letsgetserious is offline Junior Member

nervoud about injection in quad or shoulder

i want to try to mix up my sites of injectins aklittle bit but i am nervouss because of the discomfort level, i can tolerate alilttle ass pain but in more important areas liek my quad or shoudler i dont know if it would effect my daily rountine as much

bigtwin is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up

personally, id inject in the tight or "upper butt" over the shoulder any day. usually after an injection the area becomes sore for a little. if your working shoulders it could crush your workout as opposed to a leg day.
    Last edited by bigtwin; 05-31-2005 at 08:17 AM. Reason: mispell

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    I love delt injections... 1 1/4 cc's of test 300 with a 25 G x 1" long pin... heat the area good ans it is great... very little soreness the next day.
    -heat the area good
    -heat the gear
    -inject VERY slowly...
    -leave the needle sit in there about 15 seconds or so after the push is over.

Currenlty I have a big ol abscess on my left cheek I am getting ready to post to get some advice on. I love delt injects, especially now...

wired-up is offline Member
    personally, if gear is going to be painful, quads are the worst for me. delts, tri's and lats take it the best. don't be scared to try new locations. the site you're most nervous about may turn out to be your favorite. that's what happened with me and lats.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Honestly, Quads and Shoulders are a piece of cake depending on what your injecting. If your injecting Test Prop, then I'd hit the area your not working on for the next couple of days. Anything else, go ahead and inject away.

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    yea prop is the killer when u try and workout the spot u just injected i get alot of soreness but with anythign else shoulders and tris are easy .... i personaly use a 25 gauge 5/8' pin for sticking those 2 areas

diezell is offline Senior Member
    quads are my favorite place to inject, you can keep the needle steady easily, you can see everything, and i find its painless

JnbGonz2 is offline Junior Member
    I agree w/ Diesell 110%,,,,like the guys said though it depends on what u shoot,,,but quads r great,,,u can do em standing up,sitting down, easy to reach

wow, i guess everyone has their own opinion. if your afriad to inject, just do oral, even though its less effective and harsher on the body.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quads are the easiest of all! For prop or other painful gear, dilute with deca or eq or similar.

lavaman is offline Associate Member
    Here's a simple trick that someone told me.. for injections..
    if you put your finger on your waist directly under the left chest.. and go straight accross to your left glut above the glut and below the waist their is a great spot for injection! that's where my nurse at the HRT clinic injects me.. it's sort of hard to aspirate but you can do it.. or have someone help you..but it's painless and easy.. and you hardly feel any pain even the next day.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Quads are the easiest of all! For prop or other painful gear, dilute with deca or eq or similar.
    I love quads too. But for some reason about 50% of my injections into my left quad turn me into a limping pirate for a couple days. Can't figure it out. Mirror image of my right quad but seem to push on a nerve half the time.

I use B12 for prop. Kills two birds with one injection. (how's that for a mixed metaphor.)

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgetserious
    i want to try to mix up my sites of injectins aklittle bit but i am nervouss because of the discomfort level, i can tolerate alilttle ass pain but in more important areas liek my quad or shoudler i dont know if it would effect my daily rountine as much
    you realy should try to mix it up... i used to only due glutes too but after i swithed to quads and delts i hated doing glutes (it's an awkward position while injecting back there).

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    I love quads too. But for some reason about 50% of my injections into my left quad turn me into a limping pirate for a couple days. Can't figure it out. Mirror image of my right quad but seem to push on a nerve half the time.

I use B12 for prop. Kills two birds with one injection. (how's that for a mixed metaphor.)
    Try rotating up or downward a tiny bit on your quad... IOW, slightly more toward the front of the leg or slightly back toward the side of the leg from where you are shooting. Also try moving up an inch or two toward the hip from where you are shooting. Not too far.. but halfway up the thigh works for me, and on down toward the knee from there up to about 4 inches. I don't think you are hitting a nerve... you will know if you do that. When you get close to a nerve, you will feel the muscle jump or twitch. Go slow, and you will probably know to pull out and re-jab, before any damage is done. But what you have is muscle soreness from the injection, I believe. Some ibuprofin and a nice HOT soak in the tub will help a lot. Treat it like DOMS. Keep moving the leg, try not to sit for hours and hours and let it stiffen up. If you never completely rid yourself of the pain, well, buck up and smile and think about growing.

man, injected in right quad last night, my thigh is sore as **** now. probably did something wrong.....but no pain no gain. bled slightly.

Iceman911 is offline Associate Member
    I'm just coming up on the end of my cycle 16weeks. I only injected into the delt and quads. They are both easy. They both hurt at first, but your body will get used to the substance being there and then you won't even notice it. I've been taking deca , omnadren and winny. None of them hurt. The winny goes into the quad with ease. I love it. I use a 25g 5/8" needle. Works great.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    DELT INJECTIONS RoCK!!!!!!
    I cried on the forum like a lil baby cuz i thot i injected wrong but damn injecting is alot of fun

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    winny was 10x more painful then prop for me. I do my quads and glutes only now. I go way up to the top of my quad and out alittle. You dont use that part of the quad i dont think as much in walking and stuff. its so painless i have to write down which side i shot cause 3.5 days later i cant even remember.

wow, so shoot higher towards the hip?, i shot in basically the middle of outer thigh.

Thread Information