are in the vancouver area, PM me and I'll let you know how to hook up and get this dealt with.
    I'm nowhere near Vancouver and am too new to PM. Drop me an e-mail I would appreciate any advice you willing to share.

  31. #31
    3Vandoo's Avatar
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bandit County
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by keylock
    why dont you have all that stuff in english? all so what did gh help?

    Let see what I wrote!

    No did not: Meaning that gears does not help healing an injury!

    Gh did tho: Growth Hormones did though!

    tho is an abrevative slang for though
    and GH is the abreviation for Growth Hormone AKA HGH, Human Growh Hormone or Also HGH Horse GH or ....

    thank you

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •