THE CROW is offline Associate Member

80 Years old, Test or not ?

Hear is the dilema, my grandfather just turned 80 last week, up until 6 months ago he was real healthy and strong. always strong upper body, but poor circulation in legs. he had to have surgery on his legs to replace arteries to increase blood flow. he recovered great, but picked up some kind of highly contagous infection in his intestions. to make a long story short. his normal body wieght is like 140lbs, he's down to about 105. he has no appetite. I'm just wondering if he could use B-12 to increase his appetite, test to get his strength back? I don't know why the doctors won't give him something. does anyone have any suggestions.all I know is ,there are things out there,I just don't know if they would be worth it. I'm just wanting to keep him around for some more years,and if the doctors don't help him I don't know if he could make it through anything more.I'd like to sugest some things but my family would probably think I was crazy. hell, maybee just creatine? that would be easier since it's legal.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I think his kidneys are to weak for creatine at his age, and his heart is to weak for test....

Maybe some b12, but if the doctors didn't already give it to him, I guess they have a good reason....

Maybe some MRPs, but consult with his doctors first!

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    doctors are doctors for a reason, why would u take our advice over a doctors???

icedudez is offline Member
    + rapid weight gain makes ur blood circulation worse im pretty sure unless u do lots of cardio...i think this is true,dont quote me.

His doctors gave him the infection, his doctors gave his blood pressure medicine to the guy in the bed next to him, the tryed to drown him in a big tank of water he was in for therapy, they accidently gave him double the amount of blood thinners and he almost bled out.he hasn't exactly got the best of care. it's a VA hospital and I think they could care less.I just wanted some options.

thanks BOR , Your probly right, I thing they got him taking ensure. maybee that will do it!

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/con...urnalcode=jcem

here is a good link to some research that has been done with testosterone therapy in elderly males (age 75 yr and above)...it's a long read, but i think it can answer some of your questions...in response to the statement about doctors, when it comes to hormone therapy, many doctors shy away from such treatment because they do not fully understand it, and see it as unnecessary in the place of traditional methods/treatments...at that point, it's never a bad thing to go off and research on your own...hope this helps a bit...peace

AM

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    The only thing that bothers me with a 75+ yr old man on TRT is prostate swelling.....I would alternate TRT and HGH.....but only if his doc said it wont harm him. If you REALLY want to help him and money isnt an option....make an appt with a longevity doc on the west coast....they deal with his exact situation all the time, and are far more advanced in the area of antiaging than the rest of the country.

D

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    why u dont ask a doc

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    THC can give you an appetite too!!

Thread Information