THE CROW is offline Associate Member

Deca only cycle? Help!!

I need some opinions. A friend of mine wants to do deca only to help with a shoulder injury. he's old school. he thinks deca heals, I know it lubricates the joints. that's why I need some advice. if it will benefit? if so, what dose? he is 5' 4" and wieghs about 190 trying to cut some fat too. he might just be screwed. I know his shoulder is!! maybee a cortizone shot and lay off?

topgun1983 is offline Banned
    your mate!!! whatever...
    you should be fine. 200mg/l per week is a mild dose that will cushion the joints and produce solid gains. deca is good for keeping gains. dont worry about test shut down at that level.
    i did the same for my arthritus and have had wonderful results.

THE CROW is offline Associate Member
    Thanks Top GUN, I was wondering about the test shut down myself! Oh! Ya! it is a buddy ! if it was for me I would just say so. I myself wouldn't do deca by itself. thats why I was stumped.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont have the post on the computer im currently at, but it said that as little as 100mg of deca will shut you down! I believe it was also in Hooker's deca profile, however the profiles forum has disappeared for some reason right now. Throw some test in there

sasquatch is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, I have never taken Deca by itself, but I think any amount of it can give you deca dick.
    As far as gains goes, deca alone is much less anabolic and androgenic than test, so you'd probably need about 400mg/week for around 12 weeks to see any noticeable gains.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    of course deca will shut you down, but at those levels, why not just add a small amt. of test, say maybe 250mg/wk, then run a lil clomid at the end and your straight...

topgun--what kind of arthritis do you have? i was recently diagnosed with RA, and have considered using some deca for it...wondered what the specifics of your condition were...you can PM me if youd rather...thanks

AM

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    yes 200mg deca will only shut you down add some test to it

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    of course deca will shut you down, but at those levels, why not just add a small amt. of test, say maybe 250mg/wk, then run a lil clomid at the end and your straight...

topgun--what kind of arthritis do you have? i was recently diagnosed with RA, and have considered using some deca for it...wondered what the specifics of your condition were...you can PM me if youd rather...thanks

AM
    psoriatic arthritus. I have limited Rhumatoid at the moment but may increase as im only 22!!
    psoriatic arthritus is linked to the skin disease psoriasis. So swelling induced by stress, smoke, etc....
    i am going to say this hand on heart. i did 200mg/wk put on a solid stone and a half in 12 weeks. no side effects such as deca dick. im on day 5 after the last injection starting clomid on day 21.
    cushioned my joints very well and made heavy weights non stressful.
    Very tempted to hit deca again, with test enanthate this time. did dbol too but wouldnt reccomend at all as bloaty and massively counterfeited.
    any other q's?

^val^ is offline New Member
    It's not absolutely certain that deca will shut him down or give him deca dick. How old is your friend? If he's below 25 years old the chances are usually minimal. Will it be his first cycle?
    200mg/wk is fine for his shoulder but if he also wants to see some gains i think he may have to double that dose as 200mg is just a little more anabolic than his own physical test production.

oh, i was proscribed it as when my knee swells my quad shuts down. Therefore if the knee is constantly swolen due to arthritus, the quad is minimally usable. deca helped protein synthesis in my knee and boosted previously stubborn growth.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ^val^
    It's not absolutely certain that deca will shut him down or give him deca dick. How old is your friend? If he's below 25 years old the chances are usually minimal. Will it be his first cycle?
    200mg/wk is fine for his shoulder but if he also wants to see some gains i think he may have to double that dose as 200mg is just a little more anabolic than his own physical test production.
    How do you figure its not absolutely certain deca will shut down his natrual test production?

can you still get hard that whole time and not have natral test production?
    if not, then i back up the assertation that it wont defo shut down
    if yes, then i cant wait for my clomid!

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    My first cycle was deca only. 10 weeks at 400mg. Great gains. Sexual function was completely normal up until PCT. That's when I started having problems maintaining wood. But that's just me.

i think the word needed here is suppressed...it will def. suppress even at low doses, but it doesnt mean you cant get a hard-on...

hey topgun...you take methotrexate or prednisone? im only 29 and i thought that was young, but apparently, RA can hit those as young as 7! i feel mine is in remission, thank god, but who knows how long ill need these meds...would much rather hit some deca and test

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    yes 200mg deca will only shut you down add some test to it
    agreed, even at 200mgs/wk it will still shut u down... one of my buds did that and felt like total $hit and got deca dick so i would atleast through in 400mgs of test a wk

i think the word needed here is suppressed...it will def. suppress even at low doses, but it doesnt mean you cant get a hard-on...

hey topgun...you take methotrexate or prednisone? im only 29 and i thought that was young, but apparently, RA can hit those as young as 7! i feel mine is in remission, thank god, but who knows how long ill need these meds...would much rather hit some deca and test
    methotrexate (with folic acid) currently yes....nasty. get migraenes. bad for the liver too. stopped when on roids as you can imagint eh problems with liver count. Used sulphasalazene...nasty too. many side effects.
    never used prednisone.
    having a radioactive injection called ytrium this summer. it kills the cells in my knee and its half life halves every day for a year.

