Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    smiler is offline Senior Member

no bs how much booze

i know many bbs on serious gear who drink serious.i have even seen jat cutler write about his drinking. just curious who drinks while on gear? how much? do you test your liver values? be honest many drink everyday.

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    i personally dont drink at all i only do if its absolutely necessary(although it never is). the way i see it is if im already pushing it i dont wanna go too far. like for example my sister is getting married in a month so ill drink at the wedding, ill just make sure to take some milk thistle the next day and drink tons of water, as for drinking on weekends, i never do it while on cycle...
    anyone else?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I don't, if I do I may have a beer or 2 during the cycle, but I'm not of a drinker anymore. Beside alcohol as useless carbs in it

JohnnyB

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i never drink whilst on cycle,in my younger days i did but not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    I don't, if I do I may have a beer or 2 during the cycle, but I'm not of a drinker anymore. Beside alcohol as useless carbs in it

JohnnyB
    not all has carbs. in fact bacardi advertises rum and diet coke =no calories and no carbs

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I drink JD or Crown and coke and fukin lots of it at that every weekend. I go out and party till I cant move and DONT move for the next day and a half....recuperating.

I can't stop it, I know its horrible, but I'm not on gear at the moment and most likely wont do it again (did 2 cycles) because I'd gain all week then lose it all on the weekend, let alone kill my liver, kidneys etc even more.

so, do I drink yes, alot yes, did I juice .. unfortunately yes... can I stop no, will I do juice again,

who the fuk am i kidding YES!

but, I WONT DRINK

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    dood, i used to drink pretty heavy on some cycles, but recently, i was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and the drugs i'm taking are VERY harsh on the liver (have to be monitored monthly)...now maybe a few beers on Sunday when i have my cheat day...

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    not all has carbs. in fact bacardi advertises rum and diet coke =no calories and no carbs

all alcohol has carbs in it. Alcohol is nothing but fermented sugar. Ex, if Michelob Ultra only has 3 grams of carbs, that would be only 12 calories in the beer, but it has about 100 calories. Where do the rest come from? It certainly doesnt come from protein or fat so it has to come from alcohol.

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Ive cut mine down and havent gotten drunk while in my cycle and appear to be ok

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    all alcohol has carbs in it. Alcohol is nothing but fermented sugar. Ex, if Michelob Ultra only has 3 grams of carbs, that would be only 12 calories in the beer, but it has about 100 calories. Where do the rest come from? It certainly doesnt come from protein or fat so it has to come from alcohol.
    sorry but you are mistaking...light(clear) rum+diet cola= 0 carbs...check it on bacardi rums site

j martini is offline Member
    I havent drunk any alcohol in 3 years

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry but you are mistaking...light(clear) rum+diet cola= 0 carbs...check it on bacardi rums site

alcohol is sugar, sugar is a carb, and carbs contain calories. They dont say that in their advertisements b/c it wouldnt be good marketing, esp with the whole low carb craze.

j martini is offline Member
    Its the asme thing with these low carb protein bars they contain sugar alcohols which do not have to be listed as carbs.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    all alcohol has trace elements of carbs. simple fact. very very litlte, less than 1 carb per serving, and that is with all unsweetened hard liquor. so bacardi regular and light basicaly have close to the same carb content, caloricaly the two are different.

nickm748 is offline Associate Member
    I drink sometimes

moranitotongano is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't suggest drinking while on cycle.

Bertz is offline Associate Member
    I went from drinking 3 to 4 times a week to once a week... i stoped all together for the first couple weeks... but then my birthday, and visitors and women and alla that.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    my first couple cycles i was drinking 6 days a week some weeks ed. i took a break from drinking on cycle 3 and starting eating more and my bench went up by 25 pounds from one week to the next. since then i've been trying to hold it to a minumum, but there are those weekends where i forget that and i don't step foot in the gym.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    my first couple cycles i was drinking 6 days a week some weeks ed. i took a break from drinking on cycle 3 and starting eating more and my bench went up by 25 pounds from one week to the next. since then i've been trying to hold it to a minumum, but there are those weekends where i forget that and i don't step foot in the gym.
    i also had similar results. drinking makes your test levels plumet low, so in reality it is very counterproductive to your gains, especially if you go out and get schalacked. if you drink light, it wouldn't be nearly as bad, but where is the fun in that? best advice , you want the most bang for your buck, best results are achieved while not drinking on the sauce.

fanatic is offline Member
    I havent drank at all so far(on my first cycle right now). I may drink 1-2 times for a special occasion but I wont get hammered.
    Last edited by fanatic; 06-22-2005 at 04:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    Effect of moderate alcohol consumption on plasma dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, testosterone , and estradiol levels in middle-aged men and postmenopausal women: a diet-controlled intervention study.

