liftin4life is offline Associate Member

5-10% fat...time for T3??? Vets??

So the calipers are indicating 4.9% (suprailliac skinfold(approximately one inch above the right hipbone)...Accumeasure and the ~$200 Tanita Ironman BC-554 Digital composition scale says 10.7% fat. SO....I'm pretty sure it's somewhere between 5 and 10% (5.5% if I take 3 measurements...tri/back/hip w/the Accumeasure)

I have THREE weeks til the beach and I'm leaning out noticably every couple days on my current routine/diet. Goal is 4% and I'm not far away. I have T3 on hand but just ran out of clen . I have ECA on hand but have not taken it yet.

ANY suggestions on how to get down to the 4% with the T3 and an ECA stack without clen and no anabolics? I was thinking a conservative dose...maybe 20-25mg/day for 2-3wks and no more. I don't want to shut down my Thyroid production much if at all...and I only need to drop maybe 7 or 8 lbs in 3 wks which is probably doable without this.

VETS....please advise.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    What kind of diet are you on because that is critical if you want to get to 4%

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    4%? Post some pics and your current diet like Kale suggested. Doing any cardio? Stats?

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    4%? Post some pics and your current diet like Kale suggested. Doing any cardio? Stats?
    Haha...I knew everyone was going to ask about my diet/stats. My diet/training are what I would consider to be on or above par. I'm still dropping 1-3lbs of fat per week and gaining strength so I don't feel a need to change it. However, I DID ask for advice so I'm open to input. In the past 5 months, I've dropped 34 lbs and 7" on my waist while only losing 3/4" on my arms with no anabolics being taken.

Not ranting but this must be said. BEFORE anyone flames me and says to bulk up or take juice, there are some things you should know. I have a very small frame as you can see by my waist size. I'm pretty proportionate now...yes I'd like to get bigger, but it's summer so that will begin in a few months. Because of my government job I cannot take anabolics....those are out of the question...have SD on hand though..might be ok. The goal here....and only goal for the time being...is to strip away all remaining bodyfat...and as much as possible in 3 weeks. This goal will not change...this is my personal preference to get lean FIRST, then bulk. I can bulk no problem but it's been 7 yrs since I was 4.5% (distance runner).

I was 176 when I started dieting approximately 5 months ago.

Stats:
    Experience: 7 years
    Height: 5' 6 1/2"
    Weight: 142
    Waist: 27 3/4
    Neck: 16.5"
    Chest: 43.5"
    Wrist: 6.5"
    Arms: 14"
    Forearms: 12 3/4"
    Quads: 23.5"
    Calves: 14.5"

Weights: 3x a week (happy w/current routine...gaining strength rapidly)

Diet: I follow a diet very similar to that of Clarence Bass, if any of you are familiar with him. I eat mostly whole foods, no red meat or pork, and eat out only 1 time per week. Here is a sample layout for the day/night. I'm on night shift now so I wake up late:

Calories: 1500 (was at 3400 at 176lbs)
    2:00pm: Wake: Redline x2 caps Hot Rox x1 cap
    2:30pm: Cardio: Rowing: 45min moderate intensity (every other day is HIIT for 30min)
    3:15pm: Meal 1: (300)PWO....Cytogainer w/milk
    4:45pm: Meal 2: (260)1egg, 3 egg whites, 1/8cup cheese on whole wheat toast
    6:45pm: Meal 3: (310)1/2 Cup Oatmeal, 1 apple, 1egg, 2 egg whites.
    9:00pm: Meal 4: (170)1 apple, Syntrax Nectar protein (1040)
    11:00pm: LIFT
    12:00am: Meal 5: (250)PWO Cytogainer
    01:30am: Meal 6: (210) 1 egg, 3 egg whites, 1 slice of whole wheat toast
    05:00am: Sleep (maybe 6am b/c of night shift)

Pix on other computer account..will brb to post in a few.

Here are various pix in order. First...9 months of progress at different weights with dates/weights in pix. Pix aren't great quality due to cell phone and no digital cam...so some may be blurred. Take that into account.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5-10% fat...time for T3??? Vets??-9-months-changes-may-25.jpg   5-10% fat...time for T3??? Vets??-6-25-06-0156.jpg   5-10% fat...time for T3??? Vets??-06-25-06_0157.jpg   5-10% fat...time for T3??? Vets??-06-30-06_0410.jpg  

The others were from a week ago to 2 months ago. I just took a few ab shots. They look A LOT clearer/sharper on the phone so take that into account.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5-10% fat...time for T3??? Vets??-07-03-06_1955.jpg   5-10% fat...time for T3??? Vets??-07-03-06_1956.jpg   5-10% fat...time for T3??? Vets??-07-03-06_1957.jpg  

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I think you should use sum of 5 skinfolds technique for measureing bf% with calpiers. I have the equation in one of my binders here. I will search through a bit later to find it for you.

But if you are already at around 6% I think you are fine just continuing what you are doing, but I dont think you need to get down to 4%. If you are going to the beach to look good I can guarantee you maybe 1 out of every 5000 people will have bodyfat lower than yours.

I would starve on that diet but you are also a small guy so I find it hard to critique properly.

I dont see any pics...

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    I think you should use sum of 5 skinfolds technique for measureing bf% with calpiers. I have the equation in one of my binders here. I will search through a bit later to find it for you.

But if you are already at around 6% I think you are fine just continuing what you are doing, but I dont think you need to get down to 4%. If you are going to the beach to look good I can guarantee you maybe 1 out of every 5000 people will have bodyfat lower than yours.

I would starve on that diet but you are also a small guy so I find it hard to critique properly.
    Haha I think we were posting at the same time...so not sure if you saw any of my pix. Do you know the 5 points? The average between back of tri, supralaiic fold, and upper back was 5.5mm. Yeah...I know I'll look better than most, but I want to be 4ish before I bulk again.

Quote Originally Posted by liftin4life
    Haha I think we were posting at the same time...so not sure if you saw any of my pix. Do you know the 5 points? The average between back of tri, supralaiic fold, and upper back was 5.5mm. Yeah...I know I'll look better than most, but I want to be 4ish before I bulk again.
    Ya thats a great goal man. I am not trying to tell you not to do it at all just stating an opinion. But best of luck with it man.

I believe the 5 points are: subscapularis, iliac crest, medial calf, tricep, abdomin (just to the right of belly button. Or left if you are taking all other measurements on left side).

Like I said I will get you the info later and tell you exactly how to calculate it based on the mm measurements. I just dont have time right now as I am off to the gym in 10 mins.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    YGPM

~Nark

Thanks for all of your input. Any experienced advice is appreciated.

Thread Information