R-Money is offline New Member

Controlled Deliveries 101

Controlled Delieveries -

A controlled delievery has one purpose, to get you to take posession of an illegal package.

First off, I will discuss the locations where a controlled delievery will occur. The first is at your home. Now if they are going to do a CD on a package going to your home that makes things a lot easier for them, since it really doesn't force them to do much homework. They can easily find out who you are, and it takes a lot of the pressure off them. Your receiving something at your home, where you live, your more then likely not going to run anywhere once you have the package and its very easy for them to see who is accepting the package, etc. Now if the CD is at say, a post office, it makes it harder for them. At this point, depending on your p.o. box situation, ie; is it registered in your real name or not, they may not know who it is that owns the box. Since theres obviously a reasonable amount of traffic at a post office, they are going to try and find out exactly who will be picking up the package. This is where whether or not the box is in your name can make all the difference in the world. If they don't know who they are looking for, then anyone could walk in, pick up the pack and leave, they aren't going to start throwing the cuffs on anyone walking in and out. They are going to do their best to find out exactly who owns the box, when they are likely going to pick up the pack, etc. If they are unable to, that might be the scenario where they resort to some kind of electronic tracking, I can't say I know much about that or that I've heard of it being used other than the very rarest of occasions. Now there are of course other possibilities for locations where a CD could occur, but the general ideas will be the same, the less info they have on you, the better.

Now onto how the pack will be delievered. From what I've seen, they will generally do their best to have the package arrive to you as it was intended to be. This means if it was sent 3 day express delievery, with no signature required, don't expect them to have it delievered 2 weeks later and want you to sign for it. I mean, at that point, you'd be an idiot to sign for it, but don't assume your package/ delievery will be altered in any drastic way if they are going to attempt a CD. They DO NOT need you to sign for anything to execute a controlled delievery. As I have mentioned before, once you take physical possession of a package you are legally in possession of it, whether you signed for it or not. This means that a CD can also occur with a dropped pack and isn't limited to delievery by a postal worker. Now for the most part, the arrest part of the controlled delievery will likely take place immediately after you take possession of the package. This is to avoid you having a chance to get rid of the package.

Now as far as who will be delievering your pack goes, you can expect in most cases it will be your regular mailman / postal worker. Things are going to work best for LE if they don't make you suspicious or nervous in any way. This also means, don't assume they are going to inform your mail delievery person what is about to take place. So just because the mail person isn't shaking nervously when he tries to give you your package, doesn't mean everything is fine, he may not even know whats going on.

Also I've heard a million times that if you leave the pack sit in your p.o. box or at your doorstep for a week, things will be fine. Wrong. If they are going to the trouble of setting up a CD, its reasonable to assume they will put a decent amount of effort into it. This may include setting up surveillance on you / your home and waiting a fair amount of time for you to pick up the package. Don't count on them giving up on things because you didn't pick up the pack the day it arrived.

Lastly, what warrants a CD as opposed to just having items seized? Of course there is a few factors involved including but not limited to; amount of units seized, number of substances seized, the laws on possession of the seized substances in your area( drug schedule ) and of course the general availiability of law enforcement to setup and execute a controlled delievery in your area. However, probably the most heavily weighted factor involved is whether or not there have been any previous seizures involving the person / address the package was intended for. Previous seizures, give them reason to assume that yes, this pack was meant for you and yes, you probably are in possession of more gear. Therefore, I can't stress enough, if you have a seizure, don't use that name or that addy again.

Be cautious, be aware and stay safe!

- R

somedude247 is offline Member
    Very good post bro, i am considering a P.O. Box for awile....i'm jus gathering info on what to do about it.

p0d0078 is offline Associate Member
    It doesn't get fcuken clearer that this, Awesome post

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    so would you agree, that they wouldnt spend all the time and money to go after a small package, Would you say that they are looking for the dealers/distrubters, anyone moving alot of juice, and not the average guy who is ordering a small amount for himself.

would they really set all that crap up for a measly 10 week cycle? or so

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robkesl
    so would you agree, that they wouldnt spend all the time and money to go after a small package, Would you say that they are looking for the dealers/distrubters, anyone moving alot of juice, and not the average guy who is ordering a small amount for himself.

bump that one...
    but if the DEA tells any pencil pusher or street cop to watch freakin' pine tree for goodness sake, bet your ass no one is going to wanna fukkk that job up.

but, deff good question on who they are more likely to watch, dealer or user.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    These posts are great.. Mbaraso and buff87 does a good job with these also. We should see more of these up everyday with info on how to keep all of us safe.. I encourage anyone with decent knowledge or past experience to continue posting these type posts..

oh and what do you guys think would be safer.. a PO box in someone elses name or say a pakmail/pak and ship thats a private company.

somedude247 is offline Member
    Prob a P.O. Box in someone else's name...What is a pakmail/pak....I did not get that???

Quote Originally Posted by somedude247
    Prob a P.O. Box in someone else's name...What is a pakmail/pak....I did not get that???
    i dont know what they call it in your state but a shipping store where they ship ups/usps/fedex, sell boxes, crate stuff.

i was going to say the same thing.. i have read in several places that if its unopened they have no case.

bigtwin is offline Associate Member
    Thats really good advice, since basically everyone on this board who is in the USA is in the same boat, PO box or not.

