newbrew is offline Senior Member

Dropped 30 pounds on the bench after cycle..normal?

I just finished my 1st cycle about 7 weeks ago. Ill be honest, I didnt keep up like I should have through PCT. At the end of my test cycle I was benching 300. The most I can do now is 270. Is this about normal as far as the amount of gains you lose after cycle? I am a solid 10 pounds heavier than when I started as well. I was up 17-20 pounds over start during cycle.

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    if you dont bust your ass harder on pct than you did on cycle and dont do it properly, it is definitely normal to lose that much strength.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    30 pounds is alot though.. mabey it's more mental.

keylock is offline Associate Member
    Got 2 work just as hard when off the jucie to keep gains.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    i think its normal regardless. your test levels return back to normal instead of 10x normal so yo u lose strength. it happend to me too. I went from 315x4 to 315 x1 after.

greenpathy is offline Junior Member
    me too i was on a deca only cycle and although i did keep alot of my weight,,my bench only went down 10 pounds,,, but keep in mind thats where it was at before i started..310 max..down to 300..thats why i'm soo excited to get back on,,, i gonna blast through 310 this time and then i'll still hit over 300 when off...yea alot is mental,, but alot is not,, i did a few things not knowing any better,, but this times different..
    rob

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Oh, forgot to mention that my max bench was around 240 or so before I started. I was able to only do 225 a few times, by the end of the cycle I could rep 225 12 times with no problems. Yesterday I did 225 7 times after warmup and max test.

I think some of it is due to not being conditioned for the weight...you know, like when you take a couple weeks off or so it usually takes a few workouts before you feel 'right' again. If that makes sense.

None the less, I feel I am still much stronger than before the cycle.

Thread Information