Sierksma A, Sarkola T, Eriksson CJ, van der Gaag MS, Grobbee DE, Hendriks HF.

Department of Nutritional Physiology, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, Zeist, The Netherlands.

BACKGROUND: Moderate alcohol consumption is inversely associated with cardiovascular diseases. Changes in hormone levels might in part help explain the positive health effect. This study was performed to examine the effect of moderate alcohol consumption on plasma dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS), testosterone, and estradiol levels. METHODS: In a randomized, diet-controlled, crossover study, 10 middle-aged men and 9 postmenopausal women, all apparently healthy, nonsmoking, and moderate alcohol drinkers, consumed beer or no-alcohol beer with dinner during two successive periods of 3 weeks. During the beer period, alcohol intake equaled 40 and 30 g per day for men and women, respectively. The total diet was supplied and had essentially the same composition during these 6 weeks. Before each treatment there was a 1 week washout period, in which the subjects were not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages. At the end of each of the two experimental periods, fasting blood samples were collected in the morning. RESULTS: Moderate alcohol consumption increased plasma DHEAS level by 16.5% (95% confidence interval, 8.0-24.9), with similar changes for men and women. Plasma testosterone level decreased in men by 6.8% (95% confidence interval, -1.0- -12.5), but no effect was found in women. Plasma estradiol level was not affected. Serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol level increased by 11.7% (95% confidence interval, 7.3-16.0), with similar changes for men and women. The overall alcohol-induced relative changes in DHEAS, testosterone, and estradiol correlated positively with the relative increase in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (adjusted for the relative change in body weight); however, findings were only borderline significant for DHEAS and estradiol (r = 0.44, p = 0.08; r = 0.32, p = 0.21; and r = 0.46, p = 0.06, respectively). CONCLUSIONS: A protective effect of moderate alcohol consumption for cardiovascular disease risk may in part be explained by increased plasma DHEAS level.

i dont know how much 40g is per day, but 6.8% doesnt seem to be that big of a deficit...i couldnt find anything that included recovery time, but if you're like me, and dont workout on the weekends, save your boozing for then

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    Effect of moderate alcohol consumption on plasma dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, testosterone , and estradiol levels in middle-aged men and postmenopausal women: a diet-controlled intervention study.

Sierksma A, Sarkola T, Eriksson CJ, van der Gaag MS, Grobbee DE, Hendriks HF.

Department of Nutritional Physiology, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, Zeist, The Netherlands.

BACKGROUND: Moderate alcohol consumption is inversely associated with cardiovascular diseases. Changes in hormone levels might in part help explain the positive health effect. This study was performed to examine the effect of moderate alcohol consumption on plasma dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS), testosterone, and estradiol levels. METHODS: In a randomized, diet-controlled, crossover study, 10 middle-aged men and 9 postmenopausal women, all apparently healthy, nonsmoking, and moderate alcohol drinkers, consumed beer or no-alcohol beer with dinner during two successive periods of 3 weeks. During the beer period, alcohol intake equaled 40 and 30 g per day for men and women, respectively. The total diet was supplied and had essentially the same composition during these 6 weeks. Before each treatment there was a 1 week washout period, in which the subjects were not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages. At the end of each of the two experimental periods, fasting blood samples were collected in the morning. RESULTS: Moderate alcohol consumption increased plasma DHEAS level by 16.5% (95% confidence interval, 8.0-24.9), with similar changes for men and women. Plasma testosterone level decreased in men by 6.8% (95% confidence interval, -1.0- -12.5), but no effect was found in women. Plasma estradiol level was not affected. Serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol level increased by 11.7% (95% confidence interval, 7.3-16.0), with similar changes for men and women. The overall alcohol-induced relative changes in DHEAS, testosterone, and estradiol correlated positively with the relative increase in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (adjusted for the relative change in body weight); however, findings were only borderline significant for DHEAS and estradiol (r = 0.44, p = 0.08; r = 0.32, p = 0.21; and r = 0.46, p = 0.06, respectively). CONCLUSIONS: A protective effect of moderate alcohol consumption for cardiovascular disease risk may in part be explained by increased plasma DHEAS level.

i dont know how much 40g is per day, but 6.8% doesnt seem to be that big of a deficit...i couldnt find anything that included recovery time, but if you're like me, and dont workout on the weekends, save your boozing for then
    yea..yea it also doesnt take into account that i shoot 600mg ew of test, so drinking may lower my natural test production...um i dont think i have any while on cycle anyway. and as far as lowering test thats been artificially placed there, dont think so

lol, what is a "minumum"?