Quote Originally Posted by robkesl

I would never assume they wouldn't spend time on a small order, thats just setting yourself up for trouble. I am from Canada, where personal use is legal which puts the onus on them to prove it is for more then personal use.

They are definetly looking for the 'dealers' as opposed to the end user. The reasoning is simple, bust the dealer, you cut off everyone he was supplying.

There is quite a bit of paperwork involved with a CD on the law enforcement side of things, so it will all come back to availability of staff and resources.

Actually, usually the signature on a CD will be the final clause in a search warrant. In other words, the officers have, in their posession, a search warrant which is only executable if you sign for the package.

I've just conducted a 20 page interview with a lawyer, and we covered this and alot of other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    i was going to say the same thing.. i have read in several places that if its unopened they have no case.
    With those Mail Box etc. places, when you sign up for an account with them, its in the paperwork, you are giving them permission to sign for packages on your behalf. You legally accept all responsibility for the packages. Also, if they are doing a controlled delievery, they are still going to wait for you to physically have the package before they arrest you.

As I mentioned, I am from Canada. Practices in the US may differ slightly. However, here, they DO NOT need you to sign for a package. You accepting the package is reasonable cause to execute a search warrant. As I have talked about before, it is ignorant to assume you are safe because you did not sign for a package.

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Actually, usually the signature on a CD will be the final clause in a search warrant. In other words, the officers have, in their posession, a search warrant which is only executable if you sign for the package.

I've just conducted a 20 page interview with a lawyer, and we covered this and alot of other stuff.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why all the posts about PO boxes/deliveries/etc??

Just a question.

Seems weird that you just got here and are pasting all this stuff here.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Why all the posts about PO boxes/deliveries/etc??

Just a question.

Seems weird that you just got here and are pasting all this stuff here.

~SC~
    Mbaraso said he was going to post some info I wrote on here, so I decided to come over incase anyone wanted to discuss anything. I usually only frequent Canadian boards.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Money
    As I mentioned, I am from Canada. Practices in the US may differ slightly. However, here, they DO NOT need you to sign for a package. You accepting the package is reasonable cause to execute a search warrant. As I have talked about before, it is ignorant to assume you are safe because you did not sign for a package.
    Generally, according to the Lawyer I spoke to (we have 2 lawyers on staff at BB4L), the government agency in question trying to do the controlled delivery has in its hands what's known as a conditional warrant. This makes it conditional upon your acceptance that your home can now be searched, howeever you clearly do not always have to sign for the package and simply accepting the package affords the same effect to the conditional warrant. Signing it simply gives them much more leverage in court than thrusting a package in your hands and saying "hey he accepted it"...

This information, I need to stress, comes from lawyers, not conjecture.

Here's some links to BB4L's educational threads concerning Several important matters, all of legal import, written by one of the lawyers we have on staff:

Arrest and Interrogation
    Searches
    Searches Part 2

Im familiar with Karch, hes the man. I think we are basically agreeing with eachother. Of course if you sign for it, that is definetly going to solidify the case against you, especially if all they have on you is accepting that one package and everything else is clean cut. I was just trying to put emphasis on the fact that it is not required.

Generally, according to the Lawyer I spoke to (we have 2 lawyers on staff at BB4L), the government agency in question trying to do the controlled delivery has in its hands what's known as a conditional warrant. This makes it conditional upon your acceptance that your home can now be searched, howeever you clearly do not always have to sign for the package and simply accepting the package affords the same effect to the conditional warrant. Signing it simply gives them much more leverage in court than thrusting a package in your hands and saying "hey he accepted it"...

This information, I need to stress, comes from lawyers, not conjecture.

Here's some links to BB4L's educational threads concerning Several important matters, all of legal import, written by one of the lawyers we have on staff:

Arrest and Interrogation
    Searches
    Searches Part 2

Err...Karch is a man...I don't know if he's "the" man...but I reccomended him for his spot at BB4L and I'm happy I did....

We're thinking about doing a legal forum at BB4L, but due to their general lack of interest (SBI's for example is dead), I'm not sure if we're going to...Karch said he'd run it though.

Err...Karch is a man...I don't know if he's "the" man...but I reccomended him for his spot at BB4L and I'm happy I did....

We're thinking about doing a legal forum at BB4L, but due to their general lack of interest (SBI's for example is dead), I'm not sure if we're going to...Karch said he'd run it though.
    Yeah, theres a few other boards with legal forums and most of them are dead. You would think people would be more interested in how to prevent going to jail. ah well. your boards looks good by the way.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Mbaraso said he was going to post some info I wrote on here, so I decided to come over incase anyone wanted to discuss anything. I usually only frequent Canadian boards.
    Cool beans!

~SC~

Yeah, theres a few other boards with legal forums and most of them are dead. You would think people would be more interested in how to prevent going to jail. ah well. your boards looks good by the way.
    WHich one? This one or BB4L? I'm a minor player on both honestly....but BB4L is owned by a lawyer, who I'm actually kind of proud to say went to a very prestegious law school.

In anycase, Jail kind of sucks....Prison isn't too bad. I did 6 months and 15 days.....

i think its a great idea..

Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    i think its a great idea..
    Are you a member there...?

You know I'm talking about BB4L and not here, yeah? Thats where Karch offered to do a legal forum....

Thread Information