Power Viking is offline Banned

D-bol only. Why not?

"Everyone" here seems to say that you can`t go on d-bol only. Why not? What is it in the d-bol that means you must add even more roid to keep gains?

Isn`t it so that by adding too much roid you`ll end up losing your gains because the difference between the testo levels in your body on and off roids gets too big?

If someone were to compensate for the lack of injectables by, lets say doubling the doses of d-bol, then I could get your point, cus then the short half life would mean a total "crash", but other than that I don`t see why d-bol should make you more prone to losing gains than other substances as long as the doses are low enough for the body to recouparate once the cycle is over.

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    im not sure why not, but most people that have done it gain lots of "weight" and then lose 90% of it, if u gonna get on steroids u wanna keep 90% of it not lose it

Defconx3 is offline Member
    Generally, it is not recommended to run an oral only cycle, the only exception to this is a few Tbol/anavar cycles that I have been hearing people getting good results from. Usually with a dbol only cycle, people have found that it has been much harder to keep their gains. I love dbol, but I think that you should always stack it with an injectable. When there are people more experienced in the game telling you not to do something, you should probably take their word for it.

chris2wire is offline Member
    DBOL only sucking has nothign to do with being 'shut down' and therefore losing gains when you stop the cycle. It has to do with the gains being made of water in the first place. Which means even if you arent shut down that much once you stop taking the dbol the water will leave your muscle.

Picture creatine. It bloats your muscles with water and makes you bigger... But once you stop the water leaves your muscles and yorue back to your real size.

Quote Originally Posted by fballhoss51
    im not sure why not, but most people that have done it gain lots of "weight" and then lose 90% of it, if u gonna get on steroids u wanna keep 90% of it not lose it
    But what doses have they taken? A friend of mine takes d-bol only now, and I advised him to do no more than 15-20 mg a day for about 8 weeks as he hasn`t taken anything before. If someone were to take 40-50 mg a day for 12 weeks on their first cycle I can understand that their system gets all screwed up.

Seems like on one knows what will happen if you try SMALL doses. Seems to me that everyone thinkgs they have to "one up" the guy squatting behind them in the gym and when everyone are advising novice cycles of 1 gram a day and nobody really remembers why, but instead keep saying "that`s what everybody else dose".

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    even a small dose of 17a is harsh on el liver, i wouldn't do it for longer than four weeks no matter the dose.

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    i did a cycle of test@500mg wk and dbol @35/mg day and i used tha dbol for 4 weeks, 8 weeks into my cycle i hadnt lost any weight, if i wasnt using test im pretty sure i woulda lost most of my weight gained

Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    DBOL only sucking has nothign to do with being 'shut down' and therefore losing gains when you stop the cycle. It has to do with the gains being made of water in the first place. Which means even if you arent shut down that much once you stop taking the dbol the water will leave your muscle.

Picture creatine. It bloats your muscles with water and makes you bigger... But once you stop the water leaves your muscles and yorue back to your real size.
    I can`t really see this making sense either, because if all you get from d-bol is water, then the loss of gains would be just as big when stacking it with something else as water is water no matter what you stack it with. No roid can bind water in the body after the cycle, only actual gains.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Oral only cycles suck, do you want your liver to shut down or something. Stick to injects keep your gains

Sun_Rype is offline New Member
    D Bol is water retention

the first week you'll gain big but a lot of that will be water

once you get off them, you shrink

D Bol is for the starting of a cycle

something to give you a boost while you're waiting for injectables to kick in

a quick kick start if you will

I would imagine if I did a cycle of just D Bol, I would look bloated, puffy, and flat

that's not what you want
    Last edited by Sun_Rype; 06-28-2005 at 08:19 PM.

chris2wire is offline Member
    Look power viking, youre like a lot of us, when we have our mind made up its hard to change it.

In all seriousness maybe you should try a Dbol only cycle and see for yourself. Itll only take about 4 week and youll know exactly what we're talking about.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    on another board a while there was a post asking for people's results from dbol only cycles, and the conclusion that was drawn that people who responded ended up keeping about 1 lb/wk that they were on dbol only. So if you run it for 4 weeks, you'll keep 4-5 lbs. I can do that just with food. Be a man and use some injectables! I personally dont care for orals b/c they always tend to f*ck up my liver enzymes too.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    Look power viking, youre like a lot of us, when we have our mind made up its hard to change it.

In all seriousness maybe you should try a Dbol only cycle and see for yourself. Itll only take about 4 week and youll know exactly what we're talking about.
    I want to understand, medically, how the roids work. What compounds the roids contain and what effect they have on the body. When you understand the nature of different chemicals on the body you don`t have to ask around for each and every product you can just look at what it contains and know for sure what the effects will be. That`s my goal. I don`t just want to know what effect you get, but also why.

