GG4321 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Doctor...what do i do!!!

whats up guys...well im finally fed up with this lump ive had on my ass for the last week between getting fevers not being able to sleep nd made a doctors appointment....my questions is should i tell the doctor exactly what happened or is there an alternative....i dont know really how doctors are with this shit so i was wondering if ne of u had anything similar happen...thanks guys

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I would tell him that you were injecting B-12. If he asked where you got it I would tell him through a doc out of town while you were visiting someone... Tell him you thought you had mono and the doc said that these injections would help, they gave you one at the office then you were to 1 more cc in a month or two- you wished you would have kept the vial to show him- and you did not have them give you the shot because you did not need the extra bill(then say how ironic huh?)

Learn it, he will believe.

doesnt b12 increase ur appetite....would it be wrong to say i was taking b12 as a weight gainer to make me want to eat more??

It also helps with energy levels.

THE CROW is offline Associate Member
    I would just tell doc. I had the same thing happen.I told every body else it was a spider bite but I knew the doc wouldn't buy it. don't think you can get in any trouble because of confidentiality between you and doc. he might give you some shit about it, oh well. his concern is to treat it for you. that's what he gets paid for Bro !

boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    Be straight up with him. It is not like he is going to the cops with your illness.

duke911 is offline Junior Member
    If you're not going to tell him the truth then dont even bother to go. IMO

sasquatch is offline Associate Member
    Right. Absolutely no sense in lying to your doc. You can't honestly expect an accurate diagnosis if you dont tell him thr truth.
    Like if you tell him it's a spiderbite or something, an IV of spiderbite anti-venon ain't gonna do you a whole lot of good.

All three of these guys have no idea that...
    1) you insurance can get ahold and deny you coverage, if you change insurance companies and they are entitled to previous history will deny you future coverage

2) If you ever get into legal trouble the law can get access to your records... If drug charges or violent offence guilty or not they will use this against you.

3) this is do to an injection, unsterile conditions or compound could have caused it, or multiple injects into same area... The doc cannot distiguish between b-12 and testosterone .

4) it is an absess more than likely... not a heart condition in which case I would tell the doctor. Do you want this in your medical records for ever? If on hrt ok, but if you are younger and you ever want coverage for your children they might not get it because of you. again absess let the doc drain it or give you antibiotics...

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    1) you insurance can get ahold and deny you coverage, if you change insurance companies and they are entitled to previous history will deny you future coverage

2) If you ever get into legal trouble the law can get access to your records... If drug charges or violent offence guilty or not they will use this against you.

3) this is do to an injection, unsterile conditions or compound could have caused it, or multiple injects into same area... The doc cannot distiguish between b-12 and testosterone .

4) it is an absess more than likely... not a heart condition in which case I would tell the doctor. Do you want this in your medical records for ever? If on hrt ok, but if you are younger and you ever want coverage for your children they might not get it because of you. again absess let the doc drain it or give you antibiotics...
    ill second that, go the b12 route bro... infections happen due to unsterile conditions like said the doc wont be able to tell whether test or b12

it was winny not test if that means nethign

Quote Originally Posted by GG4321
    it was winny not test if that means nethign
    means nothing... and if it is winny are you sure that you just arent sore from the shot??? you said fever.. so.., is the area red or hot to the touch?

duke911 is offline Junior Member
    I stand corrected. All good points mesomorphyl !

Quote Originally Posted by duke911
    I stand corrected. All good points mesomorphyl !
    Its all good, and takes a man to stand up like you did...

paulastone is offline Member

I dont know the law in usa but here in canada you can tell your doc to keep a conversation off the record and he cant put shit in! My Doc dont add anything aas related or antiE in my file. and about 1 year ago I had to do a big physicle for life insurance! they did a background check and all.

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by duke911
    If you're not going to tell him the truth then dont even bother to go. IMO

Fo real...tell him the truth...he's not going to arrest you, just preach a little...

Quote Originally Posted by doctorherb
    Fo real...tell him the truth...he's not going to arrest you, just preach a little...
    Why put yourself through that if...

ATTENTION GG4321: Think about it. Does this guy care if you get insurance? Does he care if legal issues are brought against you in the future. NO. Just think.
    Last edited by Mesomorphyl; 06-23-2005 at 03:09 PM.

ight jus got back from the doctor, i told him my girlfriends a nurse and gave me a b12 shot to help prevent mono...it worked but as the conversation went on i could tell he wouldnt of cared if i told him it was from a winny shot but i got so into my lie that i would of felt like a dick...he gave me a prescription to some medicine levaquin and celebrex..he thinks its some kind of infection but these pills will most likely get rid of it...do u think he would of given me anything different if i told him it were winny instead of the b12 or do u guys think im set on this??? thanks guys

Defconx3 is offline Member
    No, that treatment seems normal for moderate absesses. You should be ok.

crizoc is offline Banned
    In USA theres something called Private Confidentiality. Also look up HIPAA and read more on their site. Anyways he cant really do anything unless you are planning to harm yourself, especially in a suicidal way, or harm someone else. Since you are not falling under either, you're safe. Just tell him you got a wierd lump in your glute and you are worried it came from anabolic steroid use . He might tell you to think twice about using them, but as you're physician he will most likely just help you. The only other thing he can do is give you a letter telling you that he can no longer be you're doctor (in fear of something happening to you and suffering a malpractice lawsuit). But most likely he'll just help you. Stay safe.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member

Damn good advice

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crizoc
    In USA theres something called Private Confidentiality. Also look up HIPAA and read more on their site. Anyways he cant really do anything unless you are planning to harm yourself, especially in a suicidal way, or harm someone else. Since you are not falling under either, you're safe. Just tell him you got a wierd lump in your glute and you are worried it came from anabolic steroid use. He might tell you to think twice about using them, but as you're physician he will most likely just help you. The only other thing he can do is give you a letter telling you that he can no longer be you're doctor (in fear of something happening to you and suffering a malpractice lawsuit). But most likely he'll just help you. Stay safe.

Well as a Nurse Practitioner - I have to put down what my patient says during any exam as to the reasons behind their illness as part of my History and Physical. I have to list AAS use if the patient mentions it. When you get insurance - the insurance company has you sign a document as to any pre - existing conditions. They are able to look at your records as part of that. HIPAA protects no one. Now if I worked in primary care instead of the ER - and I had a good relationship with a patient - I might not list that.

Charged_UP is offline Associate Member
    What the hell do u care if of that ur putting in ur ass.

Thread Information