Kelvin is offline Junior Member

Interesting trip to the doc!

Had to go to the doc because I was having a really bad sinus infection that I couldn't quite get rid of. Unfortunately, the medical group in which I have my insurance switched my primary physician. I went in and she is playing touchy feely which wasn't that bad at all. She wanted to make sure that I didn't have something like mono so she was feeling around my stomach to make sure that my spleen wasn't patruding. She told me that I didn't have mono since my lymph nodes are all normal. As far as my spleen is concerned she told me that my ab muscles are so strong and blocked that she can't feel anything beneath them. That made me feel good.

Unfortunately, she insisted on a blood test. The old doc knew better than that but this one, being new, was doing her job. I really couldn't refuse without bring up a lot of suspicions. So I let her. Last night I got the dreaded call from her saying that my lab results came back and to call her immediately. Being a lab tech myself, I knew exactly what that was about since I am in mid-cycle.

Called her this morning and she asked me to please explain to her exactly why my liver enzymes are very high. I lied and told her that I've been drinking a lot and that I just quit drinking as of late. She told me to stop drinking and she let it go. Amazing! I thought for sure that she would've seen straight through that one especially since my records say I don't drink at all. All I can say is thank God for that one.

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    I would have told her that you shoot b12. would drinking actually raise liver enzymes?? I know b 12 would... but being a lab tech, you prolly know more about that than me. as long as it all works out bro.

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    sounds like a close one, good thing she bought it.

fballhoss51 is offline Senior Member
    what could a doc do if they knew u were using AS?

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Why would she ask you to explain why your enzymes were high? Isn't that her job?

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    Why would she ask you to explain why your enzymes were high? Isn't that her job?
    I absolutely agree...

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    You should have said, "I am taking anabolic steroids to get ripped of my ass. What? You like that? No I won't give it to you right here. Quit touching my abs. Get in line with the rest of the bitches."

Seriously though...she couldn't do anything if you were on.

One, because she knows I am a lab tech and have some knowledge of things. Two, I think that she really does know and was trying to get me to say it. If she was to study my records close enough she would've (if she already hasn't) noticed that my weight has went up by 45 lbs in a year. She also commented that I seem to know my way around a gym or two.

Quote Originally Posted by 8-MAN
    You should have said, "I am taking anabolic steroids to get ripped of my ass. What? You like that? No I won't give it to you right here. Quit touching my abs. Get in line with the rest of the bitches."

BUMP!!!!!LYAO

Seriously though...she couldn't do anything if you were on.
    Believe it or not. She could and it could be pretty serious. She could document it and tell my insurance company. I could lose my insurance behind it and become subject to being denied if I apply for medical insurance elsewhere (thanks to info sharing). Telling your doctor about aas use unless you are very sure of the doc is not a wise thing to do. It could bite you in the ass.

She would have to test for AAS specifically...and to do so she would need your permission, no?

She would have to test for AAS specifically...and to do so she would need your permission, no?
    Yes, and it is an extremely expensive test. I worked for awhile doing drug testing for bodybuilding shows down here and usually the costs are out of this world not to mention that very few labs do AAS testing. I had to send out my samples to California. Anyways, she would not have to test of AAS or get my permission if she can get me to admit it from the get go. Once I tell her that I use AAS, it's as good as any drug test.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin
    One, because she knows I am a lab tech and have some knowledge of things. Two, I think that she really does know and was trying to get me to say it. If she was to study my records close enough she would've (if she already hasn't) noticed that my weight has went up by 45 lbs in a year. She also commented that I seem to know my way around a gym or two.
    Oh well that explains a lot. You said she wasn't your primary care physician so I didn't think she knew you. The weight gain says a lot too. I went into see my regular doc when I wasn't even on and he askes me if I was using "Andro". I was like yeah, I would look like this from using "Andro". I have to get my physical this year so I'll have to wait til my levels come back to normal.

Oh well that explains a lot. You said she wasn't your primary care physician so I didn't think she knew you. The weight gain says a lot too. I went into see my regular doc when I wasn't even on and he askes me if I was using "Andro". I was like yeah, I would look like this from using "Andro". I have to get my physical this year so I'll have to wait til my levels come back to normal.

Good luck Bro!!!! I talked it over with a few of my bodybuilder friends and they agree. She has some idea of what I'm doing. One of my friends said she'd have to be blind and dumb not to notice. Without my confession and without my permission to do more tests there isn't a lot she can do. I really lucked out.

