Thread: Deca or EQ?

mkv213 is offline Member

Deca or EQ?

I'm trying to plan out a bulking cycle and I can't decide if I want to use Deca or EQ. I plan to run Test E 500mg/12wk and Dbol 30mg/1-6wk. Any advice or pros/cons of EQ & Deca would be of great help. BTW I'm 5'11/200lbs, done a few cycles.

mkv213

chris2wire is offline Member
    EQ imo

Though gains may be better with Deca

But if youre bulking EQ will make you eat like a horse

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    EQ is good for lean mass, i use it with tren and test, if ur looking to bulk then definatly use deca -just eat more

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    also 6 wks might b alittle long to run the dbol but thats JMO

mkv213 is offline Member
    ^
    |
    |
    |
    bump

mkv213 is offline Member
    I guess I should also add that I'm trying to avoid that puffy, soft muscle look. I may drop the dbol just because of that reason. I want to add quality, lean, hard muscle. Will deca cause me to look puffy?

USN DV is offline Associate Member
    EQ will be leaner than Deca

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    eq just because i hate deca

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    im gonna do both in my next bulker read quite a few times that they both complement each other so im gonna give it a go,with a nice base of test of course,only prop is i hate deca also!

mkv213 is offline Member
    anyone else have input on this?

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Dude, you must already know your answer... You said you don't want to be puffy... smooth, or bloated. That means no things that will cause you to hold water.

Here are your choices:

Prop
    Tren
    Var
    Winni
    EQ

Make a cycle with THOSE and you should get the type of gains you're looking for.

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Maybe NPP would be a thought... it might be slightly less retentive. lol. But yeah, between that list there, unless you're really craving doing Nandrolone stick to these... (although Tren is technically a nandrolone derivitive.)

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    im gonna do both in my next bulker read quite a few times that they both complement each other so im gonna give it a go,with a nice base of test of course,only prop is i hate deca also!
    this i have always been told is a no no. Never run deca and eq side by side.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    NOTHING will make you puffy or bloated after you have got rid of the water. Who cares if you look a little smooth for 4-5 weeks? It is just temporary. At the end of your cycle, using dbol vs not using dbol will not make any difference in "puffiness" but you might end up with marginally better gains with the dbol. The gains will not be directly from the dbol but will be from having better training sessions earlier in your cycle.

For pure bulking, deca might be better but only if you can eat enough to take best advantage of it. Deca really shines when you have a hyoooge caloric surplus. Yes, expect to put on a bit of fat. Winny and clen at the end of the cycle (you might extend the test a few weeks so you have a short cutting phase at the end) will make you right as rain once you reduce your cals to maintainence level and then up your cardio and/or training volume.

I have to admit to not having any personal experience with eq but in many users it stimulates the apetite. Usually that is a good thing. You can bulk successfully on eq. I just have the opinion that gains will be potentially greater with deca. Eq can achieve almost the same results but you can do it without putting on as much fat, so there is less to cut.

promiscio is offline Member
    You keep the gains better from EQ also from what I have been reading...

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I have ran both, and I think you hit the nail on the head... I ran test/eq, test/deca , and test/eq/deca and that was the shiznit. Run the test a bit higher than the deca, I ran 500/400/400 with dbol kickstart and finished with winny.

mkv213 original question... BOTH

Kenny007 is offline New Member
    deca for mass
    eq for definition

akiraproject24 is offline Junior Member
    I know everyone reacts differently with aas, however my and a friend did our first cycles together. Mine was 500 test e/week and 400 EQ/week. His was just test e at 500/week. I didnt gain as much weight but my gains were more lean and Id venture to guess the eq actually kept some of the water off thats associated with test e.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I have never tried EQ but I really did not think Deca was worth it at all. I am your size bro and really had my diet and workout together and didn't see much more than I would have if I would have just taken test alone.

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Deca for size. EQ for vascularity

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I have ran both, and I think you hit the nail on the head... I ran test/eq, test/deca , and test/eq/deca and that was the shiznit. Run the test a bit higher than the deca, I ran 500/400/400 with dbol kickstart and finished with winny.

mkv213 original question... BOTH

yes meso was goin2 run
    750-gram test
    500 deca
    500 eq
    winny at the end.i have read several people have tried this and have had great results so i thought f*dk it im gonna give it a go,if i dont like it wont do it again,right!

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    I'm currently on a test E and Eq( previous was Test E & deca ) didnt really like the deca too much. I'm on week 3 right now of the Test E & EQ, really can't tell you much until about week 8, when EQ is supposed to kick in. Let's see.