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    how old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by JdFlex
    How do you figure its not absolutely certain deca will shut down his natrual test production?
    because it doesh't shut down mine, i cant be the only one..

because it doesh't shut down mine, i cant be the only one..
    yes, it DOES suppress it...have you had bloodwork done mid/post cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger909
    how old are you?
    22. see above

yes, it DOES suppress it...have you had bloodwork done mid/post cycle?
    i didh't say it doesh't suppress it. I said it doesh't suppress mine, at least not to a great extent...at least thats what my blood tests mid & post cycle are showing..

[QUOTE=^val^]i didh't say it doesh't suppress it. I said it doesh't suppress mine, at least not to a great extentQUOTE]

i was debating "extent"...we were talking either it does suppress it or it doesnt...and as you just admitted, it does

mohawkman is offline Associate Member
    i did a deca only cycle about 3 years ago , it was my first cycle and i dont think i have fully recovered even after following up with two cycles of test. i would not recomend it for anyone.my two cents
    peace
    Mohawk

Hollywood Harv is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JdFlex
    My first cycle was deca only. 10 weeks at 400mg. Great gains. Sexual function was completely normal up until PCT. That's when I started having problems maintaining wood. But that's just me.

Exact samething happened to me...pecker went died during PCT for about 2 weeks.

[QUOTE=Alpha-Male]
    i didh't say it doesh't suppress it. I said it doesh't suppress mine, at least not to a great extentQUOTE]

i was debating "extent"...we were talking either it does suppress it or it doesnt...and as you just admitted, it does

I've never had any unpleasant sexual/libido side effects from deca , on the contrary in fact. Even on deca only. In other words i can always get it up, keep it up and finish in time for a cup of tea.
    So my answer to you is this: *yes* deca does suppress the HPTA, but *not* for every single bber. Good enough?

dood, final words: just b/c you can get your lil carrot hard, doesnt mean your HPTA is not suppressed...comprende?

mohawkman is offline Associate Member
    i see no reason to risk it when all you have to do is throw in some test and reap better gains

dood, final words: just b/c you can get your lil carrot hard, doesnt mean your HPTA is not suppressed...comprende?
    ok dude, i'll put my faith in you and not to my blood test results LOL

ok dude, i'll put my faith in you and not to my blood test results LOL
    unless you can post bloodwork precycle compared to this purported bloodwork during that didnt show suppressed test levels, please, let it go...

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't get deca dick, it sucks. Always take at least equal amount of test with Deca for the majority. I believe in precontest (if you compete) conditioning you may take all androgens out of the cycle 2 weeks before a show for the cutting cycle. But a lot of the bodybuilders I knew didn't desire sex when they were in that part of their program. I don't think Deca by itself was the main culprit though?

I did a deca only cycle for 2 months with no knowledge and I felt depressed at the end. You shut down and almost feel like a woman with PMS. Not fun and your not going to bleed between the legs to end it either. You have to recover with a little test for immediate relief then HCG until your back to baseline.

unless you can post bloodwork precycle compared to this purported bloodwork during that didnt show suppressed test levels, please, let it go...
    no worries, as soon as i return to my parents house for summer, i'll do it first thing..just for you

that's cool, in the meantime, here's a study to tide you over...

"completed a 21-day placebo-controlled inpatient metabolic ward study comparing intramuscular (i.m.) placebo (n = 7) with low-dose (65 mg/week; n = 4) and high-dose (200 mg/week; n = 7) nandrolone decanoate, a testosterone analogue. Nitrogen balance, stable isotope-mass spectrometric measurement of de novo lipogenesis (DNL), resting energy expenditure, and gonadal hormone levels were measured. Both low-dose and high-dose nandrolone resulted in significant nitrogen retention (33-52 g nitrogen/14 days, representing gains of 0.5 to 0.9 kg lean tissue/week) compared with placebo (loss of 11 g nitrogen/week). This was reflected biochemically in a borderline significant reduction of high DNL (p < .06). Serum testosterone and gonadotropins were suppressed whereas resting energy expenditure was unchanged by nandrolone treatment."

here's the link for the full read, if you like...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...900&query_hl=5

peace, AM

Thread Information