Thread: T4???

musclestack is offline Productive Member

T4???

Hey, guys. What is T4? I know about T3 (Cytomel ). Do the two compare?

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    I guess this could mean this: thyroxine is T4 and triiodothyronine is T3. T4 can be considered sorta as a prohormone of T3 (T3 being the potetnt one). The thyroid secretes mostly T4 and the T4 is converted to the more potetnt T3 elsewhere. The thyroid gland secretes some T3 also..

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    yeah, ive seen it as Synthroid , doesnt do much for ya cuz as mentioned, it's not as potent...wouldnt even bother...

AM

Your thyroid secretes 3 hormones, only 2 of which will be of concern to us right now. The first is thyroxine (traiodothyronine) or T4; it’s molecule contains 4 iodine atoms. The second is T3 also called triiodothyronine.

Both of these hormones regulate the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. They increase the rate at which cells release energy from carbs, enhance protein synthesis, and mobilize lipids (fats).

T3 is the more physiologically active hormone; T4 is converted into T3. Eighty Percent of your body’s T3 comes from this conversion. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) (produced by the pituitary gland) controls the secretion of T4, and TSH secretion is controlled through release of Thyrotropin Releasing Hormone (TRH), which is produced in the hypothalamus.

Another hormone, T2, is then produced from T3.

T2 acts on the mitochondria directly and increases the rate of mitochondrial respiration, with a consequent increase in ATP production (similar to what DNP does), and has similar beneficial effects on your cells mitochondria (the cell’s powerhouse).
    When your T3 levels go up, your TSH secretion is suppressed, and then T4 production goes down. That's your body's method of regulating those hormones.

So....to recap:

T4 becomes T3 becomes T2

And T2 is the one where Arnold is the good guy.

somebody likes to hear themself talk

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    but good info to ppl...

dood, i know...Hook knows i luv em, dont ya Hook?

Thread Information