~theJuice~

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    It sounds like eq is what the verdict is. If you want sheer mass then go for the deca . You already have dbol and classic bulking cycle of test, deca and dbol never fails as long as your caloric intake is up to par. One thing I've found with eq is that I eat a ton, and I can't stress that enough. My problem was that I would eat my normal meals and I'd be hungry again about 30-45 minutes later. You can eat all the protein shakes and bars you want but the hunger pains never went away for me. I did however like the vascularity I got from it. I like eq, but it's damn near impossible for me to not eat everything in sight when I'm on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ODC0717
    It sounds like eq is what the verdict is. If you want sheer mass then go for the deca. You already have dbol and classic bulking cycle of test, deca and dbol never fails as long as your caloric intake is up to par. One thing I've found with eq is that I eat a ton, and I can't stress that enough. My problem was that I would eat my normal meals and I'd be hungry again about 30-45 minutes later. You can eat all the protein shakes and bars you want but the hunger pains never went away for me. I did however like the vascularity I got from it. I like eq, but it's damn near impossible for me to not eat everything in sight when I'm on it.
    LOL, yeah I know what you mean. I eat a huge meal, and in 30-45 min Im hungry again. I'm eating most of the day and I'm only in week 3. Love it though. Thhat makes sure I eat enough.

~theJuice~

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    yes meso was goin2 run
    750-gram test
    500 deca
    500 eq
    winny at the end.i have read several people have tried this and have had great results so i thought f*dk it im gonna give it a go,if i dont like it wont do it again,right!
    I think you will like the results if everything else is in order(the usual... diet, training, rest). It is not synergistic per se' but I like the fact eq, test based, will raise red blood cell count and give hunger let alone anabolic ; and the fact deca, 19nor derived, will utilize protien intake and you also get a good anabolic. Running both will not give you the same sides as running one or the other at a gram...

Happy Cycling!

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    if ur trying to avoid the "puffiness" i would deff. go with the eq bro, but i would extend both the test and the eq due to eq will not give u its full benifit unless run longer than atleast 12wks.... i would go test 500mgs/wk for 14wks and the eq at 400mgs/wk for 12-13wks

mkv213 is offline Member
    That's what I've decided on.

dbol 30mg ED 1-4wk
    Test e 500 14wks
    EQ 400 13 wks

I'm sure I'll end up doing test/deca /eq next cycle.
    Last edited by mkv213; 07-06-2005 at 08:05 PM.

coachj0233 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkv213

dbol 30mg ED 1-4wk
    Test e 500 14wks
    EQ 400 12 wks

I'm sure I'll end up doing test/deca/eq next cycle.
    id personally do the test and eq for the same length of time. 12 weeks in my opinion
    -coachj

Logan13 is offline Banned

eq

I guess I should also add that I'm trying to avoid that puffy, soft muscle look. I may drop the dbol just because of that reason. I want to add quality, lean, hard muscle. Will deca cause me to look puffy?
    Use the EQ, you will get more quality gains from it. If you just want that "Hey, I'm a powerlifter" look, then use the deca /d-bol.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member

dbol 30mg ED 1-4wk
    Test e 500 14wks
    EQ 400 12 wks

I'm sure I'll end up doing test/deca/eq next cycle.
    good choice bro, that will be my exact next cycle except instead of d-bol ill be running var the last 10wks or so

mkv213 is offline Member
    I'm actually going to run the EQ 13 wks. I hit the wrong key.

cwhid is offline Junior Member
    im using EQ and love it...much less smooth puffy watery look than my friends who have used deca . and a ridiculous vascularity. it looks like theres a garden snake slithering across my biceps. Oh and at the beginning i would eat a huge meal then a shake be4 i slept and would wake up feeling like i was on a hunger strike, its gotten a little better now tho(wk 8-9)

I would run test E a week longer, and EQ a week longer.

~theJuice~

Infidel is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by puremusc00
    What do you guys think of this as a first cycle...

Test E 1000mg (split up into 2 injection Monday and Thurs.) for week 1 and 500mg/week(250 twice a week) for weeks 2-12

Eq. 400mg/week Weeks 1-11

Nolva: 10mg QD throughout the cycle

Clomid: 3 weeks POST test E. 200mgX1, 100mgX2-7, 50mg X8-21

Should I also add Dbol (20mg QD) to get that jumpstart? thanks
    thread hijacker

Thread Information