my minumum would be something like once a week on the weekend. sometimes 2 times a week. minumum is definetely lower while taking orals. my minumum may be a lot of drinking to someone else though. i believe heavyhitter drinks hard all weekend every weekend.

my minumum would be something like once a week on the weekend. sometimes 2 times a week. minumum is definetely lower while taking orals. my minumum may be a lot of drinking to someone else though. i believe heavyhitter drinks hard all weekend every weekend.
    ok say once a week. but do you drink all day? my problem is beer...mmmm i love beer

kn0bbme is offline Associate Member
    Contimplating starting my cycle due to drinking this very moment. My shipment just arrived today 50mls animal power prop and i got 26mls of fina in my closet. Its summer time and my girls bday is next wekend along with my grad party the end of july and my bday aug 1. Gonna be doing an extreme amount of drinking those days and the normal i usually do each week. normally i wouldnt be too concerned because my last 2 cycles i cut back to drinking like 1 night per week but never did fina before and it is highly toxic to the kidneys. Any opinions? Anyone ever drink while taking fina? I know its not recomended. Decisions...Decisions...

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    now that im on my cycle, if i drink which has happened once before and will tonight, i stop once i feel a buzz coming on, just enough to take the edge off of reality, or whatever your doing. thats all i want!

Quote Originally Posted by robkesl
    now that im on my cycle, if i drink which has happened once before and will tonight, i stop once i feel a buzz coming on, just enough to take the edge off of reality, or whatever your doing. thats all i want!
    sounds good but for some just to take the edge off may take a 12 pack

crizoc is offline Banned
    friend of mine was on a sust/test cycle and drank pretty hard the first few weeks. got his blood checked out and had very abnormal values. :-\

Defconx3 is offline Member
    I simply do not drink while Im on cycle. I'll admit I will get shit about it from my buddies, but in the end I do whats best for ME. I love to drink, but when you are taking synthetic androgens/anabolics its time to put down the booze bottle and get serious. Thats just my take.

ok say once a week. but do you drink all day? my problem is beer...mmmm i love beer
    my beer drinking usually starts around noon and last till midnight-4am depending on what i'm doing and i've i had a nap in that time period. i hate hard alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by kn0bbme
    Contimplating starting my cycle due to drinking this very moment. My shipment just arrived today 50mls animal power prop and i got 26mls of fina in my closet. Its summer time and my girls bday is next wekend along with my grad party the end of july and my bday aug 1. Gonna be doing an extreme amount of drinking those days and the normal i usually do each week. normally i wouldnt be too concerned because my last 2 cycles i cut back to drinking like 1 night per week but never did fina before and it is highly toxic to the kidneys. Any opinions? Anyone ever drink while taking fina? I know its not recomended. Decisions...Decisions...
    i had a week long binge last cycle with prop/fina/enanthate and my kidneys were hurting. other than after that time period they didn't hurt but i'm sure you could still do damage without it being noticeable. i think moderation is the key word.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I hardly drink period... use to drink like a fish out of water. I realize now it's a waste of time and money, besides dehydrating you, there's no benefit in for me in achieving my goals.....

sounds good but for some just to take the edge off may take a 12 pack
    i was getting up around there until i started dnp cycles and didn't really drink for a month and a half except in between cycles. last weekend i was stupid drunk because my tolerance went down and i continued to drink the normal amount. i guess i tripped over a fence trying to jump it and also was peeing outside on a mailbox, friend kicked me so i started chasing him trying to pee on him. got to love those days. my girlriend was not pleased.

Defconx3 is offline Member
    i hate hard alcohol.
    X2

Beer is the only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Defconx3
    X2

Beer is the only way to go.
    yes it is the only way to go. i'm playing softball tomorrow, drag racing saturday, playing horseshoes after, and all of which will be while buzzed up except the drag racing. that would be bad. i'm going to have a great weekend.

I drink a few times a week.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I drink a few times a week.
    Well... you do realize that a week isn't 3 days right??

I'm going to have a drink right now as a matter of fact. By the way...I'd like to note that the study presented by alpha male isn't really relevant to this question. If you are on decent a cycle, you're already suppressing 100% of your endogenous testosterone . Smiler is totally correct in his asessment, there.

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I'm going to have a drink right now as a matter of fact. By the way...I'd like to note that the study presented by alpha male isn't really relevant to this question. If you are on decent a cycle, you're already suppressing 100% of your endogenous testosterone. Smiler is totally correct in his asessment, there.
    thnx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information