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    on another board a while there was a post asking for people's results from dbol only cycles, and the conclusion that was drawn that people who responded ended up keeping about 1 lb/wk that they were on dbol only. So if you run it for 4 weeks, you'll keep 4-5 lbs. I can do that just with food. Be a man and use some injectables! I personally dont care for orals b/c they always tend to f*ck up my liver enzymes too.
    I have no problems shooting, in fact I`ve never done anything else (I`ve only done two cycles though ). The point is that a friend of mine asked me if I could get him some roids, but he didn`t want injectables. I`d heard that d-bols were good stuff and after hooking him up with some I know feel kinda of obligated to help him get something out of his cycle. Yeah, sure, I know it`s his responsibility, and I didn`t recommend him doing anything, I just kept on replying "your choice, bro" and such, but still, he spent money on this `cus of me. I`d hate to see it all go to waste.
    Also, I was thinking of doing some d-bol myself, but then I want to know the effect of it first. A substance being "worthless" by itself but then being quite decent when used in a combination with other substances? Hmmm....that doesn`t sound plausible to me.

Big M is offline Associate Member
    Hey there powerViking, I understand your Question, maybe because Iīm a Viking to (sweden) The answer is: First of all it shuts you down, meaning that once you end the cycle you wont have any test in your body and therefore cortsol will be the dominant hormone and that is catabolic and will make your muscle dispear . Second: D-Bol is easy converted in to estrogen in your body witch will couse weater retention, and once the estrogen goes away you will piss out all the exesive water and lose weight fast.

You are simply in a very catabolic state when you stop taking the D-bol and that will eat up most of your gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Big M
    Hey there powerViking, I understand your Question, maybe because Iīm a Viking to (sweden) The answer is: First of all it shuts you down, meaning that once you end the cycle you wont have any test in your body and therefore cortsol will be the dominant hormone and that is catabolic and will make your muscle dispear . Second: D-Bol is easy converted in to estrogen in your body witch will couse weater retention, and once the estrogen goes away you will piss out all the exesive water and lose weight fast.

You are simply in a very catabolic state when you stop taking the D-bol and that will eat up most of your gains.
    Thanks, big M. It had to take another viking to give me the answer I was looking for

If I tell my friend on the d-bol only cycle to take a week off training after finishing his cycle and/or at least add some clomid afterwards he should be able to have some decent gains after all then. I told him to expect about to keep about 4-7 kgs of BW, but that I didn`t know for sure as I haven`t tried orals before. Guess I might not end up as a liar after all, then.

IF he takes the entire dose in the morning (and not to much, I would say max 20mg) Since the halv-life of d-bol is so short (3h apx) only 0,6mg will be left in the blood 12h later (And since it is during sleep natural most test production ocur) He should not be to suppresed (hopefully) And he has to eat alot post cycle since the insulin will take most of the cortisol away. And Most important take a good dose of clomid. Hes gains will depent on diet and exercise.

This is of course like the others has allready said not a very good cycle to say the least. Test isīnt that expensive and gains are much more easyly retained

Quote Originally Posted by Big M
    IF he takes the entire dose in the morning (and not to much, I would say max 20mg) Since the halv-life of d-bol is so short (3h apx) only 0,6mg will be left in the blood 12h later (And since it is during sleep natural most test production ocur) He should not be to suppresed (hopefully) And he has to eat alot post cycle since the insulin will take most of the cortisol away. And Most important take a good dose of clomid. Hes gains will depent on diet and exercise.

This is of course like the others has allready said not a very good cycle to say the least. Test isīnt that expensive and gains are much more easyly retained
    I`ll advise him to buy some clomid, hope he doesn`t think its just a sales pitch on my part. Test isn`t that expensive, but he didn`t like the idea of needles, so I said I could check if my supplier had some d-bol. If he hadn`t been such a sissy I`d advise some sust. Still, I don`t want him to get pissed at me for setting him up with shit that doesn`t work. If he keeps about 3-5 kgs of body weight and adds 5-10 kgs to his bench and squat I`m sure I can convince him that injectables are way better than orals if he goes for another cycle. Just don`t want the poor sucker to end up with nothing after spending about $ 150 on his first cycle and being all worked up and stuff. We all know how excited we were before our first cycle, right? Don`t want to break his little heart, like a kid finding out there`s no santa, except there actually is a santa here, but only for those who are men enough to use needles

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    it's interesting that u mentioned 20g/day. i am currently doing this just for a little boost, dont anticipate all my gains to be due to dbol . i am eating right and working really hard. is that 20 grams a good idea. and what about clomid, how exactly due i use that pct for the purpose of keeping gains?

AleX-69 is offline Member
    Well first off i don't like D-bol because of the bloat, estrogen conversion....

BUT d-bol is an anabolic steroid at least, isn't it? So therefore it promotes protein synthesis. If a substance promotes protein synthesis you actually gain muscle while using it, or am I mistaken??
    Of course you gain a lot of water too, but thats another story.. And i don't think 1lbs LBM per week is that bad....

Nevertheless i think d-bol only sucks

RG

Alex

it's interesting that u mentioned 20g/day. i am currently doing this just for a little boost, dont anticipate all my gains to be due to dbol. i am eating right and working really hard. is that 20 grams a good idea. and what about clomid, how exactly due i use that pct for the purpose of keeping gains?
    If you take it all in tre morning like you should, your testosterone levels shouldīnt be to shut down. Then the major problem is the aromtatisation of the D-bol, So if you can run thru your cycle it would be the best (would also reduce the water retention) And then post-cycle just go With the standard 300mg the first day then 100mg ED for 2 weeks than 50mg ED the last week.

Thread Information