It's like the doc that did my gyno surgery. He flips out when he sees me because he knows I'm doing something but I just maintain that I'm natural. I tell him what's to worry, you took the glands out right?

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Believe it or not. She could and it could be pretty serious. She could document it and tell my insurance company. I could lose my insurance behind it and become subject to being denied if I apply for medical insurance elsewhere (thanks to info sharing). Telling your doctor about aas use unless you are very sure of the doc is not a wise thing to do. It could bite you in the ass.
    This is why I would never tell my doctor about AAS use unless it was an absolute emergency. Yes, the doctor has to keep your medical details private from other individuals, but when you get health insurance you sign a waiver allowing the insurance company complete access to your records. Furthermore the insurance company doesn't need legal levels of proof to take action - just a notation of suspicion of AAS use in your records can be enough for them to raise your rates or drop you completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetenloch
    This is why I would never tell my doctor about AAS use unless it was an absolute emergency. Yes, the doctor has to keep your medical details private from other individuals, but when you get health insurance you sign a waiver allowing the insurance company complete access to your records. Furthermore the insurance company doesn't need legal levels of proof to take action - just a notation of suspicion of AAS use in your records can be enough for them to raise your rates or drop you completely.
    Thanks for your support on this issue. It's amazing how many AAS users don't know that. To add to the problem, you could also lose your life insurance and not be able to get any more. In a worse case scenario, if you need a liver or kidney transplant and they know you used AAS, you problably won't get one.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Exactly...steroid use is not something you want put into your medical records. Insurance companies will drop ya in a heart beat. Luckily my doc keeps it off the record and helps keep an eye on my blood work and all. Some docs are cool about it but most aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Exactly...steroid use is not something you want put into your medical records. Insurance companies will drop ya in a heart beat. Luckily my doc keeps it off the record and helps keep an eye on my blood work and all. Some docs are cool about it but most aren't.
    I'd be really interested in knowing how you approached your doctor on that subject. I'm not planning on telling mine but I find it interesting in hearing how you did it. Pm me on that please.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    well assuming you did tell her that you were using AS what could she do about it??

would you get in any trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvegas
    well assuming you did tell her that you were using AS what could she do about it??

would you get in any trouble?
    The answer to your question I have already answered in my previous posts. In short, I could lose my medical insurance and my life insurance.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    I lied to my doctor when she was checking my liver enzymes on my first week of accutane. They were in the 800-900's I think, where normal is in the 100's or below... I was on dbol /deca /test. She could guess what I was doing but said "Man, you must have drank alot of beer at the Georgia/Florida football game last weekend". I just smiled and nodded. Once I dropped the dbol and only ran the deca/test, they dropped to normal. I agree, only tell your doc if you are really close with them, don't risk it otherwise.

nate3422 is offline Member
    i went and got all my blood done last week and i just told my dr. straight up i do steroids .

jaydub is offline Senior Member
    wow! I really thought doctors had to keep records confidential even to insurance groups. I don't remember signing a waiver for that..I need to start paying closer attention!!

The answer to your question I have already answered in my previous posts. In short, I could lose my medical insurance and my life insurance.
    Kelvin, I was arguing this point in another thread a week ago. Don't tell your doc unless absolutely necessary. The way I look at it is they are the professionals, let them figure it out and fix the problem. I wouldn't contribute any more info. than I have to. I've heard of guys grabbing their medical records off the door and running out of the office. By the way are you from Trinidad?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydub
    wow! I really thought doctors had to keep records confidential even to insurance groups. I don't remember signing a waiver for that..I need to start paying closer attention!!
    Docs and insurance companies are in bed together. Don't trust em unless you know 'em personally. My mother works for my former primary and she made sure everything was kept off the record.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member

That is a very abstract answer since you are leaving out a few details. I agree you shouldn't tell your doctor about steroid use , not a good idea. However, her simply suspecting that you are on them, does not allow her to document that you are using them. It is not open season on her destroying your medical record. But, if you admit to using them, then your screwed because she has the right to document. I am not sure about whether your health/life insurance will cancel you, but i wouldn't put it past them. Also, I'm not sure what lab tests you are talking about. If you take a testosterone test, the fact that you are a person with high testosterone does not mean you are necessarily on steroid . Suspect, yes, but being suspected does not allow your insurance to f you on it. And unless they give your dumb enough to take a steroid screen, you can't really be screwed b/x of your lab tests.

It is all about what they can prove, not what they suspect. Admiting it gives them reasonable proof.

Thread Information