Thread: Strength Gains

themann is offline New Member

Strength Gains

I'm currently taking 1cc of Deca300 and 2cc of TestCyp.200 and I'm in my 7th week and I've went from 185lbs. to 205lbs. but, I haven't really seen any strength gains. I did a cycle about a year ago and I didn't feel or see any strength gains. Is this common or is something wrong? I might jump 15 to 25 lbs on my max bench and that's about it. I'm 33 yrs. old and 5'9". I'm eating alot also.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    15 to 25lbs. and thats about it?!? Dude, that is a lot. You want a 8-10 week cycle to double your max or something?

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Is your goal to "improve your bench" or is it to grow? You have gained 20 lbs in 7 weeks of a fairly mild cycle. I would have no complaints! The numbers on the plates are just numbers... tools, not the end to the means. Don't let the tail wag the dog.

BUT... maybe you just need to push a little harder?

Strength Gains

I know you can't compare yourself to anybody else, but I was told by a few people that I should add about 100 lbs. to my max bench while on a cycle. I don't know how true that is. I'm doing around 325 on bench and I seem to be stuck there. Any advise. I want to get strong and improve the build of my body.

Dude, if you added 100lbs. for just one cycle that would put you at 425. Then what, on the next cycle you are going to add another 100 to get to 525? Think about it man, that ain't gonna happen I don't care what you use. Not to mention, the bigger your max the harder it is to increase your max.

Strength Gains

That's what I was thinking also. So how much stronger do you figure being on a cycle can increase on your bench? What is a good cycle to do as for as strength and mass?

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    avg bench increase from my knowledge for a 10-12 week cycle is between 50-75. i usually fall around 60. about your strength gains "the man", are you doing your workouts geared towards strength?? what does your workout look like now, and what did it look like when you started?

If I was doing a workout for strength what should I be doing? If for mass what should I be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by hellapimpin
    avg bench increase from my knowledge for a 10-12 week cycle is between 50-75. i usually fall around 60. about your strength gains "the man", are you doing your workouts geared towards strength?? what does your workout look like now, and what did it look like when you started?
    Are you saying you increase 60lbs on your bench each 12 week cycle? This seems crazy to me. I mean, at some point you are going to be lifting some huge weights and gaining 60lbs in 12 weeks just won't be possible. Maybe if you start off only benching 150 or something 60lbs sounds realistic. But someone lifting 350 I think would have a harder time adding to their bench no matter their cycle. Am I wrong on this?

fhorst is offline Associate Member
    right on top of it.

At the start, you gain loads while using "nothing"
    At the end, you gain "nothing" while using "loads"

That's the nature of things and also for steroids .

Thread Information