elite2kr is offline Member

not really a steriod question but...

Whats a good carbohydrate drink to use pre workout?

would NOW carbo gain be ok?

NOW Carbo Gain is a 100% pure complex carbohydrate supplement derived from maltodextrin, an easily digestible blend of complex carbohydrates from corn starch. Maltodextrin contains "glucose polymers", linked sugar compounds that are easier for the body to assimilate and use. Glucose polymers are metabolized at a slow, steady rate that can help to sustain energy levels during endurance-oriented workouts and/or athletic events and support weight gain. Carbo Gain contains virtually no protein, fat or fiber and is a convenient source of energy for active individuals.

Serving Size: 1/2 Cup (50 g)
    Servings Per Container: 63

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 190
    Total Carbohydrates 47g 15%
    Sugars 2g
    Carbo Powder 50g

Ingredients:
    100% Pure Maltodextrin from corn.

Directions: Mix a 1/2 cup of Carbo Gain in each 16 oz. of water or juice. Consume before, during and after intense exercise for best results. Double this recipe if engaging in prolonged exertion of 2 hours or more.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    You don't have to post only steroid questions on this board, but it would probably be a good idea to post non-steroid questions in the appropriate forums. Just be aware this will probably get moved.

I'm not a big pre-workout guy other than to make sure I have enough cals to get through my workout. If I feel like I need a boost I prefer to pop 200mg caffeine about 1/2 hour before my workout. I've yet to find a supplement that I feel actually makes a noticeable impact on my workouts. Granted, I am doing a lot more than just lifting weights as an athlete, but it just seems like most of them are a lot of money for very little benefit.

Defconx3 is offline Member
    Your title should be a hint that this is not the right forum...

hexadec is offline Junior Member
    When bulking I like a carb/protein preworkout meal. I think it helps if I've been working hard all day. I also get a better pump if I have a small meal about an hour before a workout. You can sip a carb/protein drink during and after if you're really drained. I dont think it's necessary if you're aiming to reduce bodyfat.

Thread Information